[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To non-native speakers, what is the best sounding dialect of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
To non-native speakers, what is the best sounding dialect of English to your ears? Also, what would you consider to be the easiest one to learn?

Try to be specific on the region if you can, rather than just saying "British" or "American", since there's such an absurd amount of dialects in both countries.
>>
bumb
>>
General American
>>
>best sounding dialect
The one that Steven Fry speaks (Norfolk?)
>easiest
Cockney, maybe. Don't know much about AE accents, but harsh sounds, lots of "uh"-s, the vowel reduction double negation in cockney seem an easy thing to me.
>>
>>53048679
For anyone who says this the region this originates from is the Great Lakes/non-NYC New York for reference.
>>
>>53048416
british/irish are the best sounding, american sounds so trashy and rural
>>
>>53049875
Now y'all shouldnt be talkin shit Diego
>>
Irish
>>
i have the feeling like chicago accent and california accent are less different than birmingham accent and london accent for example.
am i wrong?
american seem to talk pretty uniform. i mean, of course, you have the stereotypes of southern redneck talk, jew york italian accent, etc., but to me, a normal guy from san francisco doesn't sound any different from a normal guy in boston.
on the other hand, i feel like each london borough has its own version of english
>>
>>53050388
youre like 75% right

people speak general american all over the place, youre not gonna have a stereotypically regional accent just cause you were born somewhere

boston might be the exception though cause you can hear the accent if someone's born there, it's just not exaggerated like it is in movies
>>
british accent is much better
>>
>>53048416
>Best Sounding
I think the Dublin accent is very melodious.
Yorkshire is also very pleasing to listen to .
Australian English is also very nice.
>Easiest
Recieved Pronounciation, hands down.
>>
>>53050921
>Yorkshire is also very pleasing to listen to

My nigger.
>>
I like the Irish accent but I couldn't really go into which area in particular, because even though there are differences, I'm not familiar enough to notice them. They all sound Irish to me.

Gf has a strong northern accent and I've learn to really love it. It's some kind of admixture between Lancashire and Cumbria, she sounds a lot like Joseph Gilgun. Anyway, I got curious and I have to say that now I really like most dialects north of the Midlands.

>what would you consider to be the easiest one to learn?
Luton. Just forget there's ever a t in the middle of a word.
>>
British accent for me.
By far the most ear candy but sometimes difficult to pronounce.
That's sometimes funny in shit like rap when they got this "gun doof" accent
>>
>>53048416
This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIZgw09CG9E
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.