[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do Europeans do on Sunday's when all the shops are closed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4
File: When i so Ksi Q&A Sunday.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
When i so Ksi Q&A Sunday.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
What do Europeans do on Sunday's when all the shops are closed?
>>
They're not.
>>
>>53367161
wat de fugg
>>
>>53367161
practising the art of shitposting

also, take a relaxing walk in an abondoned city centre
>>
>>53367161
Drink, eat, go out, stay home etc.
>>
>>53367207
haram
>>
Why can't Americans spend a single day without going to shops?
>>
>>53367207
degenerate
>>
>>53367161
we go to church
>shopping on sundays
>>
>>53367161
>In America there's nothing to do besides shopping
>>
>>53367207
lel fucking apostate
>>
>>53367161
I go to the supermarket because you are wrong
>>
>>53367161
Fucking you're mom

Also:
>Being so mindlessly consumerist that if you can't buy anything you're completely lost
Top kek
>>
File: 1447508654851.jpg (84 KB, 960x915) Image search: [Google]
1447508654851.jpg
84 KB, 960x915
>>53367278
I don't know. There's a 24/7 super Wal-Mart 2km from me and I've grown accustomed to the convenience of being able to buy anything I could possibly need at any time of the day on any day.

Got some popsicles (for me) and cat food (for the cats) earlier
>>
>>53367501
You can buy basic items at gas stations here at any time of any day, but any adult person should be able to think two or three days ahead. How careless do you have to be to only notice you're running out of cat food by the time you've already run out of it?
>>
>>53367575
I didn't, you're making an assumption. My cats always have wet and dry food and they haven't "run out" in the 9 years I've had them.

I wanted popsicles and I figured I'd pick up their food. The store is open and close and I didn't have any other engagements.
>>
they are open till lunch
>>
>>53367161

Some restaurants, many coffee shops and some mini-markets are open during sundays.

People oversleep, go out for a walk or a picknick, visit friends or family, many watch sports etc.
Do you really need everything working 24/7?

Do americans do anything other than working overtime and buying things?
>>
>>53367161
>when all the shops are closed?

>tfw live in the civilised world
>tfw no religious fanatics and conservative liberals (they're a thing) in my region

I always do my weekly shopping on Sunday because it's usually nice and quiet in the supermarket.

I don't know what people do in regions where shops actually close.. Probably go to church or visit family or some outdated shit like that.
>>
>>53367743
>He lives in a region where people go to church en masse on sundays

Ermelo?
>>
>>53367743

So according to you, giving a day off for workers is

1. fanatically religious
2. conservative
3. liberal (?)

And visiting family is outdated!

You my friend reached a whole new level of stupid.
I tip my fedora to you.
>>
>>53367889
You know that they rotate workers so they still get days off right?? Its just not on a Sunday.
>>
>>53367161
Most of them aren't closed. They just open a bit later and close earlier. People do get increased pay for working on sundays.
>>
>>53367789
>>He lives in a region where people go to church en masse on sundays

No, I don't...Groene Hart, and then the non-protestant part. It's Catholic here, aka the average age of Churchgoing folks is 73.

>>53367889
>So according to you, giving a day off for workers is
>1. fanatically religious
Yes. The sunday closure stems from religious roots m8..
>2. conservative 3. liberal (?)
These two go together. The rightwing (or right of centre) liberal party (VVD) has more progressive and more conservative elements in it.. The more conservative ones want to maintain the sunday closure (which is a matter dealt with in municipal/regional politics) so that their voters (usually self-employed, (small)business owners etc) do not have to compete with the big supermarkt chains on Sundays. Because supermarkets ALWAYS open when given the chance..
>And visiting family is outdated!
That mostly referred to the church thing.. Visiting family in itself is not outdated, but _only_ visiting family on sunday because everything else is considered 'work' (or too much like work) is a bit outdated. Realise that in old-school protestant Enclaves they don't even ride bikes or play football on sunday, because it's too much like work. You WALK to church and then WALK to your family, because it's the day of the LORD and he told you to rest..
>You my friend reached a whole new level of stupid.
<3
>I tip my fedora to you.

>m-muh silly hats
Kek. Orthodox are worst Catholics.
>>
>>53367161
They are not
>>
>>53367889
>>53368077
>giving a day off for workers is

Oh, and obviously workers get days off.. We have laws that state the maximum amount of days per month people can work, the maximum amount of hours on end etc.. Also, the sunday closure is _only_ about shops. If your work is in a restaurant, you likely have to work anyway. If you're a policeman, nurse, bus driver or train conductor etc etc etc: work.. Many places do close on sundays, like factories and such, but it's only shops where it's manditory.
>>
>>53367958
And not for all members of a family on the same day. If my girldfriend has free on wednesdays and thursdays and I on saturdays and sundays we can't spend any time together.

>>53367161
Do the normal things you do in your free time.
Sports, restaurants, movies, family and friends. Consumerism really is deeply routed with you.
>>
>>53367161

Rape and grope women in public places =)
>>
>>53367161
Sunday is about you, your family, your hobbies. Or just about relaxing.
>>
>>53367743
RANDSTAD
A
N
D
S
T
A
D
>>
>>53367161
wank
>>
>>53368254
Those were Jawas, not Krauts.
>>
>>53367161
Is this an erotic movie?
>>
>>53367743
>tfw live in the civilised world
>Randstad
>Civilized
If you enjoy visiting transgender prostitutes while high, Achmed.
>conservative liberals
There is literally nothing wrong with being a conservative liberal
>visit family or some outdated shit like that.
>visit family or some outdated shit like that.
>some outdated shit like that.
WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>53367743
>yfw i live in the Biblebelt and still all shops are open.
>>
>>53368609
>If you enjoy visiting transgender prostitutes while high, Achmed.

Ben je boos dat je niet kan winkelen op zondag, jochie?

>There is literally nothing wrong with being a conservative liberal

Behalve dan dat hun ondernemingsverenigingen cartelafspraken maken over de zondagssluiting.

>WHAT THE FUCK

Kalmeer, anon.

>>53368654

Welk deel? 'Toeristisch' gebied ofzo?
>>
>>53367161

Only the alcohol shop (yes singular, fucking state monopoly) is closed on Sundays m8y.
>>
>>53368077
>Groene Hart
mijn neger
>>
>>53368077
>in old-school protestant Enclaves they don't even ride bikes or play football on sunday
I live in the middle of the bible belt, and everyone uses a bicycle here. Most people don't play football on sunday, because they plan games on Saturday.
Have you ever been here, or are you a recent immigrant?
>>
>>53368774
>niet kan winkelen op zondag, jochie?
Maar ik kan gewoon winkelen op zondag.
Waarom zou ik niet kunnen winkelen op zondag?
>>
Not go to the shops? Unlike Americans and some other nationalities (Saudis I hear) shopping isn't our main leisure activity.
>>
>government dictates when your shops can be opened
How much more cuck can you get?
>>
>>53368865
>Most people don't play football on sunday, because they plan games on Saturday.
And they plan games on saturday because they cannot play on sunday without pissing off the church elders. Stone age tier to be honest.
>Have you ever been here,
I don't know where 'here' is.. I've been in Protestant areas, yes. Not in the Bible belt iirc, thankfully.
>or are you a recent immigrant?
No.. I grew up in a Catholic community that wasn't all that Catholic anymore.

>>53368899

Waarom ben je dan zo boos, anon?
>>
>>53369034
Ik ben niet boos, ik vraag me alleen af waarom jij je superieur voelt over de protestantse gemeenschap? Ik ben niet eens religieus, maar je hoedkanteling is nogal ludiek.
>>
>>53367161
Shops in Zürich under the main station are open on Sunday. Means, you can get anything you like on Sundays, too. (With the 300% price).
24/7 gas stations have been forbidden a few years ago. It's sad because I got used to my 4AM shopping tours.
>>
>>53369183
>waarom jij je superieur voelt over de protestantse gemeenschap?

Omdat ik dat objectief ben oetz.

>hoedkanteling

/r/Fedora

Waarom ga je niet gewoon met je vriendjes over hoedjes palen, anon?
>>
>>53369034
>Stone age tier
It's 2015 + 1!
>>
File: Europe_belief_in_god.svg.png (190 KB, 983x900) Image search: [Google]
Europe_belief_in_god.svg.png
190 KB, 983x900
>>53367321
>We go to Church
You must be blind or some shit
>>
>>53369326

>M-mijn ouders zijn geen dinosaurussen

Kek
>>
>>53367278
because they're good goyim.
>>
>>53369577
M-maar mijn ouders zijn ook niet religieus...
>Invierdat grootouders
Dood.
>>
>>53369718

>Zijn omas leven niet meer

Dat verklaart iig je woede..
>>
>>53367161
No shops around here are closed today.
>>
File: 1339651486852921.jpg (24 KB, 244x209) Image search: [Google]
1339651486852921.jpg
24 KB, 244x209
>>53367161
>Europe is one country
>>
most shops are closed here today, usually you either go for a hike or something like that or you have lunch at home with the family, and then do something at home (if I go to my parents house it's usually helping out dad in the garden and then playing cards).
>>
>>53367161
In Norway we go out walking, running, cycling, skiing. So we don't end up like a fat yank.
>>
>>53367889
You know that conservatives and liberals are more often than not both, right?
>>
>>53367161
Ficki, ficki, what else?
>>
>>53367889
> So according to you, giving a day off for workers is
> Let's give everyone a day off at the same time so that the country stands still every 7th day, how could that possibly affect the economy!

Greek economic planing in action right here.
>>
i usually just lay in bed hangover.
>>
>>53380421
>trying to justify literal wagecuckery

lmao you know no boundaries Sweden
>>
>>53370431

this

we just have lunch with family and that takes the entire afternoon
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.