[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like Korean films?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: I saw the devil.webm (3 MB, 640x346) Image search: [Google]
I saw the devil.webm
3 MB, 640x346
Do you like Korean films?
>>
>>52973760
only seen the raid. no idea if thats korean. gimme some recommendations
>>
never heard of them
>>
>>52973760
I went through this huge Koreaboo faze for a bit. Watched a lot of Korean movies at the time. They were pretty cool.
>>
>>52973760
oh yeah some of them are nice

>>52973793
here you go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4chQjxy5-Q
>>
>>52973760
>muh violence xd
>>
http://www.theguardian.com/film/video/2013/may/23/wara-no-tate-trailer-video
>>
>>52973810
it was alright
>>
Can someone help to find one korean film?
I had vhs casette of it, it was about gang lead by a girl at the end she gets pregnant but his boyfriend or her rivals will kill her non born baby
On that vhs it was written that film is titled *shiri* but everytime i try to google it it shows me some crap movie
This was the only korean movie in my entire life that i watched
>>
>>52973760
Sure.

South Korean movies > Chinese movies > Japanese movies
>>
>>52973964
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0192657/

This is it.
>>
>>52973760
Korean movies are the shit
>>
>>52974326
No, sorry but its not this
It was comedy-action
>>
>>52973760
No
It's worthless
>>
File: images.jpg (19 KB, 525x96) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
19 KB, 525x96
>>52974326
>>
>>52974368
Found it for you.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0192657/
>>
>>52973760
>I've never heard gook films
>>
Only NK propaganda videos.
>>
>>52974284

This

Koreans make fuckin excellent thrillers and crime/underworld films
>>
>>52974284
Japanese movies are great, though. Maybe not so much in recent history, but Japan left an undeniable legacy in the film industry, with a vast range of genres too. Korean movies are alright, but too many of them follow the same "vengeance" and violence themes. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but it gets tiring. Personally I like something more alternative, like Kim Ki-duk's stuff for example, but even there you find this theme present in some of his films, although in lesser degrees.
>>
O L D B O Y
L
D
B
O
Y
>>
>>52976608
I like alternative ones more too. ex)Save the Green Planet(still violent though),castaway on the moon
>>
Yeah, Oldboy the list could go on
>>
>>52976703
>castaway on the moon
Fucking good taste
>>
File: friends.jpg (14 KB, 234x347) Image search: [Google]
friends.jpg
14 KB, 234x347
liked this one
>>
That Vietnam guy in The Man From Nowhere was based as fuck and he was like a samurai with honour.
>>
I don't remember the title but I really liked a Korean movie about Korean War
>>
>>52973760
Snowpiercer sucked.
>>
>>52977222
taeguk?
>>
>>52977222
Brotherhood?
>>
South Korea for great thriller/crime/drama, Chinese (mainly HK) for martial arts/period movies, Japanese for anime/comedy/drama
>>
>>52973760
Yes
>>
I watched Jackie Chen movie when I was young.
And he is my hero.
>>
>>52973793
The Raid is indonesian
Koreans seem to have a tendency to make serioisly fucked up movies (see:I saw the devil, oldboy, the red shoes)

A couple of bleak or melancholic movies I liked that this board probably isn't familiar with:
> My Dear Enemy
> Secret Sunshine
>>
>>52978038
are you as short as him?
>>
>>52978133
I don't think Korean movies are that fucked up. Just very brutal, maybe even over the top violent, but I'd say Japanese movies are much worse in that regard. Mainly Miike comes to mind.
>>
>>52978239
why do you nords all have such similar flags? and are Norwegians the craziest of you all?
>>
>>52978327
Finnish people are the most messed up of us by far, but I think we're a good second, as our country is more remote and our population being the most spread out, thus resulting in autistic tendencies. Our flags are all the similar because it's a based design, and Christianity historically playing a big role in our countries for the past 1000 years.
>>
No, go away Korea.
>>
>>52978470
would you mind telling me stories of said autistic tendencies and messed of Finns or "the fish-people" as they are called here
>>
Do you like jackie chan, anon?
>>
>>52978568
Difficult to say. Just general coldness socially, and people being overly reclusive. Alcohol lightens us up, but it turns Finnish people into absolute madmen from I've understood.
>>
>>52973760
love them. made me start learning hangul as a hobby but it does not go very well despite my efforts.
>>52976149
this. my nigga
>>
>>52978505
Okay tranny
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.