[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American here, really interested in moving to japan. Been watching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 309x163) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 309x163
American here, really interested in moving to japan. Been watching alot of vlogs lately and think the country just looks gorgeous and i get butterflies everytime i think of the place.
>thoughts
>advice
>concerns
>>
>the country looks gorgeous

You are a fucking weeb.
Step 1 to enjoying your trip is too admit you are a weeb.
>>
>>52970589
Buy me this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Good-Smile-Kantai-Collection-Nendoroid/dp/B00J3IS0UW
>>
Why don't you come for preliminary inspection once?
Possibly the reality may be different from an ideal
>>
They only record the good parts.
Japan like any other country has good parts and bad parts.
Don't go to japan if you think you will live in an anime.
Watch the vlogs where people talk about the hell that is living in japan.
>>
>>52970589
>I saw some vlogs
>want to move there

Jesus Christ Americans truly are fucking stupid
>>
No one will accept you as one of them, and you will never be able to understand a collectivist culture as an American raised to be individualist. They will see everything you do, from the words you say to the way you carry yourself, as overly aggressive/rude/pushy pretty much no matter what you do

Japanese is also hard as fuck to learn, and you will never have a convincing accent without decades of experience.

Their working culture is insanely autistic and places obedience to authority above all else. Your American "wait but I have an idea" attitude will get you kicked out of even job interviews.

If you have a lot of money and just want to live there, you may be ok if you make Japanese friends who will help you out. If you want to work there, your options are EXTREMELY limited, and you will never make it in their corporate world.

tl;dr whittu piggu go home
>>
File: ac6.jpg (55 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
ac6.jpg
55 KB, 600x800
Gomenasai, my name is Ken-Sama.

I’m a 27 year old American Otaku (Anime fan for you gaijins). I draw Anime and Manga on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior Japanese games. (Disgaea, Final Fantasy, Persona series)

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my sword license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Japanese fluently, both Kanji and the Osaka dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Japanese history and their bushido code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Japanese visa, I am moving to Tokyo to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Studio Ghibli or a game designer!

I own several kimonos, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Japan, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Japanese as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Japan!
>>
>>52971456
good luck ken sama
>>
Same here. I'm fairly certain I'm going to live there
>>
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 384x384
>denial so much

Japan is not such bad desu..actually.
>>
>>52971543
you americans are just faggy cucks

That sounds like a cool job, and you're living in a place where crime is almost non existent, stop being such a bitch
>>
>>52971591
not bad for japanese.

Bad for everyone else who would want to live there. Especially if you are black or muslim.
>>
Posted a few times, but anyone else applied for JET? I figured a ton of dweeb weebs would be applying for it on here/ have done it.
>>
>>52971591
who are you quoting m9?
As far as I know, japs are pretty conservative.
Foreigner will always be that foreigners.
Japan must be great for the japanese.
But for foreigners planning to make a living there, it is not good.
at least that is what I hear from lots of places. NOt personal experience.
>>
>>52971543
What is a lanky complexion?
Kek?
>>
>>52971644
>Especially if you are black or muslim

this applies to literally everywhere on earth, even in black and muslim countries
>>
>>52970589
Kill yourself, you weeb piece of shit.
>>
>country looks gorgeous
>he lives in the United States
you could just move to a gorgeous part of your own country you fucking weeb.
>implying you're not moving because you're a failure with yellow fever
>>
>>52971456
Godspeed, Ken-sama.
>>
>>52971543
Kekd
>>
>>52971631
>being this butthurt hes stuck in a favela for life
topkek
>>
>>52970589
>really interested in moving to japan
NO. that's a wrong idea. why Japan? America is not so bad place to live. besides, in the world, only the US is going well in regards to business.
>>
>>52972037
Yellow Fever.
>>
>>52972037
Maybe OP just has wanderlust and is sick of seeing the same things day-to-day.
>>
Looks like some of you fags are mad
>>
The life is different from a trip
I think that this thing is the same in almost all countries
>>
>>52971844
Who wouldn't be?

Go live and Detroit, see how you like it, fag
>>
>>52971414
Yes and no. It's not as clear and defined as you say it is. You should check this out:
http://gaijinchronicles.com/category/archive/
It's a journal written by a burly black US guy who taught English in Japan in the early 2000s. It's pretty interesting even if you don't like Japan.
>>
File: DSCN0925.jpg (76 KB, 1010x758) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0925.jpg
76 KB, 1010x758
>>52972438
forgot my pic
>>
>>52971631

>a place where crimen is almost non existent
Ha,ha,ha...how can weeaboos be so delusional, not reported crime doesn't equate to non existent.

The place of eternal harmony or watherver doesn't like things that disturb it by agitating the people. For some cultures, self-awareness in certain circunstancia is not welcome
>>
File: Capturar.png (16 KB, 627x216) Image search: [Google]
Capturar.png
16 KB, 627x216
>>52972438
:^)
>>52972687
Could you elaborate more?
>>
>>52972154
>seeing the same things day-to-day
Because it's so easy to see everything in this tiny, homogenous country?
>>
>>52972786
You're implying a lot of things. I don't know why he picked Japan and I doubt he does either. Maybe someone else would backpack across America or fly to Europe.
>>
>>52972938
I was inferring only what had been written by you, and that's what I responded to.
>>
>>52973020
So the "same things day-to-day" implies homogeneity across a 9 million sq mi continent and not just OP's boring little town.
>>
>>52971408
Please don't think this autist speaks for all of us.
>>
>>52970589
What degree do you have / are you getting?
>>
>>52974571
I wanna get a wok degree from Confucius Institute like a leaf student.
>>
>>52972037
What's wrong or good isn't your business, is it?
>>
File: 1399015655305.jpg (96 KB, 599x521) Image search: [Google]
1399015655305.jpg
96 KB, 599x521
>>52971644

Japan is no place for niggers, muslims and their sub-human culture.
>>
>>52970589
i don’t see any point of a firstworlder’s moving to japan. certainly it’s got some nice aspects like an overall safe, clean environment and maybe some interesting culture/entertainments but there are also lots of drawbacks (crazy and obsolete working culture, language/cultural barrier, etc) to balance them out, and i don’t think it’s worth overcoming them for what you get here in exchange for what you already have, especially when japan isn’t the #1 HDI country as it once was anymore. it would be a different story for those who comes from developing countries or 3rd world, but considering you are american, sticking around there is the best answer.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.