[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Friendly reminder that Saddam made it illegal for children
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: Sadam_Brief.jpg (45 KB, 295x295) Image search: [Google]
Sadam_Brief.jpg
45 KB, 295x295
>Friendly reminder that Saddam made it illegal for children to skip school for ages 6-15.

>Friendly reminder that in three years since becoming president illiteracy was completely eradicated in Iraq as recognized by UNESCO. In contrast, current illiteracy rates in Iraq are over 20% thanks to the invasion and years of sanctions.

>Friendly reminder that in Ba'athist Iraq education was free at all levels resulting in a highly educated population in the 80's. This included all fees, supplies, books, tools, etc, and was up to postgraduate studies and included thousands of annual scholarships outside Iraq.

>Friendly reminder that Saddam made sure *every single village* had an elementary school across the country, and every province of Iraq had at least one university.

>Friendly reminder that in Ba'athist Iraq women enjoyed free education and were protected by the law from sexual harassment, granted equal pay, a six month maternal leave, and enjoyed the rights to enter politics and own property. Rights non existent today.

>Friendly reminder that when Saddam was in power Christians practiced religion openly and were allowed to preach. Missionaries were protected and operated free from all constraint.

>Friendly reminder that under Saddam healthcare was free, there was a clinic in every village and a hospital in every city, and vaccines were mandatory.

>Friendly reminder that due to 13 years of sanctions imposed by the west after Kuwait, over half a million children alone died in Iraq, their economy destroyed, and the army left severely weakened. This was before the invasion even started.

T-t-thanks america
>>
>>53022735
Daily reminder that Saddam was an American puppet against Iran which went out of hand because of invasion of Kuwait

Thanks indeed, America-fampai
>>
>>53022735

You're welcome.

I'm sure you're enjoying your new life in New Zealand.
>>
I don't believe. Any of that.
>>
>>53022774
>implying saddam didn't do it for the oil and to annex the rightful iraqi clay of khuzestan from the persian infidels
>>
File: isisman.jpg (84 KB, 850x889) Image search: [Google]
isisman.jpg
84 KB, 850x889
Never forget why you have Iraqi refugees in your countries.

America lied about WMD
>>
>>53022735
i really loved his style of k*rdish removal
>>
>>53022810
Best believe it senpai. Iraq was the Dubai of the 70's
>>
>>53022735
Blame Dubya

>Saudis financed by Saudis harbored by Afghanistan kill 3,000 people
>invade fucking Iraq

I really hope there's a hell so him, Cheney and their merry band of faggots can burn there
>>
MESS WITH THE BEST GO DOWN LIKE THE REST
>>
>>53022889
No it wasn't. it was full of pet engineering projects that gave the illusion of modernity when photographed from a certain angle.
>>
Thank dog for 'murrican freedom
>>
>>53022829
America SOLD WMD's to Iraq(Saddam) and thats why they were so sure he had them.
>>
>>53022735
You're welcome.
>>
>>53022735
Iraq was example from merkin that no matter how good you are if you dont follow us we will wreck you and your country.
Fucking police of the world, more like mafia boss.
Not like saddam is a good guy to begin with.

EU should ask US for compensation from the refugee crisis to be honest.
>>
>>53023009
>he thinks big engineering projects don't require a certain amount of wealth of economic prosperity in a nation

mehdi please go
>>
>>53022735

Come on lad, it's like you want to be on the GSCB's list.
>>
>>53022735
What are your thoughts on Libya?
>>
>>53023009
>full of pet engineering projects that gave the illusion of modernity when photographed from a certain angle.

So modern Dubai then?
>>
File: kek for freedosss.jpg (2 MB, 2724x3571) Image search: [Google]
kek for freedosss.jpg
2 MB, 2724x3571
>>53022735
Unfriendly reminder
>Iraq was literally one of the most prosperous economies in the world until the papa Bush got mad
>Iraq never had any nukes, Saddam openly admitted to not have any nukes
>>
>>53023206
Not him, but Libya was literally no worse and in fact better than most of the other ME countries. Gaddafi was literally only toppled because of the petrodollar.

Personally i think Gaddafi was a piece of shit who got what he deserved but the way he forced the oil companies to play by his rules was truly based.
>>
Saddam become more and more religious during his rule. He was a shitty dictator, his idol was unironically Stalin.
>>
>>53022735
Everyone seems to forget that the rest of the world agreed SOMETHING had to be done about Saddam. Before America attacked the international community was already discussing what do with Saddam they just weren't in agreement. America rushed in there and it was probably the wrong approach, but everyone knew he was massacring civilians and that kind of things.
>>
File: 1449122447877.jpg (17 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1449122447877.jpg
17 KB, 640x480
>>53023141
>tfw the Europeans have discovered the refugee crisis was planned all along
>>
>>53023206
Libya is another example of american intervention ruining a country

It was the best country in Africa, their GDP per capita and HDI was higher than Brazil and some European countries, now the country is back at stone age without even a centralized government
>>
>>53023362
>he thinks kurds are people

no but seriously, the 'massacres' in iraq was only carried out for state subversion. Look at the shit hole that is Iraq today and tell me that those people shouldn't be controlled to walk straight like arrows together. Only westerners really cry about human rights in this regard because they don't know how fucking stupid the arab, kurdish, turkmen, sunni, shia, yazidi, soobi mentality actually is

>>53023186
>implying i'm not already
john key can suck my dick desu senpai
>>
>>53022735
Maybe he should have been more thankful to America for propping him up and showing him the light, and maybe future nations we install puppets in should be obedient.
>>
>>53022735
>>Friendly reminder that due to 13 years of sanctions imposed by the west after Kuwait, over half a million children alone died in Iraq, their economy destroyed, and the army left severely weakened. This was before the invasion even started.

>Implying America cares for lives of Muslims

Hear it from the mouth of the US government itself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM0uvgHKZe8
>>
>>53023459
>best country in Africa
wow what a feat
>>
>>53023220
So I guess we know how Dubai is going to look in 30 years.

There buildings are already catching on fire every 6 months.
>>
>>53023460
can't figure out how to rule over people, so he massacre them instead
sorry, you're not making a great case as to why Saddam is such a great leader
>>
>>53023254
">Iraq never had any nukes, Saddam openly admitted to not have any nukes"

He gave the impression that he had WMDs by making it difficult for UN weapons inspectors to do their job. He had three chances, called bluff on Bush, and then when the US started mobilizing with false intelligence, thanks to unreliable kurdish sources, he decided to stop trolling a little too late. And yes it was easy to believe the false intelligence about WMD (not nukes specifically) since one holds the receipt.
>>
>>53023564
Mehdi please go fuck yourself https://www.google.com/search?safe=strict&espv=2&biw=960&bih=467&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=iraq+saddam+gdp&oq=iraq+saddam+gdp&gs_l=img.3...2839.3059.0.3264.2.2.0.0.0.0.104.104.0j1.1.0....0...1c.1.64.img..2.0.0.vN2SOMKyFQk&safe=high
>>
>>53023655
Except none of that is true

https://youtu.be/lDutkYQF9d8?t=3471 [Embed] - WMDs were never really an issue [58:00]
>>
>>53023645
You're missing the point. Look at Iraq now. It's basically fragmented into 3 different states. Saddam and the Ba'ath party was the only thing that gave Iraqi's an actual sense of statehood. It didn't matter if you were sunni, shia, turkmen, kurd or whatever because your allegiance first and foremost had to be to Iraq.

Now imagine how difficult that is to maintain and foster over a length of time without any sort of force. Especially in a new country with no real history of being put together in those sepcific borders
>>
>>53023655
Ahmed Chalabi wasn't kurdish senpai, he was a shia iranian cuck
>>
Would the cuck even survive in todays age with social media and all if he weren't toppled
>>
File: 1451543955909.jpg (26 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1451543955909.jpg
26 KB, 429x410
>>53022735
>implying that iraqis are a bad thing
>>
Post where you found this faggot. Spicy Saddam Memes.

Also all this is sourced. Ask what you need and I'll give you the link for it. Or just google it everything is documented.
>>
File: He does it for free.jpg (8 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
He does it for free.jpg
8 KB, 224x225
>>53022818
>implying he didn't do it for free
>>
>>53022735
Irak,Lybia went to shit after their dictators were gone, I think Lybia went down 60 places on the hdi scale it was the only highly developed cunt in africa ,them jewws are some crafty people,fighting their enemies by proxy like that.
>>
I heard somewhere that the real reason for invasion of Iraq was the fact that Saddam tried to get away from petrodollar, is that true?
>>
>>53023459

And he said Yurope would be flood with sub-human niggers, he's dead and guess what's happening
>>
>>53022958
So Vietnam is the best?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.