[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the middle east didnt undergo Arabisation/Islamisation, would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11
File: images.jpg (18 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18 KB, 511x288
>>
>>53080616
This is depressing
>>
File: images.jpg (21 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
21 KB, 512x288
>>
>>53080826
?
>>
no...
>>
File: images.jpg (30 KB, 469x313) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
30 KB, 469x313
>>
>>53080616

>no ragheads to burn alexandria
>Egypt stays Christian, Saudi stays praying to Moon God, Iran stays with Zooraster

That pedo, clit-slicing religion has seriously screwed up MENA.
>>
>>53081333
I had a pic of some Isis dude destroying ancient artifacts, i forgot to link the pic
>>
They can thank communism for that
>>
File: images.jpg (20 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
20 KB, 470x313
>>53080826
>>
I doubt it.
>>
Arabs in Europe are still an underachieve minority and most of them don't care about religion anymore.

Persians on the other hand seem to overachievers in non-muslim countries. Same with Christian Lebos and Syrians.
>>
File: images.jpg (24 KB, 313x470) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
24 KB, 313x470
I swear to,god those brits need to take all the monuments in the levant to keep safe before these ragheads destory them all. The civilised world has to step to protect the past.
>>
>>53081568
So levantines are the master sand nigger race?
>>
>>53080616
Eastern Europe tier
>>
>>53080616

No, not cold or seasonal enough to warrant the AIDS factories that paradoxically propelled western civilization to being the most advanced.
>>
>>53081694
kek...If you wanna make a social darwinist argument, Its 10 time more challengiing living in a dessert with no fauna or fresh water supply than livkng in a mountaneous cold region full of wildlife and fresh water.
>>
>>53080616

No, because Mongols, New World, and imperialism.
>>
>>53081843

The gist isn't that europe is better or worse to live in, but I think it lends itself to creating disease centers which turned out to be a good thing. I believe that might be the reason as to why the middle east lead the field until the middle ages and then went nowhere, never really going past tribalism and forming states.

but I have no deep understanding of history, and I'm not claiming any credentials here.
>>
It has to do vacuum of power

When the byzantine and the persian empires were weakened the arabs expended and covered most of the peninsula this gave the ethno-religion's jump to cover the area quickly which brought on the golden age

but the sucession dispute was never fully resolved so the states fragmented forever compare this with the different catholic councils there is a big difference in the willingness to at least try to work together. the conflict between the different sects of islam far triumph any conflict between the Christian sects, other than the heresies and the heresies brought more or less people into dogma rather than separate them even more

the rise of europe makes it so that religions conflicts can be separated from political conflicts

the 30 years war devastated europe, just imagine it happening all the time in the ME, hence the inability to develop
>>
>>53082058
lel..The middle east had multi ethnic empires before much of Europe. Read about the assyrians, Mesopotamia, Persia, Sumerians. An ient egyptians, Pheonicians etc.
>>
File: IQ.jpg (292 KB, 1120x570) Image search: [Google]
IQ.jpg
292 KB, 1120x570
no
>>
File: 1382534409763.png (66 KB, 276x245) Image search: [Google]
1382534409763.png
66 KB, 276x245
>>53081843
>a social darwinist argument,
>>53081924
>imperialism.

>anglos into social science
I thought you people just crunched numbers
>>
They had tribalism with strange demon gods before Islam, I doubt it was much better. Islam didn't inhibit cultural growth back then just like Chrstianity didn't stop it in the West. The recent degeneration of Islam into fundamentalism is basically their impotent answer to Western hegemony. The West had its Renaissance, but what kind of independent development is left to non Westerners in this age of utter Western dominance?
>>
>>53080616
If they didn't get btfo'd by the mongols, maybe.
>>
No. It's fucked by being open to any violent nomadic dindus from asian steppes.
>>
>>53082416
It was a reference to John Green
>>
>>53081578
This
>>
>>53082441
>The recent degeneration of Islam into fundamentalism is basically their impotent answer to Western hegemony.

The west funded bin laden in afghanistan to fight the soviets, for example. Guerrilla islam is a western creation and serves the agenda (the need for enemies) of the west much more than having secular arab countries like Lybia, Syria, or Afghanistan back in the 60s, 70s. For the west, an islamic fundamentalist is always preferable to something even minimally resembling a commie.
>>
>>53082797
>funded bin laden
no, the taliban, not al qaeda

pls
>>
File: suchashame.jpg (139 KB, 950x673) Image search: [Google]
suchashame.jpg
139 KB, 950x673
There wasn't a problem with Islam for hundreds of years. The Arabian empire ushered a new age of science, maths, etc, and pre 70s Afghanistan and Iran were actually nice places to live in. Islam was actually harmless up until this point.
However, since countries in the Middle East crumbed one by one, it allowed the growth of extremist groups looking for an excuse to kill. This rapidly created a culture of retardation, which has infected the minds of the impressionable orphans that would later become combatants.
Pic related: Afghanistan in 1967
>>
>>53082394
I don't understand this, how can most of the planet have an IQ below 100?

Isn't the average IQ of a group 100 by definition?
>>
>>53082797
>these tinfoil hat tier conspiracy theories

America didn't fund the Taliban just for the lolz, it was part of their wider strategy of fighting proxy wars with the Soviets all over the world.
>>
>>53082985
the test is flawed obviously
>>
>>53082877
Afghan Mujahideen, not Taliban nor the Arab Mujahideen
>>
>>53080616
No because we are brown. You need to be at least Italian/Spanish kind of white to develop decent IQ and civilization.
>>
>>53082982
I think it has to do with the collapse of the ottoman empire and the subsequent power vacuum that no one in the Islamic world has been able to,fill.
>>
>>53083085
the mujahidees became the taliban

al qaeda was always there and the us didn't deal with them
>>
>>53082982
Enough of this meme
>>
>>53083145
Fuck off
>>
>>53082316
>America actually making a well educated point
I'm proud, +1 point to you
>>
>>53083130
>Who is Ahmad Shah Massouh>>53083145
>>
>>53082797
America are always the first when it comes to making decisions that turn out bad in the long run. But in general I believe the modern extremist forms of Islam like Wahhabism, Salafism etc have become popular as a response to Western hegemony. There's a reason why many Western-raised Muslims like the IS so much.
>>
>>53080616
I doubt they'd be Europe tier but they'd probably be one of the countries trying to be Europe tier, assuming political corruption didn't slow things down another way. There would be more human rights and less destroying history though.
>>
>>53083130

>the mujahideen became the taliban

This statement is somewhere between an oversimplification and an outright lie, closer to the latter.
>>
>>53081578
The ones in the Mosul museum were all actually copies of the originals thanks to based Saddam. The originals are in some vault somewhere.
>>
>>53083432

Of course the Zionist fake Arab apologist will find a way to spread disinfo
>>
Zionism mentioned. Thread over.
>>
>>53083621

>zionist

Top kek

>apologist

For what actually? I'd be interested to know.
>>
>>53082982

No you faggot, the issue started with the end of WWI. Popular nationalist movements in the Middle East were betrayed by the West, and the liberal democracies set up by Western powers were viewed as "collaborators" with the imperial powers. Gamal Abdul-Nasser offered an alternative with Pan-Arab Nationalism, but with his failures (and the failures of all secular movements to deal with perceived imperialism and colonialism, ie. Israel), people turned to radical Islam as the only pillar left by which to define themselves and their culture.

tl;dr, west bred anti-western sentiment with WWI and Israel, and nationalism failed, so the arabs turned to the only thing left.
>>
>>53083514
I read some of the other ones they destroyed were also fakes, and the Brits had the originals or something. Kind of happy people know some idiots can't be trusted in preserving their own history.
>>
>>53080616
Great going, the AIDF and MIDF had finally died down a bit.
>>
>>53082441
>They had tribalism with strange demon gods before Islam
Only in Arabia.
The rest of the ME was mosty either Christian or Zoroastrian before Islam.
>>
>>53083744
You cant trust muslims witn those artifacts, Im sure colonialists knew that. Many Muslims think those artifacts is somehow evil because they depict real people or idols which isnt allowed in Islam. Im glad the brits colonised that place before caliphates burned them all to the ground.
>>
>>53080616
A better question would be how much influence mongol invasions had on arab and slav culture/mentality.
>>
>>53080616
The answer is Spain. We share their blood but not their culture.
>>
>>53083353
Yes, of course, at the level of individuals and their subjectivity, the cultural, economic, military, etc., advance of the west over the middle east is perceived as an affront to islamic culture, and with good reason desu.

Regarding these emigrated youths that go join ISIS because they cannot participate in the good things of liberal capitalism, we should blame capitalism's inherent structural economic problems (cannot guarantee employment) and the fact that it needs to manufacture an stereotype based on certain (in this case, arab, islamic) cultural identity to project as an enemy, to create acceptance towards the imperialist foreign policy in the population.

In these conditions its obvious that these arab kids will be tempted in search for their identity and resist against the western attacks by means of over-identifying themselves with Islam. I agree with this, but at the level of politics and states it is all about securing markets, resources, economic stability, margins of profit, etc. and I don't claim it's a conspiracy like Italianbro accuses me, it's in plain sight, you can deduce the political situation in the middle east by means of observing the fluctuations of the american stock exchange.
>>
>>53084214

The answer is that the impact of the Mongol invasions is vastly overstated because of some meme videos and meme podcasts (I don't have to name them).
>>
>>53083432
As far as I know the mujahideen and possible others had started raiding the countryside since there weren't any soviets to fight anymore, and supposedly Omar formed Taliban to take revenge on the raiders and then it got out of hand real bad. Maybe some taliban fighters were ex-mujahideen, who knows.
>>
>>53083686
Yes, I know, with the allies carving up the Middle East like a roast chicken. However, there were still Middle Eastern powers which actively went against extremism for a long time, like Afghanistan, Iran and the newly founded Republic of Turkey
tl;dr: you disagreed with me while agreeing with me at the same time, faggot
>>
>>53084684
That's pretty damning for islamic middle eastern culture.
>>
>>53083744
Few ISIS fighters are Syrian. Its probably a lot like Afghanistan where 60% of the fighters are Pakistani.
>>
>>53084684
fucking this
>>
>>53084751

Islamic culture has been damned for a millennium. Mongols had little to do with it in the grand scheme of things.
>>
File: ImJohnGreen.png (3 MB, 2800x1622) Image search: [Google]
ImJohnGreen.png
3 MB, 2800x1622
>>53084684
Hi there!
>>
>>53085121
that's right, you guessed it, the mongols xD
>>
>>53080616
Yes

Even Turks were amazed by their iconoclastic skills, they preserved many monuments related to early Islamic civilisation. Saudi Arabia had it all demolished
>>
>>53080616
Somebody probably posted it already, but in antiquity East and africa were the developed parts while europe (save for Italy, balkans and Baetica and Galia cisalpina) was shithole
>>
>>53089856
I forgot about Narbonensis (mostly thanks to greek colonies) and that eastern africa was undeveloped

Still, east was wealthy one
Europe (especially germanic one) was third world shithole
>>
>>53089932
>>53089856
map
>>53083113
>>53082982
>since the countries crumbled
Iran was good and not radical country, until perfidious albion appeared, first stealing their oil, then invading them together with commies.
>>
>>53089725
that map is shit
>>
>>53081640
And if not for the ottomans eastern europe would be at least Spain tier
>>
>>53091338
I agree with that.
>>
>>53091338
>eastern europe

BALKANS ARE NOT FUCKING EASTERN EUROPE
most of it wasn't even part of the eastern bloc, fucking revisionists
>>
>>53084864
>Mongols had little to do with it in the grand scheme of things
keep spouting this nonsense, maybe someone here will be stupid enough to believe it
protip: pretty much every historian disagrees with you
>>
>>53082985
because flynn iq is controversial science and shouldn't be taken as fact
>>
everything went to shit during the XXth century

note that it was much better before
>>
>>53081578
>The civilised world has to step to protect the past.
Except the past is racist and we need to destroy every reminder of it so we don't hurt anybodies feelings :^)
>>
>>53080616
Not really, the spread of islam was coupled with unification of arab tribes.
In the beginning they were very mindful of formerly western arts and sciences.
Before that they were savages, wild tribes, strange how the cycle of history repeats itself.
From Babylon to beasts, and then again from the abbasids and umayyads back to beasts.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.