[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How strictly are speed limits enforced in your cuntry? In murica
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
How strictly are speed limits enforced in your cuntry? In murica it's pretty common to do at least 5 above the speed limit. I remember a bong saying that he stuck to the speed limit while visiting America and he got laughed at by American anons, so I'm curious how much other countries' law enforcement crack down
>>
>>53336750
It's 70 here, I usually drive between 80-100 in my econobox.
>>
File: ei kiinnosta.jpg (93 KB, 960x821) Image search: [Google]
ei kiinnosta.jpg
93 KB, 960x821
Depends.

Sometimes you get a ticket, sometimes you don't.

t. I've driven past a cop car going 20 over and no shits were given
>>
Here it's 70 ameridistances per hour on the interstate. But I usually go about 80.
In town, it's 45, but people go 50 by themselves and 55 if everyone else is collectively speeding.
>>
>at least 5 above the speed limit

get a load of this badass
>>
5 mph is a little over 8 km/hr
>>
50km/h is the legal limit in cities, but everyone drives at 100km/h or over here
>>
Saving the thread
>>
>>53336750
>In murica it's pretty common to do at least 5 above the speed limit.
loooool

I drive 70 miles round trip to work, its 55/60 I do 85-90 the entire time.
I still get passed

when im conserving gas, and go 5 over the posted speed limit I get passed up by 95% of all traffic.

everyone is going at least 15-20 over the posted limit at all times
>>
>his limits are enforced
kek
>>
>>53336750
They don't have to enforce them because everyone obeys the law.
>>
>>53336750
Quite strictly when they are enforced, but it's very rare to see police on the roads. I've only seen two speed checks since getting my licence five years ago.

I usually go about 5 km/h over the limit if the limit is 70 km/h or below, otherwise I go 10 km/h faster, though not always.

Speed limits here are quite sensible for the most part, so there's little to no need for speeding unless you're in a hurry.
>>
>>53341993
>Going faster than the speed limit

Barbarians
>>
>>53336750
>>53341993
We also have quite a few speed cameras along roads where people tend to not keep the speed, but in accordance with Swedish openness they're always signed beforehand. :-)
>>
Westerner here. In the cities, there are speed traps everywhere. Elsewhere, you'll get pulled over only if you're doing something stupid like 150+
>>
File: morfiini.jpg (29 KB, 503x250) Image search: [Google]
morfiini.jpg
29 KB, 503x250
On motorways there's no speed cameras (not sure but i haven't seen those on motorway 3) so I sometimes like to drive little faster than speed limits.
>>
I sometimes go 60 on 45mph roads. Everyone here speeds, everyone
>>
File: Jaa.jpg (6 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Jaa.jpg
6 KB, 480x360
>>53342068

>drive past a camera
>*FLASH*
>get mail from da po po a week or two later
>"your vehicle was spotted exceeding the speed limit on street X"
>"speed limit: 40 km/h"
>"measured speed: 41 km/h"
>"due to the minor offense there won't be any consiquences"

Yeah, great. I don't see the point of this letter tho.
>>
>tfw no speed limit on autobahns
>>
>>53336750
Of course one could hardly see the point of speed limits if you have to drive in a straight line in the middle of nothing for 2000 km to get to the next state and the lane is wide as fuck.
You don't have that in Yurop.
>>
The limit is 120 on freeways (don't know how much that is in 18th century units), but basically no one follows it. Most go ~140, many even more.
>>
>>53342463
The threshold for speed cameras is 3-5 km/h, and they aren't always on. By accident I once drove past one at 10 km/h+ the speed limit but never got a letter from the police, so I guess I was lucky.
>>
In the states it depends on the region. The further west or south you go, the closer people drive to the speed limit (until you hit a city). Police coverage is also extremely limited. You'd have to be really dumb or have shit luck to ever get pulled over.
>>
File: norwegian patrol.jpg (38 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
norwegian patrol.jpg
38 KB, 500x400
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.