[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For pic-related fags: Is it true that your contry has got the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: Finland-Flag.gif (13 KB, 1800x1201) Image search: [Google]
Finland-Flag.gif
13 KB, 1800x1201
For pic-related fags:
Is it true that your contry has got the best education, at all levels, or is it just a meme?
Don't worry about Spanish educational system, because it's just burocratic crab.
>>
>>53518275
Meh. We have pretty good primary and secondary education, though our government seems hellbent to bring it all down.
Our higher education is a bit above international average but nothing special, at least according the anglo funded university rankings.
>>
>>53518420
But I've heard you have a very high emotional intelligence because your parents don't work in the afternoon and share a lot of time with you. Is this right?
Also, they say you don't have homework, nor exams, nor true academic teching until primary 4th grade. True or false?
>>
Our schools aren't any "better", the axiom behind our relatively high scores is rather politically incorrect: https://www.tes.com/article.aspx?storycode=6449307
>>
>>53518631
>But I've heard you have a very high emotional intelligence because your parents don't work in the afternoon and share a lot of time with you. Is this right?
>Finns
>emotions
Memes aside, that is more likely due the fact that even the shittier jobs have okay pay in Finland, so even poorer parents can have some spare time to spend with family than anything else. Some do, some don't.
>Also, they say you don't have homework, nor exams, nor true academic teching until primary 4th grade. True or false?
Well, there is homework and exams, but less than in other countries I guess.
>>
I went on exchange to a Finnish uni for a bit.

It's a meme, the level of education was baby-tier. I walked in, dicked around and just shat out my essays in one sitting with minimal good references and got the second highest grade, whereas I would fail if I put that amount of effort in at a British uni.
>>
>>53519000
Which Uni did you go to?
>>
Bring your kids to study here.
>>
>>53519081
AALTO, i'm aware it's not the best in the country but for the comparison to my uni which is around the middle the work load was much less.

Finns where telling me how their degrees where pointless and just a stepping stone to get to a masters.
>>
>>53519153

>Finns where telling me how their degrees where pointless and just a stepping stone to get to a masters

This is true since studying in unis is free if you manage to get it, there is almost downside with studying as long as you want. Market is filled with masters and lower education than that will only result on a lack of a job.
>>
>>53518631
lmao

my parents used to yell at me when i didn't speak anything while eating dinner with them

then i went to my room to my computer
>>
>>53519153
>Aalto
Since it's that clusterfuck, what did you study?
>>
>>53519404
Business stuff, mainly international.
>>
>>53519600
Well no wonder since international business, management and marketing are generally considered to be a fucking joke. Why anyone would major in one of those subjects is beyond me
>>
>>53519813
And because these things are considered a "joke", we suck at selling anything on the international markets...
>>
>>53520174
they're considered a joke because we put these graduates in charge of selling anything on the international markets and they suck at it
>>
>>53520174
>>53520322
Part of the course had me go to some start up business hive where some guy gave us a pitch about his business where he would give everyone storage boxes and would crowd source the warehouses from random people so the business did not have to buy them.

Now maybe it would work in a low-population place like Finland but in England we have so many warehouses with so many people going in and out shit would get stolen day one. And he thinks his business will be one of the biggest in Europe by 2020.

Why can Finns into international business?
>>
File: 1447466057615.gif (646 KB, 512x481) Image search: [Google]
1447466057615.gif
646 KB, 512x481
They teach memes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CE53xfCEE8
>>
>>53521226
how else do you think we can maintain the highest meme per capita in the world
>>
File: iceageandfamine.png (85 KB, 641x897) Image search: [Google]
iceageandfamine.png
85 KB, 641x897
>>
>>53518275

It's a meme, unis at least aren't that special. Actually people in the unis are fucking lazy and what you have to do to advance in a uni is very minimal.
>>
File: burocraticcrab.png (15 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
burocraticcrab.png
15 KB, 500x500
> burocratic crab
>>
File: Auvinen.190.jpg (30 KB, 190x288) Image search: [Google]
Auvinen.190.jpg
30 KB, 190x288
>>53521404
>>
>>53524409
8/8
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.