[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the most annoying language to listen to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: hello.jpg (47 KB, 400x380) Image search: [Google]
hello.jpg
47 KB, 400x380
What's the most annoying language to listen to?
>>
Arabic
>>
>>53338359
American english
>>
French
It's so disgusting
>>
Chinese.
>>
>>53338359
Toki Pona
>>
The boring answer is "it depends".
The true answer is that it depends on what languages your ears have gotten used to.
>>
>>53339283
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0fnJH8BpNqA
>>
Mongolian
>>
>>53338359

Arabic, Turkish
>>
Welsh sounds horrible t b h
It's like talking gibberish with a hot potato in the mouth
>>
>>53341082
>implying
>>
>>53338359
Dutch
I can't listen to it without my brain thinking; "it's English, no wait it's Norwegian, no wait...what the fuc...OH, Dutch, shit."

And it's disgusting in the same way that Danish is, just on a whole new level.
>>
>>53338359
latin american spanish
it isn't annoying itself but they speak so fucking fast it annoys me
>>
>>53338359
Arabic
Danish
Dutch
>>
>>53338359
TAGALOG. ugh.
>>
>>53346250
Why the hate, brother? Remeber ye olde days back before the Napoleonic wars? It wasn't allways like this.
Besides we basically speak the same language and most foreigners can't tells us apart except for the obscene amount of english loanwords used in modern Danish.
>>
>>53347235
No, we don't "basically speak the same language", we write the same language, though.

Even though the words and the sentence structure is very similar in Danish and Norwegian, the pronounciation is so vastly different, that calling them "basically the same" is like an insult.

There's a reason Danish children are amongst the slowest in the world at learning to speak. It's not because they're stupid, it's because your language is.
>>
>>53347425
> vastly different
I need a source for your claim before I pass judgement, but Norwegian is not "vastly different" from Danish and you know that you silly goose
>>
Arabic
Hebrew
Hindi and other Indo-Aryan languages
>>
>>53347902
The pronounciation is. Obviously the languages are closely related, but absolutely not the same, and I say again, especially when it comes to pronounciation. I literally cannot understand anything when some Danes speak. Certain dialects are less choked up, and I can understand some.

Reding it is easy as shit, though.
>>
>>53338414
>>
>>53348315
>>
>>53338359
American english
>>
in one sense dutch, only because it sounds enough like english spoken with a strong accent that every time I hear it I involuntarily try to follow it only to realise it's another langauge after a few seconds
but mostly chinese. I find tonal languages grate a little bit
>>
Esperanto
>>
Spanish. Whenever Mexicans speak its like HOLA OOO LISTEN TO ME SPEAK SPANISH AND FUCK YOU IF U DON'T UNDERSTAND ESE AYAYAYAYAYAAYAYAYAYaA
>>
>>53338414
this
>>
>>53338359
Chilean """"""Spanish""""""
>>
>>53338359
swiss "german"
>>
>>53338414

some of them sure
jus want southern belle tho
>>
>all these weak answers in the threas

It's Chechen, by far
>>
>>53338499
fucking this or Mexican Spanish
>>
>>53346250
>>53347235
>>53347425
>>53347902
>>53349129
So I guess it's along the same line between British-English and American-English then? Except for the metre-meter thing, although i cannot understand "metre", but that's due to bias.
>>
>>53353313
EspaƱol Latino
>>
>>53346361
>>53352048
>>53353313
This, i'm glad my spanish-teacher back in school was from Spain. At least you folks speak it at a normal-ish speed.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.