[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>fed American culture throughout media and entertainment >more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5
File: pepepepe.png (660 KB, 1106x1012) Image search: [Google]
pepepepe.png
660 KB, 1106x1012
>fed American culture throughout media and entertainment
>more American than Swedish shows on tv
>internet is completely American-dominated
>media is obsessed with American election
>can't live in America because ridiculous immigration laws unless you're a brown Mexican jumping the border

Seriously? I have to be fed a culture I can't even be a part of? I can't relate to what American high school or college life is like, nor can I vote in their election or be a part of the life. Where the fuck is our own culture?
>>
I am sorry, most of our predecessors wanted us to be isolationist
>>
>>53061198
>shows on tv

It's 2016. Why are you watching TV?
>>
>>53061198
Marry me for a green card, baby.
>>
>>53061198

>Where the fuck is our own culture?

Your politicians, both left and right, actively destroyed it. Coupled with the fact that Sweden only has seven million or so ethnic Swedes at this point which is less than the number of people working in the American media, education, and entertainment industries alone, it's not surprising the world is far more interested in American culture than Swedish culture.
>>
>>53061354
How does that even happen? Do I meet a girl on a vacation and just marry her? Did they think you can marry people without being in a relationship for years before?

Stupid george washington.
>>
>america
>culture
dont even have their own dishes
>>
>>53061198
>Where the fuck is our own culture?

I think your government lost it somewhere

Want me to help find it?
>>
>>53061415
>>53061463
Too small of a population in a globalized world.

I'm forever stuck in this overtaxed, multicultural, feminist hellhole. It doesn't matter my education is fucking great because soon EU will disappear and once again you can't move between countries.
>>
>>53061415
>>53061463

SVT (our BBC) produces a lot of stuff that springs from our culture. I don't see OP's problem, desu.

>>53061415
> it's not surprising the world is far more interested in American culture than Swedish culture.

Interestingly enough, lots, and lots, and lots of the global music hits in the past decades have been written by Swedes. You think they're American hit songs, but they're not. They're just performed by Americans.

Take this guy for instance:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Martin
>>
>>53061536
america isn't about quality m8, it's about making it look like it has quality.
>>
>>53061528

Start dating an American girl now or raise $500,000 to start a business in America and you can escape. Just start working for refugee housing and immigration services and ride the money wave on that while your country collapses and plan your escape.
>>
>>53061416
I have no idea t b h. Just do it.
>>
>>53061198
go to mexico and hop the border then you idiot
>>
>>53061536
Hey that's just American culture produced by a Swede. It's even in fucking English.

>>53061587
How can I do that when we can't even meet since I'm not allowed to be in th country and she isn't allowed to be here? At most I can study for 2 semesters there.
>>
>>53061536
>Interestingly enough, lots, and lots, and lots of the global music hits in the past decades have been written by Swedes. You think they're American hit songs, but they're not. They're just performed by Americans.

/int/ doesn't seem to get this. Corporate culture is global, you have people from every nationality running these big record labels and entertainment mega-corps.They go where the money is

The US is a big chunk of it because its low taxes and predominance of English make it a lucrative place for big entertainment companies to hang out, but now quite a few are relocating to Canada due to new incentives, also Ireland I think opened up some incentives to attract filming and such recently
>>
>>53061705

Online dating works for a lot of people, and you can go visit her.
>>
>get annexed by America
>suddenly American
really, it's not that hard.
>>
>>53061705
>Hey that's just American culture produced by a Swede.

Global culture, more like. I don't particularly like it, but that's the way it is.

And besides, we have a huge domestic music scene of our own.
>>
>>53061198
Glad it doesnt apply to here :^)
>>
>>53061830
>ABBA
yep huuuuuge music scene
>>
>>53061819
It doesn't work, LDR never works. I met a girl on omegle years ago and she fell in love with me but after a few months she lost interest and stopped talking to me.

>>53061881
I know, Britain is big enough and can carry its' own weight. I've been thinking about working in London after I'm done with my education, after all as many as 1/3 who graduates from it works exactly there.
>>
>>53061894

You have no idea what you're talking about. First of all, because you think many of these artists (that you know of) are Americans or something. Secondly, I was talking about our domestic scene, which you certainly don't know anything about.
>>
>>53061436
you have an american proxy retard of course we have our own culture
>>
>>53061944
Work in London but dont live in it, you wont be rich enough to live in the good parts.
>>
>>53062067
I'll be working in finance, even in Sweden I'd end up in the 97th percentile the day I graduate.

I'm fine.
>>
>>53061265
There's a school of thought that a ruler who doesn't want power for himself is the one who should rule the most.
>>
>>53061416
You can still come here for as long as you want if you have a passport. You just aren't allowed to get a job.
>>
>>53062130
>even in Sweden I'd end up in the 97th percentile the day I graduate.

My advice to you is this: approach your career with some humility. You haven't earned anything, until you've actually earned it.

I've witnessed this sense of degree entitlement before, and there is often a hard lesson to be learned at the end of it. By all means, go for it, though.
>>
>>53062255
Well ye but I would need to go back to my job in Europe.

>>53062281
I already did internships and practically have a job ready, in Copenhagen though.
>>
File: Slow-cooker-corn-on-the-cob.jpg (471 KB, 2144x1638) Image search: [Google]
Slow-cooker-corn-on-the-cob.jpg
471 KB, 2144x1638
>>53061436
Dumb fuck.
>>
>>53062324
Then work for a company that has offices in both countries.
>>
File: 1447995028255.jpg (374 KB, 1080x792) Image search: [Google]
1447995028255.jpg
374 KB, 1080x792
>Ask an Australian what his heritage is.
"I'm Straylian, cunt."
>Ask an American what his heritage is.
"Oh I'm 1/20th cheerokee, part German, part Scandinavian....

>mfw our fucking country is 12 YEARS OLDER THAN AUSTRALIA
>>53061436
You're retarded.
>>
>>53062471

That's because Australia remained a British colony, doofus.
>>
>>53062512
Right, they don't identify as fucking "British Australian" or any of that silly shit, do they?
>>
>>53061198
You shit on us all the time. Why would you want to come here. You and Bernie Sander-ites paint Sweden like it's heaven on Earth.
>>
>>53062555

Exactly. Because they know they're expatriated Brits. They're not a melting pot. They're just Australians.
>>
>>53062471
We were federalised in 1900 familia
>>
Den evige Svensker

For evigt hanrej
>>
>>53061198
>nor can I vote in their election
you don't pay taxes here so fuck off don't ever think you can vote
>>
>>53062651
>computer
>weekend
>teenager
>danska ord
>>
Why would you want to live here? I'd give anything to live in cunt where its easy to get welfare. Here you only get neetbux if your black and shit out a few children.
>>
>>53061198

It's cheaper to buy American shows that are 2 months old than produce your own. Sweden only has cringeworthy crime series so no wonder.

And if your degree was really worth something, and you would have proper motivation, you could live and work anywhere.

You sound like the typical Swede. Good at analyzing and complaining but bad at solving and undertaking steps.

best of luck to you.
>>
>>53062624
I was going on listed foundation date in Google, which is 1788 for you folks.
Why your foundation date is listed as when the first guy got there, while ours is listed when we actually declared ourselves an independent nation? I don't fucking know.

The point still stands, you're younger than us, yet everyone acknowledges that you have a culture AND your native Australians identify as "Australians."
We have this weird ass fucking generation over here that's beholden to no one and nothing, and can't even give a straight answer to their fucking nationality because it's not romantic enough for them.
>>
death of america when ?
>>
File: sinn-fein-ard-fheis-10-630x422.jpg (41 KB, 630x422) Image search: [Google]
sinn-fein-ard-fheis-10-630x422.jpg
41 KB, 630x422
>>53061198
>mfw Irish culture is extremely strong despite being drowned in the Anglosphere and having a large diaspora culture
>mfw I go to non-western countries and they're way more Americanised than the West
>mfw nationality is significant enough in the American psyche that I can have good discussions online on relatively equal terms
>mfw I can go abroad and demonstrate living Irish culture, and visitors can come here and experience the same

>mfw I finally know what it is to be an Alpha country

not sure how to handle this feel, we're supposed to be irrelevant.
>>
>>53062882

We have television shows where Americans of Swedish heritage come here to get to know our culture. It's a little bit cringeworthy.
>>
>>53062614
Why does us being a melting pot make "American" insufficient? It was sufficient for people, say, 40 or 50 years ago. This bullshit with where your ancestors came from wasn't that popular with born Americans until DNA testing was widespread and accessible.
>>
>>53061198
What is this with Sweden so obsessed with American culture? Is there nothing left of your own culture?
>>
>>53062817
you realize most people aspire to be more in life than a fucking leech, right?
>>
>>53062942

Because it's incoherent.
>>
>>53062882
Don't Americans celebrate St. Patrick's Day? They all act like they are Irish? Have you ever seen an American that claims to have Dutch heritage? And celebrate Dutch holidays?

No. It is always the Irish.
>>
>>53062762
alle sprog bruger låneord

den evige svensker låner sit land ud
>>
>>53062942
lies
>>
>>53063144
>den evige svensker låner sit land ud

Inte från och med idag. ;^)
>>
>>53063141

Who would want to be dutch lmao

Oh look at me I'm so boring la de da
>>
If mass immigration destroy this country I plan on emigrating, does that make me a hypocrite and a coward?

>inb4 you're swedish so you're a coward by default
>>
>>53063046
>American
>Someone born in America; his immigrant predecessors lived long enough ago for their origins to be considered ineffectual in regards to how that person lives
There is nothing incoherent about this, unless there's something incoherent about saying "I'm Swedish." Literally every country on the planet started out with people from somewhere else, and those "somewhere-elses" were not always uniform.
>>
>>53062740
it's a joke you dolt

here's a tip 4 you: he doesn't care
>>
>>53063209
That is what i mean. Americans love the Irish. I love being Dutch.
Kanker de kanker.
>>
>>53063253

Swedish is an ethnicity. American is not. Australians are essentially British by ethnicity. Americans are not. You are an incoherent mess.
>>
>>53063253
>>53063295

And in case you didn't follow through on your own, America is way too large and diverse to ever become something coherent. Unless you count being taken over by Mexicans completely.
>>
>>53063324
You are talking shit.
>>
>>53063219
inside yourself you just know the answer
>>
>>53063278
i livd in an area with a lot of dutch ancestry, only irish people get weird about ancestry for the most part
>>
>>53063295
>Australians are essentially British by ethnicity
We're talking about nationality, not ethnicity. Their ancestors came from Britain, but they are decidedly not "British Australian."
>America is way too large and diverse to ever become something coherent
I don't know what the size of it has to do with much of anything (China's pretty fucking large...is the term "Chinese" not coherent either?), and last I checked, your country was pretty goddamn "diverse" itself.
>>
>>53063523
by irish i mean """""""""""""""""""irish""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>53063523
Is that because their history in America? Its pretty much this >>53063553

I always found it fascinating. Americans who act like they are Irish.
>>
>>53063278
>>53063141
>>53062882
I'm not the same poster as this faggot>>53063209

There's nothing wrong with the dutch.

Yes, americans celebrate Paddy's day but so does a lot of countries. Once I was in fucking Bratislava and there was people celebrating St. Patrick's day
>>
>>53063533
>We're talking about nationality, not ethnicity

No, we're not, actually. You can't differentiate like that. One tends to spring from the other, in actual fact.

>China's pretty fucking large...is the term "Chinese" not coherent either?

Not really, actually. But let's not compare apples and oranges, either. America is not comparable to China.
>>
>>53063644
That's amazing. To have such dominate culture.

Never seen an American celebrating Sinterklaas.
>>
>>53063641
its complicated and i have a migrane headache so i apologize that i dont want to expand on it, but it is stupid
>>
File: irish-12.jpg (52 KB, 446x640) Image search: [Google]
irish-12.jpg
52 KB, 446x640
>>53063141
because we had alot of immigrants come here in the early 1900s.
And irish where pretty common and didn't really want to fully intigrate.
for example, We call cop cars "Paddy wagons" sometimes because most of the police forces and small time criminals where irish
>>
>>53063667
>No, we're not, actually. You can't differentiate like that. One tends to spring from the other, in actual fact.
I literally just did, at the beginning of this discussion, in fact; they both spring from the people who gave birth to you and raised to you, but nationality is definitely not determined by ethnicity. Nationality is, by definition, the quality of belonging to a nation.
>America is not comparable to China.
How do you figure?
If anything, China is a MUCH more varied country than America. If you walk from, say, Washington state to Illinois, the only change you ought to notice is fewer Asians and more Darkies. Food? Music? Lifestyle? Practically identical.

China? You could drive that distance and end up in a town where people are virtually speaking a completely different fucking language.
>>
>>53063908
Oh wow!
There is a history. I knew it.
Thanks
>>
>>53064020
Irish gangs dominated Boston for a long time. They even made movies about it. Thats why the Irish culture is so dominant in the USA.

Ze waren degene die de kut klusjes hadden.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.