[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is California really that bad? Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: 8743-California.jpg (102 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
8743-California.jpg
102 KB, 500x375
Is California really that bad? Why?
>>
It's mostly liberals who have not seen the real world.
>>
>>53028922
This.

They are also dealing with a drought.
>>
File: MTE1ODA0OTcxOTE4Mzk0ODkz.jpg (124 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTE1ODA0OTcxOTE4Mzk0ODkz.jpg
124 KB, 1200x1200
which nation is weakest? my vote goes for Frenchies they are effiminate as fuck
>>
>>53028877
it's literally an appendage of mexico now a days.
the business/tech center in silicon valley is what's keeping the state from tipping over. it could literally be the bottom 5 worst states in the union because of the large pool of unskilled workers/immigrants, drug culture, crippling liberalism, and incarceration rates.
>>
>>53028877

It's a brown reggaeton shithole

A liberal bastion of high taxes and poor planning

Junk.
>>
I often chat online with Californian college student and it feels like he's really detached from the real world. He's extremely elitist too. I try to explain him in rational way why we don't like the irresponsible refugee policy but he just brushes it off with me being racist and Islamophobic. He talks about some Americans having "wrong opinions" because they're uneducated and doesn't seem to realize that those people do matter as well since they're American citizens. He thinks multiculturalism works everywhere like it works in California so he judges some Euros for "not liking immigrants". Could be just this person but because of him I've got the idea all Californians sit in their ivory towers and can see the world only from the Californian view.
>>
>>53029610
Also extremely bigoted behavior when someone has different opinion. Doesn't even want to have a normal discussion, just immediately attacks you for "being wrong".
>>
>>53028877
yes. i hate everything and everyone here.
>>
>>53028877
A beautiful place full of arrogant self righteous "hippy" wankers.
>>
California would be pretty nice if it wasn't full of Californians
>>
I'm only here for another 3 years for uni. You can bet your sweet ass I'm dipping as soon as I graduate.
>>
California is a nice state, but overrated in a lot of ways. It's still a pretty relevant state, which triggers flyovers. Liberal/ hippie paradise, which also sucks.
>>
>>53029323
The universal rejection of taxes is utterly irresponsible. Your governments have underspent on their responsibilities for a number of decades in order to retain voters, but it has lead to everything slowly falling apart. Your roads are crumbling, your bridges are collapsing, your rails are deteriorating, your public services are shit, your police forces have become ticketing robots having to generate their own revenue.
>>
>>53029763
>tfw only one more year
I wish you the best, pretty sure this place is going to fall apart soon
>>
>>53028877
They won't have any water soon. :)
>>
>>53029610
>because of him I've got the idea all Californians sit in their ivory towers and can see the world only from the Californian view
So you're him, basically.
>>
Lol, California is a nice state.
You can't just bash a whole state because some are liberals. There are liberals in every fucking square kilometer in the whole western world.

Too many flyovers in this thread.
>>
File: richard_dawkins.jpg (51 KB, 510x720) Image search: [Google]
richard_dawkins.jpg
51 KB, 510x720
Moved to California from New England a few years ago after school because my wife is from here and she had already spent a lot of time on the East Coast.

California isn't bad, it's just a mess.

>SF
I can tell this place used to be nice and hip. There used to be something resembling culture here. You can still kind of feel it in the East Bay. But the tech boom has totally ruined it. That and the flower-child hippy generation that settled around Berkeley and became po-faced upper-middle class limousine liberals. Absolutely awful. Too expensive to really enjoy, and if you can afford to live here, you're part of the problem anyways. Definitely the most East Coast city on the West Coast, though, which is a plus.

>LA
Too much driving, sorry.

>SD
There are kernels of something resembling a city here and there but it seems like they just started building middle-income condominiums after middle-income condominiums surrounded by Costcos and Jack-in-the-Boxes year after year for the past 20 years straight, so it's kind of a little disgusting. It's like Phoenix with beaches, now.

>Government
Seems really inefficient. Infrastructure is garbage, but they are always expanding highways for some reason. I don't think they actually maintain the roads. They just add a lane after few years and let the other ones rot. They like prisons a lot, though. Awful public services (schizos and elderly homeless people roam the streets and sleep under bridges) and terrible educational system aside from the UC system, which is great.

>Politics
The worst kind of liberal living next to the worst kind of conservative. Less like Sweden and more like Argentina.

All that said, it's an OK place and still better than >70% of the United States.
>>
There is no water. I kind of wish it was so here in eastern texas, as we get flooded every week or so (I-45 is forever a venician-style waterway, I got stuck in the floodwaters there in my car on the memorial day floods, saw people going around in damn kayaks.) But yeah, hippies and drought, not much fun
>>
>>53028877
Shitty gun laws, SJWs, feminists....
>>
>>53029610
it's weird, i got a bud up here that moved from california when he was 12 or so, a good lad, and desu he's as "xenophobic" as the next rural Canadian.
He wasn't SoCal so that might have somethign to do with it
>>
>>53030845
depends on the parents and sometimes just the kid. I was born and raised here, in a fairly conservative little spot, but with liberals from nearby, most of the school was a leftist machine. Really couldn't stand a lot of the shit people spewed, I loved reading about the middle ages so when we got to the subject in school and I heard memes and quite literally "islamic world was better" I turned quite a bit against it.
>>
File: dumphy-snip-one.jpg (39 KB, 479x321) Image search: [Google]
dumphy-snip-one.jpg
39 KB, 479x321
>>53030980
desu even if they looked at the islamic world in the middle ages at any perspective near objective, they'd have to be seen as barbaric warmongers.

but lets be real hear
>american schooling
>objective
kek
>>
It's like Apple iPhone: everyone tries to compare themselves to it because it's good. Eventually, people come up with some meme opinion of it with out even trying it. Granted it's not the best thing in the world, but Californians will tell you it is, and everyone else is quick to bash it. Now it's become "California is a shithole" or its the best. Upon going there, (or trying it in this case), you find out its actually pretty nice. There are flaws, but it's definitely not bad. People just love to shit post about it on both sides. I think apple is shit but I couldn't think of a better metaphor. Everyone uses them, just like 55 million people live in California.

Source: native Californian. I like California so come see what the hype is about. Don't listen to the shit posting on either side. It's partially right, but it's in the name of memeing
>>
California is such a retarded state that I don't even know where to begin.

Rent is so high that people who work at Google live in their office or in a van. I don't understand why large cities like LA and SF would have policies to prevent them to build high rises.
>>
San Jose is pretty good (don't go to the east side). Rent is a bit too high, but it's doable.
>>
It's a polluted and crowded shithole
>>
Just compare california with neighbouring states and it looks like a heaven.
>>
I'd not be upset if it was destroyed by a quake
>>
>>53033700
>he wouldn't want to live in Eugene OR or Flagstaff AZ
>>
I always wonder how is the life in some cities like >>53034145

it looks like random Serbian city. Do those people even see the same problems Americans in NY or LA see? Can they adapt to their lifestyle?

Because i never see some Amercians dreaming to go countryside to live a slow life in some 500k town, i always see Americans dreaming to go to the coast
>>
>>53034268
I met some people who lived in a really small town. They said that even that life was too fast for them and they wanted something slower.

I think the bigger cities are the ones that produce the culture and the content. That sort of environment is an ever-changing landscape, it will always be new and exciting.
>>
>>53028877
No, it is actually very nice.
>>
>>53034268
>I always see Americans dreaming to go to the coast

this statement couldn't be more wrong
>>
>>53034145
Isn't this the town that Springfield is based on?
>>
>>53035107
Could be but that's how it is presented to us in movies, documentaries, tv etc
>>
>>53031853
>55 million people live in California.
closer to 30 million, but whatever
>>
>>53034268
Actually, I was raised about a mile away from the coast in socal, in a relatively boring, suburb. Id love to live in the mountains or some small European village with internet. Got family on the east, they live in the rural mountains, heading out there in a year most likely.

I hate the city, air quality is shit, people are annoying, etc. I know my uncle and aunt feel the same. I know many folks around me just don't care and usually don't even consider the world outside their hub, most people in general live detached and seldom consider anything outside traditional normalfag crap. I can't speak much for any other states really
>>
>>53035578
All European villages have internet, we're not the third world. It just won't be very fast.
>>
Whats better New jersey or California ?
>>
>>53035871

Probably California if you're looking for a Tunisian climate.
>>
File: iceland cat.jpg (94 KB, 600x553) Image search: [Google]
iceland cat.jpg
94 KB, 600x553
>>53028877

>no water
>short brown manlet population
>one small pocket of hyper-intellect (the tech industry) surrounded by an entire state of vapid consumerist anti-intellectualism
>ill-managed, SJW tier government and academia (especially Berkeley)
>formulaic anti-culture that projects a destructive false image of the USA to foreigners (Hollywood)
>"good" climate, until you realize it attracts people too stupid to deal with snow/malaria and real estate is bubble-expensive due to the crowding

Literally the only thing I want from California is its wine, and I don't have to live there to experience it. so long as brown manlet Californians stay in their containment zone, I'm not going to poke the bear. I'm happy if they stay there.
>>
>>53034145
This is beautiful
>>
>>53029808
t. hans nazi
>>
>>53031853
It's got 55 electoral votes not 55 million people you ignorant hippie.
>>
>>53035871
Nobody likes New Jersey.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.