[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best UK cities to live in? I need to decide where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: london.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
london.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
What are the best UK cities to live in?

I need to decide where to look for work.
>>
>>53104872
Newcastle
>>
>>53104872
Glasgow
>>
>>53104872
Rotherham x
>>
Bump for you.

btw why is english infrastructure like roads and sidewalks so OCD friendly down to the last detail, everything looks sophisticated. do brits notice this?
>>
>>53104872
Glasgow tbqh
>>
>>53105048
>roads and sidewalks
>sidewalks
Pavements*

>do brits notice this?
I think I know what you're talking about, having visited other countries myself. Britain has very strict planning laws and regulations for building anything. Anything at all. Even minor details have to conform to rigorous guidelines. I have experience with the construction industry, the autism is real - but beneficial in the end
>>
>>53104872
Shithole go back to Poland
>>
>>53104872
Edinburgh
>>
>>53104948
Why?
>>53104973
Why?
>>53105023
Why lad?
>>53105199
Why?
>>53105421
I'm British mate, I had a job in London and am considering going back there but it is so fucking expensive and dirty and sometimes a bit shit
>>
>>53104872
Best in what regards? I only know tech related work.

If it's money then the London/south east or if your a Hipster type who likes trendy startups then Brighton.

Outside of the SE you are looking at Birmingham (if you don't mind Pakistani Muslims) or Manchester, there's also the Leeds/York Financial bubble where the pay isn't dogshit, I work in Harrogate which falls into this area but plan on contracting in London once I have the experience.
>>
>>53106655

Should add I would only work in London if the moneys right, I see idiots working there for 25k she. You and get Junior/graduate roles Outside if London for a similar amount and get the benefit of not having your lungs raped by pollution and your wallet molested by living costs.
>>
>>53106853
25k is worth a lot more outside London.
I live in what I'd call the South East and I make less than that and I've already been able to afford a house. If I had that pay in London I'd have no chance of that cos my wages'd be eaten up by high rent and rail fares.
>>
London is based 2bh
>>
Cotswolds
>>
>>53104872

Belfast
>>
>>53104872
Glasgow by far
>>
File: Edinburgh.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
Edinburgh.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1365
>>53104872
tbqh after I finish my bachelor's in IT I'm going to try and get a job at Rockstar North and live in Edinburgh
>>
Liverpool's alr... right desu
>>
File: HW0150_365302219.jpg (69 KB, 780x618) Image search: [Google]
HW0150_365302219.jpg
69 KB, 780x618
>>53104948
correct
>>
south england is the only good place really

places like bournemouth and brighton
>>
Obviously Bristol.
>>
>>53112675
Bournemouth is just a beach with houses mate. Nothing to do there when it's not summer and sunny.
>>
>>53112727
Well I'm just listing off names

theres Portsmouth, Torquay, Plymouth...

I don't like southampton though.
>>
>>53111192
>britain
>IT job
you shouldnt have any problem with rahjeet.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.