[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever been mistaken for a different race? >walking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 18
File: 1353828747159.jpg (18 KB, 321x380) Image search: [Google]
1353828747159.jpg
18 KB, 321x380
Have you ever been mistaken for a different race?

>walking down the street, stop at the lights, some teens are talking there
>don't really pay any attention, but then I hear "dude, look at that japanese"
>"japanese" "no it's chinese" "yo asian over there"
>realize they're talking to me
>go wtf
>get out of there as soon as possible

Just because I have pin-straight, dark hair, and I wear glasses it doesn't automatically mean I'm asian. I'm not sure whether I should be offended though. It was just remarkably weird, when people in your own country look at you like you're a foreigner.
>>
>>53079265
Some people think I have some mediteranean blood in my family tree somewhere. I look pretty standard Anglo though.
>>
>>53079265
t. Kárpát-Pekka
>>
>>53079265
>tfw slightly brown with black hair
People sometimes mistake me for spanish, but that's ok.
However most of the time they think i'm gypsy. Feels batman
>>
When i was in Hungary(Budapest)i was sitting on a bench,some tourists like mee(i think english or american,i can't remember the accent) started to compliment me and say hungarian men are handsome.I said:să-mi sugeți pula de proaste că-s român get beget and i leaved the bench
>>
>>53079265

get mistaken for georgian/moroccan all the time
>>
In Japan someone thought that I was american. I felt disgusted, I'm not even that fat.
>>
I don't think it counts as a different race, but when I lived in Poland everyone treated me at first as if I was Italian (muh heritage is half Italian though). One of my teachers here in Brazil thought I had some Japanese in me though, don't know why.
>>
>>53080038
>Americans are their own race.
A race of WINNERS. To the MOON
>>
>>53079265
>>"japanese" "no it's chinese" "yo asian over there"
This is why I am scared to visit europe
Just because I am a Japanese triggers them.
>>
People think I am Urukhai
>>
People have asked if I am Dutch many times, which is funny because I am actually a manlet.
>>
One finn on int stated that I look like my name is Tommi. I'm not Tommi and not even baltic/nordic looking.
>>
File: shutitdown.png (48 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
shutitdown.png
48 KB, 200x200
>>53079265
With my (sort of) big nose and slightly curly, dark brown hair... I'll let you have a guess.
>>
File: urukhai.jpg (157 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
urukhai.jpg
157 KB, 1920x1080
>>53080197
I think that surpasses already the species limit instead of just race...
>>
I was mistaken as being alien and they took me to some undisclosed facility bunker and stuffed technology in my anus.
>>
>>53079265
When I was a kid in elementary school, other kids used to say that I had oriental eyes, myself. I heard that a couple of time in high school, too. My eyes look pretty normal to me.
>>
Yep, for a russian, but only on the internet by a dub american
>>
>>53079265
mistaken for a jew once
>>
>>53079265
yeah happens all the time people call me nigger, specially on 4chan
>>
>>53079265
Magyars come from the Urals, they are Mongols who migrated.
>>
>>53079265
No, I have light-rus hair and green eyes. Foreigners often think I'm German while abroad.

>>53080323
Urukhais looked like tall Mongolians though.
>>
Yeah. I'm a spic and I got mistaken for Native American. I'm not even that dark. I think it's the long hair.
>>
>>53079265
I'm tall and blond so no
>>
File: latin1.jpg (4 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
latin1.jpg
4 KB, 200x200
They say I look Latin American. All of my countries of ancestry on 23andMe.org are from the New World.
>>
>>53079265
yeah, for a german, many times
i am not even blond
>>
>>53080100

You shouldnt have taken your ideal physique from the moon though
>>
>>53082475
Bangladeshis are pakis you mong
>>
>>53079265
I live in an international dorm
When I greet people in english because they don't come from here they often think I'm american
I'm currently considering to get a German accent in English
>>
>>53080038
>>53080100
ahahaha
>>
Chinese/japanese/korean.
Standard stuff I guess.
>>
>>53083242
RARE
But you've never been confused for a Malayan or Indonesian? Or are you ethnic Vietnamese?
>>
>>53079265
>dark blonde hair
>blue eyes
>1,88m tall
>fair skin
>Portuguese ancestry
I'm taken for either American or German all the time.
>>
People thought I was greek,italian,jewish or iranian but I'm a turk .
>>
Someone once said I look like a Pole and it wasn't meant to be a compliment.
>>
a customer at the store i work at was convinced i was brazilian. none of muh hurritage comes from southern yuro countries, nor do i have any distant black or native blood.

even stranger, he wasn't brazilian himself; he repeatedly mentioned he was french.

frogs why are you so weird.
>>
>>53083406
>and it wasn't meant to be a compliment.
How the fuck could that be a compliment?
>>
>>53083306
Well I could blend in well with malaysian and indonesian lest I start talking.
>>
>>53083484
If you're a qt and passive twink on a homo relationship, it can be taken as a compliment, mein Freund
>>
>>53083372
You're everything but Dutch
>>
People have mistaken me for being a East Slavic Jew.
Israeli citizenship when?
>>
File: Fuck off.jpg (60 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Fuck off.jpg
60 KB, 700x700
I get mistaken for a fucking frog all the time.

YOU WANT LE BAGUETTE NON?
>>
People have mistaken me for non-Dutch just because I wasn't born here and have different cultural values and norms.

Silly people.
>>
Get mistaken for Dutch, German.
Feels good being white
>>
>>53079265
some people tell me I look kinda chinky and supposedly I'm 1/256 tatar, but I can't see it

especially since I'm strong, wavy brown hair + blue eyes alpinic masterrace :^)
>>
File: 1451825256177.jpg (102 KB, 746x500) Image search: [Google]
1451825256177.jpg
102 KB, 746x500
>>53085719
>>
A lot of people ask me if I am French becsuse of my international French when talking with customers. Mostly happened in more rural areas or very unicultural cities though.
>>
Literally no one ever guesses what I am and I've been confused for every European accept the ones that look Jewish. Such is being a blonde haired blue eyed Jew with a small nose.
>>
I've been mistaken for Prince Harry which is bad English enough
>>
Just because i shave my head and have a pretty big beard without the moustache most people think i'm arab
>>
People usually think I'm Scandinavian unless I say it.
>>
File: tojo.jpg (863 KB, 2265x3000) Image search: [Google]
tojo.jpg
863 KB, 2265x3000
>>53079265
people often think I'm part Asian because I have puffy cheeks and eye lids that cause my eyes to squint when I smile and remove the eye fold on the eyelid.
I have really light skin so I have no idea why they think this.
>>
>>53080807
Pekka that was just a gaybar in stockholm. You were too drubk when you left the boozeferry
>>
My friend went to Sweden to be with his gf. He couldn't get a job there because everyone thought he was a sand nigger. He has Italian heritage and was really tan from working outside alot, no mudslime blood.
>>
File: 9AOc6K4.gif (1 MB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
9AOc6K4.gif
1 MB, 460x345
>Walking around Germany
>German starts speaking German to me
>I don't speak a word of German
>mfw
>>
>>53087315
italians are greeko-arabs,so plenty of moslem blood
>>
>>53079265
I knew an arab who was convinced I am Jewish. Something about my nose. I still feel bad about this.
>>
>>53079265
Very rarely they think I'm Polish, which is because I'm 1/4th Polish but I don't really look that Polish.
>>
>>53079265
I look German as fuck, can't help it
>>
A jew in the US and an italian in Germany.
>>
A middle-aged Chinese woman I worked with once told me I looked like her son. I asked her if he was white and she said he was Australian. Not really sure if that counts.
>>
yes people asked me if i was iranian after i moved from up north to down south, im italian ancestry
>>
In England i was mistaken for hong konger.
many people said ''ni-hao'' to me. it was fine because they are different race but i was shocked when korean boy spoke to me in korean. Yup I'm ugly jap
>>
People always assume that I'm not completely German but they can never tell the other nationality.

And I have an uncle from Brazil that gets mistaken for a German due to being tall and having a super pale complexion
>>
>>53079265
>yo asian over there
Asian is so rare in Hugary?
>>
>>53080038
We think all white and black people in japan are AmeriKan
>>
>>53080172
but hungary is developing country
>>
>>53079265
Yes, a guy said I was a human kek

t. Alien Barbosa
>>
>>53079265
South Asia people asked me if I was Australian
I don't get why they'd say that tho ? I don't even look like the criminal type
>>
>196 cm
>Pin straight black hair
>Pale as fuck
>Blue eyes

Still not norwegian enough
>>
I'm mistaken for albanian before.

Now I wash my hair everyday
>>
>>53082680
Speak for yourself. I love a cheesy woman.
>>
Was walking down a street of restaurants for tourists in Lisbon and they kept showing us German menus instead of English ones.
>>
I'm a pretty dark Bangladeshi and have been mistaken as a Indian or Paki befre, but what surprised me was when an American girl thought I looked like an "Egyptian man". She was American or Canadian, but holy fuck I was surprised by what a stupid bitch she was.
>>
>>53079265
A lot of people think that I'm asian because I have ptosis.
>>
Serbs have walked up to me and tried to ask me something in their language.

They got surprised when I had no idea what they said
>>
>>53079265
Tell those little shits that you are true pure blood Magyar and they're Slav rape-babies. You descend from a long line of Magyar kings which ruled this country, as is evidenced by your Asiatic features, and they are simply Moravian and Slovene peasants whom the glorious kings of Ungarn ruled over.

Magyars come from Chingiis Khan, modern "Hungarians" are Caucasian imposter serfs and their own rightful place is under the Hunnic yoke.
>>
File: mongol genes.jpg (1 MB, 1580x3044) Image search: [Google]
mongol genes.jpg
1 MB, 1580x3044
way too many europeans look like asians
>>
>>53088912
if you came here people would probably go "ching chong haha chinese XD"
>>
Not me but a lot of people think my brother is half-Asian or something
>>
File: jarawa30_screen.jpg (69 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
jarawa30_screen.jpg
69 KB, 960x720
>>53079265
I'm black, so it's impossible for me to be mistaken for another race.

Or so I thought, until some Indian called me a giant Jarawa because I'm tall.
>>
File: knez montenegro.jpg (28 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
knez montenegro.jpg
28 KB, 450x300
>>53096624
Add Montenegro to that list
>>
>>53080038
Are you fat?
>>
>>53079265
I've been mistaken for a different nationality, such as north american (thanks based american tourist outfit), australian, brazilian and german. All of this while being outside Italy though
>>
I get mistaken as Jewish all the time. It's very flattering, but upsetting, as I'm reminded that God did not choose me.
>>
As a shtiskin I have been confused about where I was from, but man is it a wild range. I've been called, brace for it:
Indian, Pakistani, Persian, Arabic, Israeli Jew (yes specifically Israeli Jew), Greek, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Mexican, Armenian, Egyptian, Balkan (no where particular, just Balkan), and even Kazakh.

Like what the fuck
>>
File: 1024px-Namibian_Bushmen_Girls.jpg (159 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Namibian_Bushmen_Girls.jpg
159 KB, 1024x768
I'm sure these guys are confused for "Black" or "Asian" all the time once they leave Southern Africa.
>>
People always think I'm Russian or Slav
>>
File: image.png (969 KB, 889x1423) Image search: [Google]
image.png
969 KB, 889x1423
/int/ thinks I am finnish
never been mistaken for something else in real life though
>>
>>53098116
If you're from the Midwest, you're a Scandinavian.
>>
I was blond up until age 16, I'm 24 and my hair is now dark brown.

I live in SoCal so people just assume I'm part Mexican.
>>
>>53098200
>you're a Scandinavian.
Stop triggering those who actually have culture.
>>
I've been mistaken for being German because of my autistic accent

I shall infiltrate Germany and promote the destruction of the Aryan races from within, wish me luck my anglo brothers
>>
>>53079265
nope, im 50% irish 50% italian and im pretty average here
>>
>>53098308
yet you probably have black hair, shit brown eyes, and shit brown skin
>m-muh europeeayan heritage
>>
>>53098380
actually i have green eyes am im ginger, but i dont give a fuck about my heritage in general, i like black girls just
>>
People have told me I sound British before.

I'd say the media I consume is 30% British, 30% American, 20% Canadian, 20% International, and for the average Canadian it's more like 70% American, 30% Canadian.
>>
>>53098380
people here dont care if you are 100% european 100% african 100% asian, blonde ginger black eyed green eyed blue eyed
we just lives our lifes, don't be such a stick in the mud
>>
>>53085995
Why the fuck would you have a beard without the moustache you stupid ape
>>
File: oh you.png (2 MB, 1175x851) Image search: [Google]
oh you.png
2 MB, 1175x851
No but on Christmas my grandmother asked "who's friend is this girl" referring to me. I am a 25-year-old man. She can't really hear or see anymore and is basically half dead, feels weird when your grandmother can't recognize you anymore
>>
>>53087409
That's not what this thread is about you retarded seppo
>>
>>53098776
It is though you dumb cunt. He was obviously mistaken for a german when he is american. Get fucked by a spider lizard cunt
>>
>>53097982
>Americans consider this not black
>>
>>53098870
>be an American in Germany
>get spoken to in German
Woahhh dude they spoke German to me in their country haha dude haha they totally thought I was German stupid people speaking their language haha

Just fuck off retard
>>
Moroccan

I often meet greeks that think I'm one of them.
I take it as a compliment.
>>
I'm eurasian
no
>>
>>53099086
>I'm german
>I see an american
>OH, he must speak german
>speak german to him
>WOW he doesn't speak german!
Stupid aussiecunt. If she new he was american then why would she speak to him in german
>>
>>53098116
kek looks like you walked straight out of a euroshopper
>>
>>53098942
Considering you fucks call Aborigines "black", it's hard to take you seriously. Genetically, the Khoikhoi and the San are far older than actual black people, same for Pygmies.
>>
>>53099383
>be "white" American
>go to China
>chinamen speaks chink to American because they are in chinkland
Woah dude he literally thought I was chink woah dude I am become chink hella fuckin epic bro

See how fucking retarded you are? I honestly don't know why I bother trying to bring you ameritards up to the standard of the rest of the world
>>
>>53099603
Not really. I've been to china and they at least say "hello" to start the conversation. In germany she just started talking to me in german
>>
>>53099446
>abos are white!!
>those nigs I posted are totally white as well!! They're just your average Americans!!
>>
>>53099720
Just stop your trolling you can't really be this stupid
>>
>>53098116
You would get mistaken for Russian here.
>>
>>53079265
Yes when I was in Milan they mistook me for an Italian all the time because I haven't got any accents when I speak
>>
>>53095303

All brown people look the same though
>>
>>53099743
I never said they either were white. Why do Australians love to shitpost?
>>
>>53099964
When I was a kid I couldn't differentiate Morroccans from Indians. All people from that range were Arabs to me.
>>
>>53099997
Jesus this is like talking to a rock, would it be easier if I spoke in Spanish or in Ebonics my """"white"""" American friend?
>>
>>53097968

Well what's the big difference anyway if you remove obvious cultural cues like accents or that Bollywood moustache. They're a brown person who could be from anywhere
>>
>>53100280

Wait what I meant to reply to >>53100028 but I guess whatever, I suppose it answers the Canadian as well
>>
>>53099720

How is she supposed to know though, if you look German. Besides, if you look German then you probably are German ethnically
>>
>>53100485
Don't bother mate he's an American they think the whole world revolves around them just cause they are all so obese
>>
>>53100335
Well, I can notice it better nowadays. North Africans have longer faces and hair texture closer to negroids. There is some difference between Gulf Arabs and northern Arabs. And Indians are easy to notice (but not from Pakistanis).
>>
File: khoisan child.jpg (11 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
khoisan child.jpg
11 KB, 320x320
>>53100256
Well, you're right about me not being white, but I only speak English. Probably better English than your inbred kind speaks.

Now, are you going to have actual proof that the Khoisan aren't the same race as other Africans or not?
>>
>>53080038
Same here. I speak fluent english with an american accent thanks to watching too many american shows as a kid. Even some westerners think I'm from the U.S, but mostly asians.

One of the biggest insults you can throw at a person desu, apart from calling someone Russian
>>
>>53100877
Yeah, I think there is a pretty massive genetic distance difference between the Khoi-San and West Africans. This is one of the main arguments everybody uses for why Africa is more genetically diverse than outside of Africa.

But then again you have to take into account that West Africans are by far the largest majority, so it's just a tehnicality to say they are so diverse.
>>
>>53100877
>American replies to my post
>he's not white
I should've known.
WE WUZ KHOISANS AND SHIIET
>>
File: 1448007965693.jpg (180 KB, 1599x999) Image search: [Google]
1448007965693.jpg
180 KB, 1599x999
>>53101320
>>
>>53080978
Russian isn't a race, italodumbfuck.
>>
Jew, Russian, Greek.

I'm white Canadian with British roots.
>>
>>53101320
Oh please, I'm not a Khoisan. I'm mainly of West African extraction. Call me a nigger instead.

>>53101257
Yes of course.
>>
File: 5pqav.jpg (19 KB, 255x340) Image search: [Google]
5pqav.jpg
19 KB, 255x340
>>53096624
The lack of Chino Losada is disturbing.
>>
File: Finnic_Pepe3.png (73 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
Finnic_Pepe3.png
73 KB, 412x351
When we were visiting germany and met some nice germanic girls, they told me I look italian. When we told them we are finnish, they said that we didn't look finnish and least of all me.
I don't know many times I've felt that insulted, but it really didn't feel nice.
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.