[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
expats in HK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Hong_Kong_de_noche.jpg (1 MB, 1840x1232) Image search: [Google]
Hong_Kong_de_noche.jpg
1 MB, 1840x1232
Was wondering if there were any us expats in Hong Kong present?

If so, any advice for people considering the move? And would it be feasible for a poorfag?
>>
>>53019167
>And would it be feasible for a poorfag?

No.
>>
>>53019207
Figured
>>
Up
>>
>>53019167

Lived there for 2 years

No its fucking expensive mate
>>
File: shenzhen.jpg (170 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
shenzhen.jpg
170 KB, 1024x681
>>53019167
Everything is relatively expensive in Hong Kong, car, accomodation, utilities, electronic commodities and even 'personal space'. Its basically Singapore on steroids. I have relatives who live there and they are just your average mid-class famliy who lives in a flat no larger then a common western attic
why not try across the border?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG7hnDUzcXQ&index=43&list=UUl7mAGnY4jh4Ps8rhhh8XZg
>>
File: origin.jpg (59 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
origin.jpg
59 KB, 1600x900
>>53019830
How expensive is the shittier parts of town? Would the HKPD be willing to hire a white guy?
>>
>>53019987

There's no where that's not expensive except Chinese ghettos

Why do you even want to go? Its a small overrated city
>>
>>53020031
Guess I want to experience living in those shitty Chinese ghettos or something. Everything I've seen about life over there seems more interesting than where I've lived (suburbs is south Florida and rural ass Virginia)
>>
>>53020136

Interesting for sure but I am 100% willing to bet you would not be ready for what you experience. Without knowing at least half decent canto you'd be fucked too

Even if they spoke English you'll be working a hard, shit job to live in poverty. Its not a film, its your life. Stay in your comfy suburb or if you want change move to a city in the states
>>
>>53020364
Was planning on learning Cantonese anyways. But yea, it's just a pipedream. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>53020411

Trust me mate anything you can experience in HK bar new years you can experience the same or better in the states.

Sounds like you need to move out on your own and get a fresh start. I've done the same several times. Get new friends, a new place to live, new lifestyle.

Just don't go making a leap that will most likely ruin your life and leave you stranded. You need an exit strategy if you ever do something like that
>>
>>53020462
Got another year of uni (effed up along the way) and ready to leave this podunk town. Fuck Virginia.
>>
>>53020568

Yeah you've not lived life at all until you've left uni. Be patient

Students are children t bh
>>
File: 1448835678130.gif (446 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448835678130.gif
446 KB, 500x500
>>53020682
Lol just turned 23, wasting my life here. Im ready to fucking move on already (have been for awhile).
Again, thanks, anon.
>>
>>53020769

No worries mate. Best of luck
>>
>>53019167
Make sure you have a job offer in hand if you decide to move. Living costs aren't really that high but property prices are pretty much impossible for a poorfag. You can always visit though.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.