[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Esperanto fail?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 14
File: Flag_of_Esperanto.svg.png (22 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Esperanto.svg.png
22 KB, 2000x1333
Why did Esperanto fail?
>>
File: 1417739518233.jpg (44 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1417739518233.jpg
44 KB, 499x499
>mi goja
>>
Because it has no cultural ties to it so less people find it interesting, also the supremacy of English
>>
because it's shit
>>
it's ugly,artificial,autistic and gay
>>
>>53774833
not enough esperanto speaking lolis
>>
Esperanto is the wet dream of communist jews, an easily learned language to be spreams amongst the goyim and spare them of they're cultures. It's like the concept of Newspeak
>>
>>53774833
English is easier
>>
>>53775005

/thread
>>
>>53775221
> It's like the concept of Newspeak
actually... this

English: good - bad
Newspeak: good - ungood
Esperanto: bona - malbona
>>
>>53774833
with that flag, it was doomed to fail
>>
>>53774833
it has no soul
>>
>>53775407
>>53775221
considering it predates orwell the opposite is true but yeah, jews have a boner for blurring ethnic lines
>>
>>53775575
confirmed for ginger languaged

hahahahalolollmaolelkeklolrofl i'm so funny :DDDD
>>
>>53775686
>languaged
language*

fix'd, jesus my dyslexia is on fire today
>>
Network effects
>>
>>53775165
>>53775221
>>53775303
>>53775575
How does it feel to be objectively wrong?
>>
>>53775766
suddenly everything makes sense, ty
>>
>Esperanto does what it claims to do (allowing communication between people from different nations and being easier to learn than national languages)
>literally the only known case in the history of humanity of a language that started as a constructed language and now has native speakers
>growing despite no publicity and widespread ignorance and unfavorable opinions about it
>it has survived all the people who claimed it's dead
That's hardly a failure desu.
>>
The global spread of english made it practically useless.
>>
>>53774833
Because it's shit.
>>
>>53778437
So do you prefer being fucked in the ass by the Americans?
>>
>>53774833
The rise of fascism is many countries sought to use divide and conquer techniques and thus a international language posed an enormous threat.
The Fact that Zamenhof was a Jewish Pole didn't help much easier, allowing the Fascists to label it as a Jewish conspiracy.
On top of this the largest country on Earth, the Soviet Union, went on to ban the language for the same reason the Fascists did (minus the Jew part of course) and thus the language died off.
>>
>>53774833
meme language
>>
>>53778629
at least English is an actual language
>>
>>53778892
>the language died off.
It didn't, Esperanto is a living language.

>>53779313
So is Esperanto.
>>
>>53779567
>So is Esperanto.
Sure, compared to some language like Bismala

But compared to English, no it isn't, not even close actually
>>
>>53779671
Yes it is, it has enough grammar and vocabulary to state literally every conceivable idea that you could in English
And seeing as the purpose of a language is to communicate, wouldn't that make the easiest language to learn more of a language than English?
>>
>>53779785
>And seeing as the purpose of a language is to communicate
[judaism intensifies]
>>
>>53774833
It's fucking shit
Who the fuck wants to learn a language devoid of culture?
>>
>>53779876
>inb4 jewish esperantists start claiming that Esperanto has "just as much culture" as a language such as English or French
>>
>>53779824
>implying the purpose of a language is to speak in nonsensical gibberish
>>53779876
It's an international language, why on Earth would someone want an international language to have culture
>>
>>53779942
>why on Earth would someone want an international language to have culture
because then you can still enjoy its culture you fucking retard

Even if someone in rural Mongolia learns English, he then has access to COUNTLESS cultural productions (movies, TV shows, journals, newspapers, music, radio, etc.), not to mention all of the great literary heritage of the English language (Shakespeare, Poe, Wilde, etc.)

So learning English not only allows you to communicate with the world, it also gives you access to one of the richest cultures on Earth.

>implying the purpose of a language is to speak in nonsensical gibberish
No, but language is about more than just communication, despite all of your jewish propaganda trying to claim that culture is irrelevant and we should just ditch it for your fucking newspeak.
>>
>>53779942
Who the fuck wants an international language?

Besides that it makes it boring
People learn languages 9/10 not out of necessity but because they have some interest in a foreign culture or history in cases of dead languages

Esperanto is boring, clinical, and with no slang or literature or poetry or anything
Why learn it? It's a completely useless time sink only still pushed NWO faggots
>>
It is a meme, you might as well learn Klingon. It also is very limited and English is superior as a lingua franca.
>>
>>53780151
>no slang, literature, or poetry
wew lad
>why learn it?
Easy, even if you were learning a language for the culture, learning Esperanto makes it all the much easier to learn another language, especially if that language is a European one
>>
>>53780299

Or you could just learn a real language like French or German and skip the whole meme language intermediary
>>
>>53780299
>learning Esperanto makes it all the much easier to learn another language, especially if that language is a European one
or you could just directly learn whatever European language you're interested in, Shlomo

The "intermediate learning language" argument has no factual basis, unless you're specifically interested in learning the "intermediate" language in the first place.

>wew lad
Again, compared to English, it's fucking nothing.

Bislama also has *some* literature, slang, etc. but that doesn't mean that its culture can even come slightly close to that of English.
>>
>>53779930
>jewish esperantists
>>53780090
>jewish propaganda
>>53780447
>Shlomo
Literally 99% of Esperanto speakers are not Jews and none of them gives a fuck about Jews.

>>53780151
>Esperanto is boring, clinical, and with no slang or literature or poetry or anything
It's absolutely incredible how anyone can say that shit on the fucking Internet when a 10 second Google search will tell you that, yes, there is Esperanto literature and poetry.

>>53780195
Klingon is not a real language, unlike Esperanto. Also, please tell me how Esperanto is "limited".

>>53780357
Esperanto is a real language, whether you like it or not.
>>
>>53781541
>Also, please tell me how Esperanto is "limited".
It only allows limited thoughts.

>Literally 99% of Esperanto speakers are not Jews and none of them gives a fuck about Jews.
It was invented by a Jew.
>>
>>53781575
>It only allows limited thoughts.
No it does not. I can express everything I need to express in Esperanto.

>It was invented by a Jew.
Who gives a fuck, apart from /pol/?
>>
>>53781541
there's also Bislama literature and poetry

Bislama is still a shit language with shit culture compared to English though. Likewise, Esperanto is a shitty jewish """"""""""language"""""""""" with shit culture compared to English.
>>
>>53781760
>Bislama is still a shit language
What an incredibly hateful statement.

>Esperanto is a shitty jewish """"""""""language""""""""""
1. Why are you obsessed with Jews?
2. No needs for scare quotes, Esperanto is a language. Period. There is no debate. It's not a matter of opinion. If you disagree, you are objectively and provably wrong. Denying reality because you don't like it won't make it disappear.
>>
>>53781893
artificial languages are not real languages

>What an incredibly hateful statement.
it's the truth

Esperanto, just like Bislama (I'm just using Bislama as a random example but there are countles other examples) are shit languages with shit culture compared to English (or French, or Spanish, or German, etc.)
>>
>>53775221
I hate this argument.

Language is used as a way to communicate with those around you; your people, your culture. Esperanto is for talking to people outside of your culture, you can meet in the middle and learn an easy language. Esperanto SHOULD NOT have any native speakers, it should not displace any language existing. I don't give a fuck about grammar in english, because I can understand someone when they say "I don't want nothin" instead of "I don't want anything". Language and culture evolves like that. But in esperanto, grammar should be kept strict and orderly, because esperanto must not displace cultures, it must not become anyone's language they speak at home.
>>
>>53782031
>that denial
Why can't you just accept reality? Esperanto is a real language, whether you like it or not. There is literally nobody in the world who has observe how Esperanto is used in real life and concluded it's not a real language.
>>
>>53782141
>thinks Esperanto has culture that is even slightly comparable to that of English
>accuses me of being in denial

top kek
>>
>>53782303
>can't read
>spouts bullshit like "shit language"
>doesn't answer the question about jew obsession
>>
>>53774833

Because people can just learn English. It's only slightly more complicated, and you can do so much more with English than you can with Memesperanto.
>>
File: 101bb0001.jpg (55 KB, 459x594) Image search: [Google]
101bb0001.jpg
55 KB, 459x594
>>53779876
People who want a simple way to talk to foreigners, dumbass.

I agree, esperanto is a soulless and uninspired language. But that's fine, because it's not supposed to have a culture attached to it. It is a utility.

And you know what, a lot of people are complaining about globalization, but you ignore that there are countries whose people are collectively forgetting their own language in favor of english. This is quite sad. Capitalism is the problem, and ironically, esperanto as the auxiliary language of the earth would work to preserve culture.
>>
>>53782424
>and you can do so much more with English than you can with Memesperanto.

Lmao like not having an accusative case so you have to rely on inflection to emphasize things?
>>
File: hwut.png (291 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
hwut.png
291 KB, 600x512
>>53782446
>there are countries whose people are collectively forgetting their own language in favor of english
>>
>>53782623
>Lmao like not having an accusative case so you have to rely on inflection to emphasize things?
nah, like watching cool movies and stuff.
>>
>>53774833
literally MEME language

also jews
>>
>>53781541
>there is Esperanto literature and poetry
Name me a single good Esperanto author
There isn't one

It's a cultureless language and I can't believe anyone on /int/ would support it
It's ugly, devoid of meaning, and without any thinkers
>>
>>53783125
>Name me a single good Esperanto author
William Auld

>It's ugly, devoid of meaning, and without any thinkers
>I vaguely heard about Esperanto and I decided I hate it even though I know literally know nothing about it
>>
too eurocentric where it really needs not to be
>>
File: fekponto.jpg (579 KB, 851x708) Image search: [Google]
fekponto.jpg
579 KB, 851x708
>>53776309
This...

>tfw got to the thread late

>>53783125
William Auld

>Auld was nominated for the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1999, 2004, and 2006 making him the first person to be nominated for works in Esperanto.
>>
>>53783203
Okay you gave me one

It's still cultureless mate
You have a single Scottish academic who got infatuated with the idea of a modern man made language
That's hardly culture

Tell me about the great music of Esperanto, tell me about all the media made in esperanto, tell me about the culture of the people who speak Esperanto
There isn't any because Esperanto is cultureless

Even auld is more Scottish than esperantese
>>
>>53783492
>there is no Esperanto literature
>ok there is some but it doesn't count because reasons

Now you'll tell me this is not music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVYWYfkpcvA
and that these people don't exist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzDS2WyemBI

>tell me about the culture of the people who speak Esperanto
Everyone who speaks Esperanto has a culture, genius.
>>
>>53774833
It hasn't really "failed", since people still do learn and speak it, but I suppose you don't really gain much by learning Esperanto, as opposed to learning English (or French, or Spanish, etc.).
>>
>>53783625
It's cultureless mate
Even that music is devoid of originality or uniqueness

Like I can't believe you can't see that

They really don't though
They follow the culture of the west adapted to their autist language
>>
File: nepala renkontiĝo.jpg (85 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
nepala renkontiĝo.jpg
85 KB, 960x720
What I don't get is how angry/defensive people get about saying Esperanto is a failure, that it's fake, etc. It seems to genuinely make people mad that people are using it and feel that it's equal to any other language. I blame people with bad people skills trying to promote Esperanto, laying the seeds for that irritation.

But yeah...After knowing this language for 10 years it's really impossible for me to take any argument like >muh great works of art >muh 1000s of years of history as a very important point for why another language should be considered "more" of a language than this one.
>>
>>53782767
Americans don't understand that a person can know 2 languages.
>>
>>53774833
It's boring I guess

Like who the fuck learns a modern man made language?
Like what do they even have going for them?
You don't get fun shit from their etymology or anything because none of it was shaped by conquering or anything like that it was all made in universities

It just borrows shit from a bunch of romance languages
It's just so boring
Like everything about is pretty fucking stupid

And people make fun of the nerds who learn Latin and ancient greek sheesh
>>
>>53783822
>I don't like one song, therefore all the music sung in the same language is shit
Why can't you just admit you decided you don't like Esperanto for some weird reason?

>>53783879
This.

>>53784028
I wish people just stopped giving their ignorant opinion about subjects they have literally zero knowledge of.
>>
>>53783879
Why learn it?
Give a single good reason?

It is the most autistic langauge I've ever heard
It's based a bunch of euro languages and comes off sounding like a retarded Scandinavian

>>53784081
Why don't you admit that it's a shitty language?
What is the point of it?

I hate it because it's just stupid
Like why?
>>
>>53784182
>It is the most autistic langauge I've ever heard
There are definitely more autistic languages out there. This is just the most popular autistic language.
>>
>>53784081
Tell me about Esperanto then
What puts it on even the same caliber as dead languages?

I don't know bro it just seems really really stupid
I mean if you want to waste your time learning it whatever that's your choice but I mean don't blame others for thinking its stupid
>>
>>53784240
True but I think it has its own caliber of autism
One mixed with smugness that would only come from a language developed in the towers of a university
>>
>>53784316
>What puts it on even the same caliber as dead languages?
Nothing. Dead language are dead. Esperanto is alive.

>waste your time learning it
Lol, Esperanto changed my life and made me learn two other languages.

>>53784381
>a language developed in the towers of a university
Proof that you know nothing about Esperanto.
>>
>>53784028
This pretty much. It has no soul, no history, hasn't been official anywhere at all. Also English is particularly easy to learn, at least its basics and compared every other world language.
>>
>>53784182
Lad stay calm he'll probably come back with Arcaicam Esperantom or some other fake shit they made just to counter criticism
>>
>>53784425
>no soul
It's funny how people keep spouting the "no soul" meme, which doesn't even make sense.

When someone tells a joke in Esperanto and people from five countries laugh at the same time, is it soulless? When a girl confesses her love to her boyfriend in Esperanto, is it soulless? When a father talks to his child in Esperanto, is it soulless?
>>
>>53784412
How did it change your life
I'm genuinely curious

Nah dead languages are WAY more important desu

You learn so many cool things from dead languages that I don't think you'd ever learn from Esperanto

For example barbarian comes from ancient greek and they used it to describe gauls and other such northern foreigners because they made sounds like barbarbarbar
Its literally like calling uncivilized people chingchongians
>>
>>53784634
>When a girl confesses her love to her boyfriend in Esperanto, is it soulless?
No, just autistic
>>
>>53784562
I just hate this langauge so much
It's literally Reddit the language
>>
>>53784676
>For example barbarian comes from ancient greek
Yeah, I know this. But I don't know anyone who had sex in Ancient Greek though.

>>53784730
This is so retarded I don't even know what to answer.
>>
>>53784786
The ancient Greeks did and so did a good chunk of Romans
>>
>>53784760
>I just hate this langauge so much
It's absolutely unbelievable how people are mad at the existence of a fucking language.
Esperanto exists, there are people who speak it, get over it.

>>53784875
I mean now, when Ancient Greek is a dead language.
>>
>>53784922
Oh well if course not
It's a dead language only used for history
I mean all languages are used for history (except Esperanto) but ancient greek is only used for it
>>
>>53784182
>Why learn it?
>Give a single good reason?

Well, originally I learned it for fun, not expecting anything. What I have ended up being surprised by/happy about is that you don't have to do very much digging to find people from a wide range of countries, and alot of people are excited to invite you to stay with them in their country and guide you around. I'm sure I could find that with English or another language, but with Esperanto it's more automatic. People are excited to invite each other to places and to host people. On the "English" internet, I don't randomly run into very many Asians or Africans, compared to on the "Esperanto" internet, where I talk to Asians and Africans all the time. The English language internet is pretty skewed toward the U.S., and then somewhat to the rest of the western world. The Esperanto internet is more fun and interesting to me because I talk with people from places like Burundi, China, East Timor, Nepal, Vietnam etc. on a regular basis, and it's people who are interested in international stuff and culture sharing, so you learn alot. And really, in light of Esperanto's original goal of helping people feel equal, I feel that is true as well. If you don't mention where you are from, you feel like you're talking to your neighbor, the conversation flows very easily and you're not clouded thinking about where the person is from. Then you find out they are a police officer from China who doesn't know English and that you wouldn't have been friends otherwise. Basically it feels like a big party to me where the whole world is invited. English still feels pretty American and Brit based to me.
>>
>>53784922
Esperanto exists, its autistic and stupid, get over it
>>
>>53784634
It is, because it's artificial. If you're butthurt about this it's not my problem at all m8, but even fucking Tolkien said this and that's why he started making up legends and tales for his languages in the first place.

>>53784760
I don't hate it, Esperanto looks better than most other artificial languages, especially compared to Volapük and Toki Tiki or however that autistic shit is called. But if I have the choice between a real language and the culture and history it transports and a language literally created by someone whose name was semen yard I'll naturally take the real language
>>
>>53784412
>Esperanto changed my life

Mi ankaŭ :3

Genuinely really grateful that I learned it, life would not be the same otherwise. Haters can hate all they want.
>>
>>53785052
>its autistic and stupid
Why do you keep spouting your bullshit even after it has been shown that your knowledge of what Esperanto actually is is inexistent?

>>53785109
>a language literally created by someone
Esperanto as it is spoken today is the result of a century of evolution, m8.

>>53785031
Ne malŝparu vian tempon, tiu retejo estas la pugo de la reto.
>>
It shouldn't have been created with more complex rules to begin with ; it should have remained a pidgin
>>
File: 1452826320394.jpg (40 KB, 342x298) Image search: [Google]
1452826320394.jpg
40 KB, 342x298
>>53785109
>but even fucking Tolkien said this and that's why he started making up legends and tales for his languages in the first place.

>he thinks made up stories about elves are more real than daily interactions between actual living people travelling, becoming friends, cooking together, singing and dancing together, falling in love, and raising families
>>
>>53785330
It was still created by a person and hasn't changed that much. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against the language per se (or against any constructed language as long as it isn't bullshit like Tiki Toka or whatever it's called). I just don't see any reason to learning it and not wanting to concede that it indeed doesn't serve any real purpose and does not have any ethymological history at all, as it just took words from random languages and put them together with a highly simplified grammar.

>>53785418
You didn't get at all what I'm saying lad, not even counting the fact that Sindarin nowadays also is spoken by a bunch of people.
>>
>>53785031
Maybe that's cause you actively get out of your bubble with Esperanto?
It's a small community so it makes sense that you'd easily make friends

I just don't see the point mate
You use it to connect with people
I learn languages to connect with cultures since English already gives me plenty of people contact

It's just a stupid langauge desu

Anyway I'm glad it makes you happy at least but don't you ever compare it to real langauges or I will cut you and your eastern european friend in this thread
>>
>>53785330
>Ne malŝparu vian tempon, tiu retejo estas la pugo de la reto.

Nu fakte mi malŝparas la tempon ĉiutage...Hej, ĉu malplaĉus al vi babili ie, iam? Aŭ ĉu vi preferus resti anonima? Mi sentas ke ni ofte preterpasas unu la alian ĉi tie, kial ne fariĝu amikoj? Bv. resbondi :-DD
>>
>>53785638
>don't you ever compare it to real langauges
Again? Esperanto is a real language. It's an undeniable fact.

>>53785669
>amikiĝi kun 4chananoj
Tio ne ŝajnas al mi tre bona ideo, mi ne volas vekiĝi kun mankantaj organoj en iu malluma kelo.
>>
>>53785594
>not even counting the fact that Sindarin nowadays also is spoken by a bunch of people.
How many is a "bunch"? 6? 7?
>>
>>53774833
It succeeded in the sense that people around the world learned it
It failed in the sense that people will never care about it

If Esperanto disappeared tomorrow nothing would chnage much in the world
Most people know Esperanto as a second or third language because it's not tied to a nation, history, modern culture, etc

No one is going to fight and die for Esperanto or place protectionary laws in their nation for it
>>
>>53774833
>tfw my parents made me learn Esperanto when I was young 'cause they thought it would come in handy

Neniu konas la problemojn kiujn mi vidis
>>
>>53785638
>I just don't see the point mate
>You use it to connect with people
>I learn languages to connect with cultures since English already gives me plenty of people contact

So, you and I have different interests, and you find Esperanto irrelevant to yours. That is fine.

>but don't you ever compare it to real langauges or I will cut you and your eastern european friend in this thread

But it is a real language. Sorry m8
>>
>>53785825
Around 40 are proven to be more or less fluent, +-150 more have basic knowledge. Main difference is they don't try to stick their knowledge of it into everyone's ass like some Esperantofags here.
>>
File: consider the loli.jpg (357 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
consider the loli.jpg
357 KB, 1440x810
>>53774833
Esperanto is simply useless.
If you learn it, you won't:
-gain access to new papers/studies etc.
-be able to communicate with a random person on the street of any country
-gain access to new literature/media of any kind
-be able to learn anything about the culture of native speakers (there isn't any)
Realistically, there's like 1 million of esperanto speakers who are spread all over the fucking world. The chances are, you won't casually get to know someone who speaks it.
Nobody but linguists has any real incentive to learn it.
>>
>>53785926
It's not

It's modern man's hubris thrown at a language wall
What is unique about Esperanto?
I legitimately want to know
Does it have a single unique word?
>>
>>53785942
>they don't try to stick their knowledge of it into everyone's ass like some Esperantofags here.
It's not my fault people get butthurt when they discover Esperanto is a real language spoken by real people in the real world.
>>
>>53785766
Ĉu nur pro retumi ĉe 4chan mi estas murdisto? Haha. Nu, bone. Mi simple feliĉus havi esperantan amikon kiu ankaŭ ŝatas 4chan-on, kiu ne estas tute nesuferebla malmojosulo.

Kaj mi loĝas en Kalifornio, kie ne ekzistas keloj.
>>
File: 011.jpg (98 KB, 610x410) Image search: [Google]
011.jpg
98 KB, 610x410
>>53774833
>Why did Esperanto fail?
Because it was an artificial and new language that had no ties to any specific culture or nationality, and served no purpose other than being a hobby language to bored nerds.
>>
>>53786049
Even linguists don't learn it desu (linguistic major here)
We're generally more concerned with how langauges form naturally desu

If we had no ethical barriers we'd throw babies into the wild and give them some form of food somehow and see if they could form a language
>>
>>53786049

Loli has been considered :DD:D:
>>
>>53786052
The aim of Esperanto was to mix and match words from different languages to create an easy to learn international language, something that can be spoken and understood by people from all countries around the globe to improve and strengthen international ties and help break down the language barrier; it's why a lot of the words resemble French, Russian, English etc

It isn't suppose to be unique, it isn't a completely fictional language like that of Lord of the Rings.
>>
>>53786067
I never said this though, I just pointed out that for me the reason it never caught on is the lack of actual use, the lack of a territory to speak it and the lack of a soul and history.
Thing is with you guys, as soon as someone criticizes Esperanto you go apeshit and try to prove how good it is, trying to shut people's mouths and not being critical of your own point of view at all. That's some vegetarian tier shit here and probably the reason many people don't even bother being serious in these discussions.

Again, I love languages and never said Esperanto isn't a "real" one. I just pointed out why I don't see it being relevant at all and why it never caught on. Perhaps if Neutral Moresnet was a thing I'd believe it.
>>
>>53782094
>Esperanto is for talking to people outside of your culture, you can meet in the middle and learn an easy language

Esperanto is heavily latin based, with some german words. A japanese or Slavic person would not be "meeting in the middle"
>>
>>53786052

Why do you think old languages are somehow special?
>>
>>53786167
This
>a hobby langauge to bored nerds
That's a perfect description of the language
>>
>>53786049
This. Fuck esperanto, I'll rather learn elfic or clingon, at least they come from a culture even if it's an invented one.
>>
>>53786278
>as soon as someone criticizes Esperanto
Please, 99.99% of the "criticism" are meaningless buzzwords (like "autistic" and "soulless") and objectively wrong claims ("there is no literature in Esperanto"), not to mention conspiracy theories about Jews.

>>53786306
Slavic people definitely are.

>>53786355
It's not. Most people who speak Esperanto are not "nerds". It's not a "hobby" for people who speak it as a family language.
>>
>>53774833
anglo CIA MI6 spys genocided esperanto speakers to protect English language hegemony.
>>
>>53786252
Thats just sad though

>>53786334
Culture history etc :3
They also have a uniqueness that can only be formed in a community made language
>>
You have to be a next level memester to even consider learning Esperanto.

Besides, even if you do learn it fluently, you can only talk to the other few thousand people in your sekrit club
>>
>>53786190
I would be very interested in an experiment like this tbqf

I hear they have illegal and questionably ethical scientific experiments on onion websites sometimes. Does anyone know a typing about this?
>>
>>53786278
...Replying to misconceptions is "going apeshit"?
>>
>>53786404
Nah its still a hobby even then or are you telling me there are actually people who speak Esperanto as a first language...
Oh god there are aren't there?
There are parents out there that pushed this shit on their kids even more extremely than the Australian's parents

Shit I feel bad for those kids
>>
>>53786572
>there are actually people who speak Esperanto as a first language...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzDS2WyemBI

And there are couples who speak Esperanto as a common language. For everything, including arguing and sex.
>>
>>53786252
I suppose this is why you and OP like it, but it's precisely why most people doesn't and what they mean by "souless" or "no culture".
>>
>>53786404
you do understand that 95% of people have it as a second language, and the ones who don't had it pushed on them by their Esperanto hobbyist parents?
and this does not make it any more of a legitimate language
>>
>>53786190
Do they don't teach you anything at school? There were multiple case studies and experiments about forming of language. Pope put two children in the room to see if they speak any sort of language. In the end, they weren't able. Also, wild child case in which kid who grew in the forest knows no language. I am glad there are some ethical rules otherwise bakas like you would hurt people.
>>
>>53786404
>autistic
it's a buzzword for literally everything on 4chan nigger
>soulless
it's a subjective word and nonetheless I never see any arguments against it. It doesn't get a soul because some random people start talking about it
>there is no literature in Esperanto
only faggots who don't know anything at all say that to trigger you, and it always works. It's not like it even is an argument in favour of Esperanto, even Klingon has literature.
Otherwise you didn't even respond to my arguments, as always you just start whining about "you always say the same things which are wrong but don't let me go into it and defend myself"
Also you only defend yourself against the autistic ones on fucking /int/ which don't even take the talk seriously. If I tell you that Esperanto has a lack of efficiency, is artificial and not neutral, how do you defend it?

>>53786525
Replying to misconceptions is only an argument if you actually bring in explications and defend your point of view, instead of just whining about everyone bashing it.
>>
It sounds like horse shit.
>>
Not enough qt girls speaking it
>>
>>53786771
Nah both those cases were very... How should I put it small in terms of study

It would have to be a multi-generational one I believe
Not wildchilds or anything like that
Think a small community forming with no language and then producing children and so on

Langauge doesn't develops in one generation desu
>>
>>53786621
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzDS2WyemBI
neat
I don't imagine it would be very useful, but very cool tho
>>
>>53786783
>Otherwise you didn't even respond to my arguments
You mean the ones you ignore, such as the one about "soulless"? >>53784634

And how can you defend it against something as meaningless as "lack of efficiency"? It barely makes sense. Everyone who speaks Esperanto will tell you they have no problem expressing anything they have to express.

An, by the way, why should I have to "defend" it? Esperanto exists, period.
>>
File: angry leaves.jpg (22 KB, 335x229) Image search: [Google]
angry leaves.jpg
22 KB, 335x229
>>53786931
>be grill
>fluent in esperanto
>probably not qt enough to promote it

dammit
>>
>>53787141
Trannies don't count
>>
>>53787182
>he doesn't like a feminine benis
fucking faggot
>>
>>53787141
Write cute Esperanto phrases on your feet and post pics.
>>
>>53787230
Not if its from someone speaking Esperanto
>>
>>53786958
>They didnt teach me what is pidgin
>>
File: 1452721683315.png (41 KB, 540x452) Image search: [Google]
1452721683315.png
41 KB, 540x452
>>53787182
quit bullying me senpai

>>53787238
I considered it for a milisecond you sneaky fucker
>>
>>53787040
I already said that it doesn't get a "soul" just because random people of different cultures and countries can talk in it and tell a joke in Esperanto, or if it becomes hereditary. Tell me if Klingon should be considered not lacking a soul in that case.

>And how can you defend it against something as meaningless as "lack of efficiency"? It barely makes sense. Everyone who speaks Esperanto will tell you they have no problem expressing anything they have to express.
Shit like -aj and -oj, and grammatical cases for example are shit that doesn't need to be in a language that supposedly has been made to be easily learned. Ido got it right there for example. Other point is the fact that even after one hundred years there aren't that many people who speak it, and even less who speak it fluently, and it's not growing at all compared to world population. It's not an efficient language if there's not a core population who can keep it, going again to the lack of soul and history/society.

>An, by the way, why should I have to "defend" it? Esperanto exists, period.
Again, you're retarded m8. That's a dumb position to say that you don't have to defend it, if you're constantly calling out people who present their arguments. Also I wrote several times I don't care about the existence, that isn't a problem. I'm more criticizing retards that can't take criticism and act like they need to convert people by force like Jehova's Witnesses and hardcore vegetarians.
>>
File: 1449017298016.jpg (7 KB, 208x249) Image search: [Google]
1449017298016.jpg
7 KB, 208x249
>leftist anti cultural cucks defending the failure known as esperanto
>>
>>53787265
>not wanting a trannie esperantist to whisper into your ear, "Me volas enigi mian penison en vi ;^)"
>>
>>53787454
>I considered it for a milisecond you sneaky fucker
I'm just trying to come up with ideas for how to spead Esperanto and increase the number of speakers. I think it'd be quite effective.
>>
>>53787265
why so bully
>>
>>53787698
Because it's even more Jewish than the resurrection of Hebrew
>>
>>53787473
So basically, "soul" and "efficiency" don't mean anything.

>I'm more criticizing retards that can't take criticism and act like they need to convert people by force like Jehova's Witnesses and hardcore vegetarians.
Lel.
Basically, almost every time someone mentions Esperanto (even when you're not trying to convince of anything, just stating that you speak it), some people will begin tell you it's shit and that you're a retard for learning it and make you defend yourself against arguments you've heard a thousand times, even if you didn't want to get into an argument in the first place. Pretty much any Esperanto speaker with a little experience is sick of this shit.
>>
>>53787753
I find your obsession with Jews amusing
>>
>>53787985
Jews are cute
Can't blame them for being Jewish
>>
>>53787788
>So basically, "soul" and "efficiency" don't mean anything.
again just dodgin arguments.

>Basically, almost every time someone mentions Esperanto (even when you're not trying to convince of anything, just stating that you speak it), some people will begin tell you it's shit and that you're a retard for learning it
You're retarded if you take baits that easily, that is the problem. Why do you do it? I talked some weeks ago with an Hungarian anon who would spend New Year's Eve with about one hundred other Esperantists, I found it really interesting and probably spent several hours talking about it after. In this thread I just wrote what I personally don't like about it, and you directly got triggered and started being a jerk for no reason. Do you get it?

>and make you defend yourself against arguments you've heard a thousand times, even if you didn't want to get into an argument in the first place
sorry, but if you want to talk about it in this kind of board and get people who have legitimate criticism and qrustions you can't just say that you're tired and that they should fuck off. This is the kind of thing that attracts baits and faggots in the first place.

>Pretty much any Esperanto speaker with a little experience is sick of this shit.
I understand this lad, but like it's the case with veggies you either explain it once per thread and then link to more (non-biased) information, and if someone asks again you link to your previous post or you at least don't say anything. Replying with butthurt to trolls is literally the least intelligent thing you can do on fucking 4chan

I don't see anymore need to talk about this as it's probably starting to turn in circles soon. I hope you get my point of view and think about how you act against people who have legitimate questions. If you don't, well, it's not my problem, but then stop whining about it. Have a nice evening m8
>>
>>53788183
>started being a jerk
Not really, compared to the idiots who spout "it's shit" and "autism"?

>This is the kind of thing that attracts baits and faggots in the first place.
You're right, people in real life are usually less assholish that the average 4channer tbqh
>>
File: se vi povas legi ĉi tiun.jpg (82 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
se vi povas legi ĉi tiun.jpg
82 KB, 960x960
>>53787788
>Basically, almost every time someone mentions Esperanto (even when you're not trying to convince of anything, just stating that you speak it), some people will begin tell you it's shit and that you're a retard for learning it and make you defend yourself against arguments you've heard a thousand times, even if you didn't want to get into an argument in the first place. Pretty much any Esperanto speaker with a little experience is sick of this shit.

this to be quite honest family

Not to pick on the anon who said we were "going apeshit" but really...Been hearing this stuff against Esperanto for years, once in a while I will say "that's not true" or "I disagree" and suddenly it means I am a warrior for the Esperanto movement or something...
Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.