[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone from Russia interested in talking about your country and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 35
File: 1451828805972.jpg (47 KB, 960x955) Image search: [Google]
1451828805972.jpg
47 KB, 960x955
Anyone from Russia interested in talking about your country and learning about the US from a soldier's point of view?
>>
Nothing to do anyway.
>>
>>53035197
So, what type of military forces were you in?
>>
>>53035197
US soldier?
Why did you invade the Confederate States?
Why did you invade Vietnam?
Why did you invade us and implement capitalism?
Why did you invade Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan to implement capitalism?
Why are you killing Syrans
>>
>>53035849
>>53035861
I'm technically not a soldier as that's just in the army, but I'm in the air force.
I'm doing none of those things

How is the military portrayed in Russia? Is it considered heroic? In the states, if you're a combat veteran or a shit shoveler, people think you're a hero
>>
File: nsa-10.jpg (576 KB, 3000x1500) Image search: [Google]
nsa-10.jpg
576 KB, 3000x1500
>>53035861
You're walking on thin ice mate. prepare to suffer a tragic traffic accident sometime during the next two weeks that will leave you in a coma or death. Or at least have americans derail this thread with poorly worded shitposts - it could go either way. Depends on whether the NSA is listening.

That was a joke. They're ALWAYS listening, EVERYWHERE on the internet and telephones remember that well.
>>
>>53036017
attitude is better now than it was, because the government worked hard lately
mostly though, Russians from big cities avoid conscription, serving the conscription or singing up for a contract in labs forces is a choice for poor people
>>
>>53036267
*land forces
>>
File: zerg.png (25 KB, 233x255) Image search: [Google]
zerg.png
25 KB, 233x255
>>53036017
>chair force
>>
>>53036267
>labs choices
Can you explain that?

I saw some other Russian guy talking about the army being a choice for stupid kids that can't get a free university pass. Is this true? What's a university pass?
>>
it's an attention whore thread

not even veiled
>>
>>53036351
>security forces
I wish I was flying drones and drinking mountain dew while dispensing democracy from miles in the air
>>
File: 14340399272860.png (851 KB, 651x922) Image search: [Google]
14340399272860.png
851 KB, 651x922
>>53035197
>US soldier's

why you haven't you died for israel goyim? it's good for you
>>
>>53036377
People that get accepted for uni don't have to serve conscription when they're 18

you're still eligible to serve until you're 27 so people have to find ways to avoid consription after graduating, there are different ways. Mostly only unlucky people and those that actually want to serve end up in the Army past 22
>>
>>53035686
What do you guys think about Putin?

>>53036418
>attention whore thread
Yet here you are, shitposting in a thread that you have no reason to be in
Here's your one and only (you) you're going to get from me. I don't want you to feel unvalidated
>>
File: 14517655257380.png (633 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
14517655257380.png
633 KB, 600x600
>>53036588
> about Putin
that's a good way to start a shitstorm
if we stick to the military, he's done wel for our poor people in uniform
>>
>>53036017
It's really funny situation here. First thing - military crash cource of 1 or 2 years is mandatory, so there is a kind of a sport about who evades it more easily. Some kind of Tropical Mavsisyan's Gemangeoma which can be something you don't even remember during normal life like light arythmia or broken pinky finger on left hand years ago is considered cooler than just buying fake medical conclusion, but it's still cooler than to be a dumbass who didn't even try to find something or go to work to military-related science lab or factory which frees you too. These individuals, varying from gorilla to a bamboo seed, are usually patriots to the bone in worse meaning and later when they are done they wash kids' ears with their bullshit how army builds a real man, trying to find a good job in between, because they managed to forget that little they learned in their university, while other people just go and work with fresh brains.
So, generally army is being seen here like diving into Sparta, except that you get to learn to shoot (depends on certain military unit funding), to fight with hands (depends on drunkard who will teach you, but oldfags can show you some tricks with that short shovels) and nearly half of people instead of circling and marching their ass off are able to go by drivers, radio-dudes (dunno how to call them properly in english, the tech-dudes who operate electronics like locators, radio, robots and other stuff) or just paperworkers and it's not really that bad there. During the USSR period it became normal to go to army once you're 18 so it's not considered as heroic act, it's dust, well, duh, dude went to army and back, what's so unusual? Except that today it's not so well-funded most of the time, when it goes to inventory, most of teaching is legacy adapted to modern situations.
>>
>>53035197
How many women and children have you killed, soldier?
>>
File: 1400135611159.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1400135611159.png
29 KB, 633x758
>You will never join US army and die for Israel
>>
>>53036832
How about economically and socially?
>>53036866
With Russia's less than booming economy right now, would it be a good way to make a living if you're shit out of luck? Are there veteran benefits for serving?
>>
>>53036968
I couldn't tell you exactly as they're hard to tell the difference between the two when they wear that tablecloth
>>
>>53036588
>>53037058
It depends, again. I cannot trust official statistics, but older people generally like him more, and young either don't give a fuck about politics or grumble something about prices and sanctions. Really, it's like Putin competes with NATO who will make russians suffer more imho.

And this >>53036832 guy is right in both things he said.

>>53037058
Well, if you army's contract soldier or officer, the payment is country-average, but you need to keep in mind that "we have no russian soldiers in <enter shitstorm warzone here>" and switching serving location can get a messy situation about your house in some cases. One can teach guys how to shoot an anti-tank cannons today, tomorrow he can be "promoted" to another place where he's needed, but he must drop the local shit and move to another city sometimes.
>>
>>53037285
I was talking more about when you're done with your contract. Are there any special government programs to help veterans return to normal life? In the states, we're just about given a free ride through university and have access to extremely discounted interest rates on loans for reasons like buying a house or car.
What are the social programs like over there? What do you do with the homeless and other things like that?
>>
>>53037285
Do you have any questions about the good old US of A?
>>
>>53037058
> How about economically and socially
so as to avoid shitstorm, let's just say that since the 2000 life has improved very much, people from west of Berlin probably can't even imagine how rapidly the quality of life improved between 00 and 15. many people say that's oil, i don't want to argue
>>53037058
> would it be a good way to make a living if you're shit out of luck? Are there veteran benefits for serving?
the pay and benefits are good enough to be pretty attractive to people without good education - even for a grunt. for example, serving is almost the only way a country boy with no education can end up owning an apartment. of course, if you manage to becoma a fighter pilot or some such you'll maikng a fuckton by russian standards, but that's an entirely different story.

overall, the economic troubles are there right now, but they's overrated. I don't think they're serious enough to push more men into service than before the crisis, especially because now the benefits are countered by somewhat increased risk of being sent to where people are shooting at you during your contract.
>>
>>53037499
For veterans there is something, but not for the guys from usual course. You got to actually to serve in some real shit, even as a cook, but for just one-year training it's nothing extra, you're on your own, go re-pass Universal Government Exams if you want to study somewhere (results expire in a year or so), as for employment nothing is different.

>>53037681
I am currently thinking of what I could ask I don't already know from media. You americans flooded internet with your data to the point I can tell if someone sings dixie and does the melody wrong
>>
Most embarassing thread in 2016
>>
>>53037499
no psychological programs except for a madhouse, PTSD is a first-world problem. Afghan vets are either drunkars or succesful small-medium business owners.

Russia doesn't have a specific homeless vets problem like the US, and contract soldiers receive a free apartment, whether they served in combat or not, though there's usully a long vaiting period.
>>
>>53037841
And this too, Eltzin, with all respect to his improvements, just had country like whatever, let it me a Mad Max prologue, Putin with all his corrupted friends at least brought police forces.

About only way - i wouldn't fully agree, you can get a decent education just if you study good, free university education is still widespread and in my city big companies with their office in the city offer their own crash-cources and employ you if you do good, did it myself. Then you start to work and it goes as average.

>>53037884
Иди cвoeй дopoгoй, cтaлкep
>>
>>53036428
so you check peoples ids as they enter the air port right?
former security force said that's all he did, basically manned a toll booth.
>>
>>53037855
>the media
That's a funny thing filled with pointless disinformation
What kind of special government agencies does Russia have? Is the KGB still the name for your intelligence bureau? Those kind of agencies
>>53037841
With the way things are going, do you think you'll be in a more competitive standard of living in five years? How is the crime rate and how are police viewed?

Side note, this is my first time on /int/, why are there so many shitposters fishing so desperately for an American (you)?
>>
File: 1443384685224.jpg (175 KB, 600x762) Image search: [Google]
1443384685224.jpg
175 KB, 600x762
>>53035861
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 960x539) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 960x539
>>53036428
>sitting at a static site all day harassing dependas speeding
>hardcore

Actually work the flightline putting planes in the air and then we'll talk
>>
>>53038168
No. I'm part of the "SWAT" team. I'm essentially a cop on a military base with special training if somehow there's ever a domestic sleeper cell attack or some bullshit that'll never happen happens. My CO asked if anyone wanted to go though SWAT training and my dumb ass said yes, so now I have to do extra PT and do more training for something that'll never fucking happen. I get to shoot a lot, so it's not all bad
>>
>>53038264
No, there's actually lots of real-world data if you filter marketing bullshit. Plus forums and friends who have been there, of course.

No, it's called FSB (federalnaya sluzhba bezopasnosti - federal agency of security) and it was splitted to a number of independent groups.

>>53038429
What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine? ©
>>
>>53038429
Where are you getting this from? I'm just a cop that wears a beret and tiger stripes
>>
>>53038608
Did the KGB have too much power and jurisdiction before the split up?
>>
>>53038429
>harassing speeding dependas
That motherfucker is doing God's work, senpai

>>53036428
Keep it up
>>
File: 1413396857298.jpg (342 KB, 1200x669) Image search: [Google]
1413396857298.jpg
342 KB, 1200x669
>>53038264
so it's a Russia and /int/ FAQ thread then?

People on int don't like Americans because of the shit your politicians do with other countries. Not all people are like that, but here some people are especially frank for many reason - they might be trolls, idiots or simply lack self-restraint because their anonymity. They won't behave that way on a personal meeting, but here at least you might enjoy the honest opinions, or thats what I like to think. The opinions you mear might not be representative though, since many people here are fucked in the head and it's the only place they can safely interact with others.

on to Russia

Russia has a fuckton of special agencies, you could probably find a rough equivalent to all the american ones. KGB was counter-intelligence mostly, mostly SVR deals with foreign intel, though they're not the only one

YOu can't predict what's going to happen in 5 years is what Russia teaches its people. few in 1985 would have predicted USSR breakdown, few in 1993 would have predicted another economical collapse of 1998, nobody in 2000 would have expected Russian average pay to increase just about tenfold (or close enough) by 2005. in 2010 nobody owuld have expected Russia to be sanctioned Iran-style and bombing Syria. You just can never tell

Crime rate isl overing over time, mostly. Police is okay as long as you don't try funny shit. I mean, they're not "good guys" and you might get in trouble with them for nothing, but they're just bad guy you're calling when you have to deal with something worse than them.
>>
>>53038769

>police aren't the good guys
Oh man. That's actually kind of scary. Despite what social media and black lives matter style have you believe, police in America are good guys. In my home town, the entire police station volunteers year round to make the community a better place.

How prevalent is gaming in Russia nowadays?

It just blows my mind that all of these people just see these beautiful fucking stripes and come running to give them shit because they'll never fly old faithful in their front yard
On a serious note though, I'm being respectful to who I'm replying to. Why do these people come out of the fucking woodwork to shitpost?
>>
>>53038701
No, it was just too bloated to keep all shit in one place so they built different control schemes for different near-military departaments. Happened in late USSR, if I remember right. Well, officially it was KGB all the time, but de-facto they were different agencies way back.

>>53038769
Was smoking weed just near local FSB building, know some good people from there. What do I do wrong? But yeah, generally you better just act calm around them. We are all humans, but they can be just in suspicious mode when on patrol.
>>
>you can't predict 5 years into the future
How do you feel knowing there's no stability? I guess there's never stability anywhere, but knowing is surely worse than ignorance
>>
>>53039368
Do you think the USSR was a better time? Even if you weren't old enough to remember or you weren't born, would communism be better for the normal person for you? Do your parents have strong opinions about that sort of thing?
>>
What do they teach in Russia about Lenin and the USSR nowadays? Is he still a paternal figure?
>>
File: berkut.jpg (56 KB, 604x426) Image search: [Google]
berkut.jpg
56 KB, 604x426
>>53039216
> That's actually kind of scary
It's actually not, really. I had a few encounters with the police and I can't say they've been rough or unprofessional. If you think about it, what is a better place for a nad guy than in uniform where he has strict rules to follow and is under public scrutiny? And to deal with bad guys, bad guys are a good cure.

The system actually works, more or less. I'm not really sure I would prefer the way the US sometimes seems to run things. Probably, it just won't worke here, we're a different people.

Gaming - what do you mean? Gambling or videogames? Gambling is somewhat restricted, videogames are of course popular just like everywhere else.
>>
>>53039637
I meant video games. Is organized crime as bad as American TV makes it seem?
How do actual Russians feel about track suits, vodka and STALKER?
>>
>>53039216
> How prevalent is gaming in Russia nowadays?
You can judge just by this fact: most popular russian torrent-trackers are bigger and organized than pirate bay taken 3 times. If a game comes out, it's cracked and uploaded just in a matter of hours, not even days. And when you really like the game, it's common to go buy in in Steam where prices are at least arguable, it's just are exact right amounts of money you would agree to spend for Gabe's distributive storage hard drive space, multiplayer servers and sync services.

Generally, we play a lot more than you, we just don't buy around 80% of what we play. What's the point of paying for call of duty's multiplayer, when it's released every year with guns remodeled and oter is just retextured 4th part? What's the point in buying Portal, when you can play with bro just by typing server IP in in-game console? But on the contrary, I'm perfectly OK with paying for distributive storage, sync and updates when I'm buying Shovel Knight or Dead Space, for example, if the game kicks ass and/or has the uncrackable multiplayer it'll probablyhave some auditory in Steam or Origin, no one but consoletards go to shop to buy a disc for 2-3 times bigger price.
>>
>>53039368
What's the drug situation like? What's legal and what's not? What are the penalties for illegal drugs?
>>
>>53039429
I know people say things about Putin and propaganda, but that's one of the reasons for his ratings - for the first time in a long time, he came with promises of stability and more or less delivered.

>>53039589
They more or less present the facts and events without adding a commentary. Bolsheviks used terrorism to come to power, Stalin run a totalitarian system and GULAGS, Soviet economic policies were eventually a diaster, some grand projects like turning of the rivers turned out to be destructive, etc, i don't think there's any white-washing.

There are communists still, of course, but Lenin on the red square is moslty an antiquity. Probably left out of respect to all those old people. My guess is they'll move him somewhere within the next 15 years.
>>
>>53040033
wtf? meant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk_VszbZa_s
>>
>>53039860
That's a different way of looking at game pricing. Personally, having grown up in a capitalist society that has always been such, there's a certain pride to actually buying your products here, but I can see where you're coming from with not having as much money to spend and most prices just being silly, you're a bit reluctant to spend it on games you can readily get for free with minimal effort. I guess I was just raised to find joy in showing that I enjoy a product with my wallet
>>
>>53036017

>in the air force
>not killing Syrians

you're not doing your job, m8
>>
>>53039919
Wow. So there really has been a significant ideological shift. I could never see that happening in the United States with the founding fathers, even if there was a regime change.
>>
>>53040130
Syrians usually have a hard time getting to an air force base in Afghanistan or Japan. I wish I could do more but they just won't show up
>>
>>53040140
We just don't have the equivalent of the founding fathers, because Russia as a nation simply eventually "came to exist" like the other nation states of Europe, with no particular ideology at first other than surviving. Sure, the Soviet ideology was strong, but it was just a short phase.
>>
>>53040140
>regime change

But really, the founding fathers aren't painted as godkings and the revolutionary war isn't taught as a huge event in school anymore. It's more or less how they're taught, I guess.
>>
>>53039919
I work with a girl from Russia who said that people disappear if they say anything bad about Putin.
>>
File: as simple as that.jpg (63 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
as simple as that.jpg
63 KB, 604x453
>>53039869
noting is legal, posessing is punished after a certain (rather small) amount, i don't know specifics. It's easy to get, say, weed where I live though. Something heavier is harder. There are poor places, ruins of seviet economy where they say the situation is very bad, but I've never been to the places and don't know any heavy users, and none in my circle knows one. Probably means it differs heavily from city to city.

>>53039801
organized crime is not bad. you aead about a big gang being caught or having a shootout once every two years or so now. It was a weekly affair in the 90es. Those people that survived running an OPG (a name for an organized gang) are now politicians, completely clean and legal (at least on the surface). There are different regions though, I don't know if IS-affiliated terrorists in Caucasus count as organized crime.

Track suites are mostly a relic, sadly.
Vodka above 250 rub/0,5l is good if you drink with good peole.
STALKER was a nice game, though I'm not really a hardcore fan, only played SOC. Waiting for Escape from Tarkov, though I didn't buy games before.
>>
>>53040384
Trying to fit in, maybe, Maybe fishing for sympathy. Maybe she left in the 90es and think it's still like that.

Ther are of course all sorts of shady cases, probably some corrupt officials might be involved, but again. We have Chechnya and other regions with no real law and people with medieval mentality. And if you're an investigative journalist fucking with those people, and one day you get killed, I usually htink on organized crime and terrorists.

Anyway, most statistics show far less people get killed and/or dissapead under Putin than before him. But I'm threading on thin ice now, I hope I don't start a shitfest. I'll just say it for the haters - I didn't once vote for Putin.
>>
File: gun scene.png (1 MB, 2000x3977) Image search: [Google]
gun scene.png
1 MB, 2000x3977
>>53039801
No one gives a fuck. Even all the fuss about Rutracker blocks are about two shitty writers who found their "literature" in free access.

Track suits are now worn at home (when you clean the house or do some repairs and cant get other clothes dirty) or at track, no one wears them in the streets anymore. But they are cozy to wear, I give them that, after all, they've been designed to be comfortable, not pretty.

Vodka is just national alcohol, no one really cares if someone prefers other drinks. But it's cheap and oh god how many kick ass shit you can mix with it, you cannot even imagine.

Stalker is just a good game generally, but once it was a whole freaking fandom with size of Mass Effect, fan-arts, fanfiction (was reading through it all high-school, lol, some was really remarkable), even nowadays some big modding projects like Solyanka (roughly translated as "compilation") or Lost Alpha are still alive and I've heard something about Stalker Online, but they are slow to debelop as original team went to develop Survarium.
>>
>>53040430
>250 rubles for .5L of vodka
Jesus Christ, that's $3.50. In the states, you're lucky to drink paint thinner for that price. Do you drink imports or homebrew? Is vodka just generally cheap there? Anything good here is over $20/.5L
>>
File: 1451825795180.jpg (150 KB, 852x1041) Image search: [Google]
1451825795180.jpg
150 KB, 852x1041
>>53040665
What the fuck are these pictures you keep posting?
>>
File: возьми и нарисуй.png (74 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
возьми и нарисуй.png
74 KB, 1024x768
>>53039869
Generally, it's all illegal, lol. Medics can use morphine whilde doing their job and some sort of heroin replacer to help addicts off the hook, and some of ill people can get strong drug-mixed painkillers if doctor approves. Anything else is a crime. But, as you can guess, it's no problem to buy something not specifically restricted yet from China like new-developed phenilethylamines, you can build a growbox or just go in the deserted field, thomp seeds into the ground in June and return in August to collect some marijuana and so on. Hard shit like heroin is completely underground contrabanda, you can get good LSD or even Orange Sunshine if you have equipment or buy in Moscow if you know the guy, and that's about all I've met.

>>53039429
We are always ready for worst, that's most reliable method

>>53040089
Another funny fact: the whole Russia used one win98 key, I even remember it still: J3QQ4-H7H2V-2HCH4-M3HK8-6M8VW. All the software was pirated till middle 2000s, it was just nowhere to buy it, even hardware was rarer than in the Europe. So I guess you can imagine where we got a tradition to try pirate version first before taking all the trouble to go somewhere and buy it. Gods of Asgard, bless Gabe Newell.

>>53040384
Trolling mostly. It's just Ramzan Kadyrov who could hunt people offending him in Twitter to force to take pants down and apologize on camera, others are more civilized than ex-bandit on the throne.

>>53040678
No, we just developed too much ways to get 96% alcohol out of anything, "Apples, potatoes, corn, bread, fruits, chairs, anything, but I prefer just millet" as said by Ostap Bender in the book released in 1920s

>>53040796
Police released a manga comic about basic safety rules at home for kids, it was quite a hype on a big russian imageboard about it with fan-art and stuff.
>>
>>53040938
Russians are truly a poetic bunch when it comes to getting shit faced
>>
>>53040678
Imported vodka? Sriously? Well I like a certain Ukrainian brand, but that doesn't really count as import. And Vodka price is artificially heightened by the state, I think it starts at about 130rub, but I'm not sure it's safe to drink that.

Food prices are generally very different, but mostly, of course, food is cheaper in poorer countries. Converting prices is also tricky when economy's behaving like now

I can probably buy a toyota here for half the American price for the same car, but it doesn't really mean that the cars are "cheap" here
>>
>>53040938
What were gun ownership laws like?
>>
>>53041261
I'll be thankful if you would rephrase it, my english skill just shows an abstract "woah look at those dudes"
>>
>>53041347
I completely understand that you can't compare prices in two economies that aren't on equal footing, but that's crazy to me that you can get good booze for the price of a burger and drink at McDonald's. I also ask about imports because I don't think Russian vodka is as popular anywhere else as Russia. There are maybe two Russian brands readily available at the good time store
>>
>>53041384
Russians are like Greek philosophers when it comes to getting drunk
>>
File: all you need is love.jpg (358 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
all you need is love.jpg
358 KB, 1280x960
>>53041350
a lot stricter than in the US, especially when it comes to pistols - you just can't own one if you aren't former military or police or other siloviki.

But you can own a semi-auto with up to 10-big mags.

Of course the situation is also offset by people that don't really follow the laws. I know a guy who knows a guy who has an RPG and three shots on his dacha, former military, of course. No idea why would he want to have it, probably just a memento. And it's not such a rare situation for there to be a guy like that with a hidden MG or a couple of grenades in any given village. Afghan, Chechnya and the 90es is where those things originate.
>>
File: O Rly.png (52 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
O Rly.png
52 KB, 600x600
>>53041350
As you can guess, it's not that your state when you pay tax for NOT having a gun.

If you want it, you go to medic for a mental report, to the cops to show you're not a maniac hobo and pay a fee and after a while they say "OK" and you hava e RIGHT TO BUY A GUN. Then you buy a carrying licence for long guns like double-barrel rifles, shotguns, carbines, and probably noone would sell you a full-auto legally. You can limitedly carry a pistol (not in a places like govt buildings or better not carry it in a subway or crowded events, and rubber-shooting pistols or gas ones are free to carry like self-defense pepper gas.

>>53041613
Oh, that. Yeah, drinking had quite a time to develop some allusions and metaphors around it. Btw I strongly recommend to read Ilf and Petrov books about Ostap Bender, if you can get a good translation you'll just laugh your ass off and get a pretty accurate knowledge about civil life just after Revolution of 1917.
>>
Is Taissia Shanti famous in Russia? What about Anjelica?
>>
Can I pop a quick question to any Russian here?
I've read about the Russian government taking foreign volunteers for the Russian military, is that true? I'd love to move to Russia
>>
Most Russian way to drink vodka? I've read that you're supposed to eat pickles with vodka.
>>
File: 1451016369030.jpg (71 KB, 500x410) Image search: [Google]
1451016369030.jpg
71 KB, 500x410
>>53041755
I have a bunch of Russian learning books I planned on studying to become an intelligence analyst. But then I got really lazy for three years. Is there any point for a foreigner to learn it?
>>
File: armyan_1.jpg (132 KB, 668x500) Image search: [Google]
armyan_1.jpg
132 KB, 668x500
>>53041548
There are foreign brands of vodka in any local store, say, Finnish. No idea who buys them though, to pricey.

Older people who can afford to pay 500 for a vodka likely would choose a 700rub cognac instead, yonger people wold buy a tequila, rum or maybe absinth
>>
>>53042062
>absinth
Jesus fuck. A bachelor has to get by somehow on the mean streets of Siberia I guess

What's the legal drinking age?
>>
>>53041900
bad thinking on your part - why would a Russian know that?

here's what I googled though
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/what-you-need-to-know-about-joining-the-russian-army/514256.html

formal rules in russian
http://recrut.mil.ru/career/soldiering/conditions/foreigners.htm

why in Russian? - bacause that's the first condition of course, you have to know the language they'll be giiving you orders in
>>
>>53041784
> Taissia Shanti
Never heard of her. Most of our porn actors are famous anywhere but in our country, lol. Except for Alexander Pistoletov who sings self-written songs and swings his dick around on youtube, that's just a meme to behold

>>53041900
I guess, if you have a russian citizenship you can apply for a army contract, but there's not such thing like foreign legion.

>>53041998
Good way, but it's really a matter of taste. I personally drink it with a horseradish and a black bread with salo.

>>53042015
I am surprised myself, but it's a lot of high-quality to read or watch or listen in russian. I guess you could try an adapted versions of "12 chairs" with the use of dictionary or other cases when the title worth it. Most comfortable way for me it was, i just sat and started to bite the cactus, reading version of Catawa Shoujo with a google translator, then mlp fanfics, then movies, and here I am, speaking with you without special training. Interesting content is a good way to stimulate yourself, if you want, I can make a list of my preferred things in russian for you to check out.

>>53042062
700rub is usually a piece of shit, if it's not something like 5-star SHABO bought in duty-free shop. Whiskey like Teacher's for 1200 is more likely
>>
>>53042174
> A bachelor has to get by somehow on the mean streets of Siberia I guess
it's rather cheap, starts at about 1000rub/bottle, America's pretty silly with the drinking laws.
> What's the legal drinking age?
18, same as serving
>>
>>53042324
Have you read any of the stalker books or anything in that realm of Sci Fi? I know Russian science fiction is supposed to be pretty cool but I've never really heard of anything aside from stalker and roadside picnic. I can't see myself learning another language for three books
>>
it's 1640 ru here for something drinkable here and 3000 for something good
>>
>>53042324
Your English is superb. How long did it take to learn? Don't only 5% of Russians know English?
>>
>>53041998
yes, pickles is just about the most common and traditional
there are special other sorts of traditional foods that go with vodka - zakuski. google the word, and you'll probably find a lot of different recpies
>>
>>53041728
>know a guy who knows a guy who...

Yeah, right.
>>
>>53042602
a lot of young people are probably passable enough to get around London with their broken english. 5% probably applies to people over 30.
>>
>>53042942
Is English taught in school?
>>
>>53043068
yes, and most colleges/universities provide extended courses
it's useless if you're not interested in learning though, of course, and you forget the language you don't use
>>
>>53042581
It's 60 for 0.3 of a kick-ass cider or mead, vodka is still an opption and you can go and lurk in supermarkets for something that's not overpriced for 1200. It's just the schoolboys who drink this shitty Cpt Morgan, Jack Daniels and avrieties of overpriced rum.

>>53042561
I could browse through my collection of STALKER fanfiction, but only 2 out of 10 is not another Mary Sew or amateurish work. There is a whole kilitons of great fanfiction just from Strugatzky brothers, I personally liked Kir Bulychyov in childhood (cartoons by his books are still look awesome) and I think I could remember a whole bookshelf in my grandma's house, in which if you throw away girlish novels and the shit they all bought in USSR like Lenin's citates and congress logs, it would be many good sci-fi space fiction of not so famous, but good writers like Petrov. Like, come on, who would remember a dude called Petrov, even if he descrbed interracial translation aspects, nuclear physics and good version of tech equipment onboard?
>>
>>53040130
Only pilots and drone operators do that.
>>
>>53042602
That's just uncorrect statistics. Only 5% tried to pass international exams, and lot of my colleagues speak like our sports representative Mutko having those sertificcates, and I just didn't bother. Lot of other people are capaple to express themselves in english understandably, below 30 it's around 50% or more

To be honest, I took some classes in childhood for 3 years and the granny, who rode all the way from english part of Shanghai to USSR really taught me to form phrases, but I just lacked the vocabulary. Then I dropped it for 7 years and then in university I discovered that most of games have so fucking horrible localozation, I cannot stand it, like, in Saboteur the stock car in the garage described as "Some cars are worth to take home and repair ... unlike this one" and in russian it was "Car worth to take home and repair". COME ON. Fargus' automatic translation of GTA San Andreas is an entire collection of memes itself. And then 4 or 5 years ago I start playing games with EN subtitles, reading renglish textx and butthurting, and around 2 years I progressed to current state.

>>53043068
From 2nd grade to 9th and university tries to give you a vocabulary.
>>
>>53043241
I'm not much into fanfiction, but I do love post apocalyptic Sci Fi. So a good story is a good story. Are there any ridiculous language rules that don't lend themselves to somebody trying to learn a new language?
>>
>>53042936
Yeah I probably should have said "I know a guy who claims to know a guy that says he has and RPG"

I don't think it's impossible though, and I tend to believe my frineds.
>>
>>53040033
all me
>>
>>53043447
>hey Boris
>yes Ivan
>Sasha has RPG from Chechnya
That seems like a strange thing to bring up
>>
>>53043443
they say Russian language is difficult, if you just want to read books, why not read something that's translated?
>>
>>53043574
Now imagine that they are drunk, in a bigger company, and one of them just got back from conscription which is actually the celebrated occation

It all falls into place
>>
>>53043574
>Ivan
>Boris

Those names are not really popular now.
>>
>>53043592
Because I get the vast wealth of information from another culture Wyeth the added bonus of getting a promotion when I stop being a lazy sack of shit
>>
>>53043678
Then what is the John and James of Russian names? I always thought Artyom was a cool name
>>
>>53043695
Culture with the added bonus* my auto correct goes full retard sometimes
>>
And btw about prices: it's just stupidly high prices for musical equipment here. Just cannot beleive how much they want for it, when I was cuying my 6-string banjo it was cheaper to order it from Texas and deliver overseas than to buy locally. Not to tell about MIDI keyboards and drumpads.

>>53043443
> ridiculous language rules
I'm afraid, being raised in Russia doesnt help me to tell if rules are ridiculous or not. There is, of course, a fair amount of unobvious idioms like anywhere, and cases, declentions and gender part of words are surprising for the first month, but other than so called "grammar words" (something like your irregular verbs) which are written wring for historical reasons, it's OK.

>>53043447
My colleague owns a landmine and a box of grenades, saw it myself. His father also has an authentic unshot Panzerfaust which he did dig in the forest after the war. If you are an officer, it's easy to acquire such firearms, when you know intendant closely and it's your birthday.
>>
File: shelter.png (2 MB, 666x1000) Image search: [Google]
shelter.png
2 MB, 666x1000
>>53043695
I don't think starting from hardcore fiction is the best way but okay then.

You can start with pop stuff like Metro 2033 which also has an added option of playing the PC game in Russian, a Stalker fan would probably appreciate that

Vidya is a good way to learn enrty-level language, TV and movies is another. I went to books in english only when I was fairly confident that I won't need a dictionary 5 times on every page
>>
Do you guys like living in russia? what other countries you find interesting?
>>
File: 1368454174003.jpg (2 MB, 1900x2000) Image search: [Google]
1368454174003.jpg
2 MB, 1900x2000
>>53044613
I like my city, it's okay.

And most countries are interesting, depends on what you mean specifically. For example, I plan on visiting China next year, S.K. in 2018 and US somewhere within next 5 years. Whether I'm going anywhere else in that period mostly depends on what happens with my life and the ruble.

I'd live in some warm and cheap country for a time, I have vague ideas, and it's doable - I have friends living that way. But I wouldn't want to leave for good.
>>
>>53044613
It's hard to compare, I never was abroad. I guess I'd check out Norway or Sweden, Canada maybe, but too far. My prefers are considered to be weird, I'd just like a quiet place with fast internet, train station and a view from a window, when I went with my family to Moscow or to the sea I was actually forced to go, it was hot, boring and time consuming comparing to my town. Is there any European place like it?
>>
>>53045194
Maybe Czech or Luxembourg?
What part of russia are you from?
>>53044904
Why China? what do you plan to do there?
>>
>>53045194
>I'd just like a quiet place with fast internet, train station and a view from a window
A man after my own heart.
>>
>>53045615
> Why China? what do you plan to do there?
I generally like warm sea resorts since I live deep inland. Cheapest from Russi are Turkey and Egypt, but they're difficult now, and I've already been there. Gulf countries and Israel would be relatively cheap too, but too similar.

Thailand is also an option, and i'll go there after China maybe. China is not too mainstream but still cheap and "different", a friend's been there, and liked it.

I'd love to go to some remote pacific or atlantic or indian resort, or Latin America, but plane tickets get too expensive for me when flight is much longer than 4 hours.
>>
>>53045957
That sounds pretty cool. Do you work? how do you get the money to travel?
>>
>>53045615
Voronezh. 500 km to south from Moscow near the Ukraine border.

I like the options, they seem to be cold, just as I like.

Though, I'd spend a week or two in Brazil. They seem to be nice people and degrading by the sea is something that I really have to try other way.
>>
>>53046087
I make decent money by russian standards, before the rouble fell, i could afford a 7-12 days cheap trip for two twice a year. Now it's twice as expensive, but still doable once a year when i dont make big purchaces
>>
>>53046232
>degrading by the sea
what do you mean?
>>
>>53046410
I mean, switch brain off and lie around. I think I could do this for a couple of days without bursting to open broken electrical shield to repair a lamp in the hotel room or bruteforce the wifi admin pass to set a remote control and unrestricted speed limit, just relaxing and not doing thought-required shit. It's hard to do such things when you live in the grim and frostbitten kingdom from Immortal albums, and here you can just do nothing and let the head rest.
>>
>>53046645>>53046232
Здapoвa, Mихa.
>>
>>53047502
И тeбe нe хвopaть, Cepёгa
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.