[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the thing with having grass between the roads and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: 1452192533355.png (972 KB, 1255x618) Image search: [Google]
1452192533355.png
972 KB, 1255x618
What's the thing with having grass between the roads and sidewalks in Murica? Who owns that area? Are you letting people walk on your garden?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
> walk
>>
>2016
>not having grass and trees everywhere you can
>>
Its called a "curb lawn" or a "road verge":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_verge

Has many many purposes. Its owned by the city typically though I always help to maintain mine. People don't walk on it, it protects pedestrians though (among other things),
>>
It looks nice, I like it.
>>
>>53239972
They are actually owned by the city at least where I live. I can't cut down the damn tree that keeps dropping branches onto my front yard, because it is city property.
>>
>>53240382
>>53240410
Fucking communists
>>
City owns the neutral lawn space and takes care of it

Well maintained lawn was a symbol of status and nobility in England and once people came to the States it was all the rage with all of the lebensraum available
>>
>>53240382
Are Americans that bad at driving? The Asian driver meme is real or something?
>>
File: 3-i-en_deltsti2.jpg (118 KB, 800x250) Image search: [Google]
3-i-en_deltsti2.jpg
118 KB, 800x250
Meh, we got something similar depending on where you live.
The amount of grass and how its designed etc. all varies.
Like on left side of pic.
>>
File: 4447089-.jpg (101 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
4447089-.jpg
101 KB, 800x533
>>53241718
found a better pic
>>
>>53240410
water it with roundup
>>
>>53240382
>Its owned by the city

Not by me, here you need to mow the grass, and shovel the sidewalks in winter.
>>
>>53241807
det kigger så komfy. jeg kan godt lide den stor buske.
>>
Green strips make sense when you put plenty of bushes and trees on them to shield the residents from the noise and stink of the traffic, but when it's just lawn it's pretty fucking useless.
>>
>>53241807
A title "Fake plastic trees" comes to mind.
>>
>>53242345
Are we supposed to feel sorry that your country isn't orderly enough for trees to grow straight?
>>
>>53242507
For yourselves, yes.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.