[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone studied abroad? Where'd you go? How was it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
Has anyone studied abroad? Where'd you go? How was it?
>>
>>52961012
Because of my autism, I find it extremely riskful to leave my home town or even the country.

I've met foreign students though.
>>
I recently returned from my semester abroad. I went to the US. It was a good experience, just wish I had more time to travel. Also, US people are fat and dumb.
>>
I have a masters in memery from Finland.
>>
>>52961012

I spent 2004 (junior year of high school) in south korea at a high school there, through rotary. it was fun and challenging to be frank family. also I'm not a weeb or k-boo
>>
File: 1417461419702.png (78 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
1417461419702.png
78 KB, 412x351
>>52961149
Brits don't come here
>>
I studied for about 2 years in Netherlands (MSc in A.I.) and it was pretty rad, although the dutch people treated foreign students and expats like shit. You could only socialize with other foreigners and that sucked since it was pretty hard to find all the good raves etc.
>>
No

No

Foreigners are shit and foreign countries shittier
>>
>>52961380
which uni?
>>
>>52961380
da fuq

Srs?
>>
>>52961423
UvA
>>
>>52961628

Ah, my bro (and my 2 best friends) go there.

Quite based that you have a Masters in AI. Are you working in the industry or are you doing a PhD ?
>>
>>52961607
Srs. The worst treatment was probably from older people in groceries/stores etc, they had a strange repulsion in their eyes and acted wary as if i was going to rob them. But I look like a typical greek anyway, so maybe it makes sense.
>>
>>52961101
Where'd you go familia? Also I'd say we're more ignorant than dumb.
>>
>>52961892
maybe they think people darker than the Dutch are griminals by default
>>
>>52961732
Doing a PhD and working remotely for a startup for the fun mostly. Also doing some contract-based r&d stuff for research centres & companies involved in European projects. I'd rather be a sociologist desu.
>>
>>52962092
How is your fortune so good compared to other Greeks' if I may ask?
>>
>>52961334
I want to study there 2bh.
>>
I wish I knew this was a possibility when I was in high school. Then I would've gone to Austria to be honest.
>>
>>52962408
most of my peers are just lazy uneducated shits that prefer to scratch their balls and complain instead of trying to git gud at something profitable. I actually can't understand the reason for this either. It's not like impossible to build a competitive professional profile in the international market if you are determined to do so.
>>
>>52962092

Noice, all the best
>>
>>52961334
I have been to winland
>>
>>52962724
Y-you too
>>
>>52962747
British tourists are not rare on Christmas etc but I meant studying here
>>
>>52962699
Ok, noted. Some people are just like that, sadly
>>
I will be studying for 6 months in China in 2017, but I'm not sure on a specific city because we haven't started talking about it yet
>>
I didn't go far for very long

>Trinidad for 3 years
It was pretty fun,but Trinidadians love to spend money

>Barbados for 1 year
It was okay,not much to say

>England for 2 months
I didn't get to see much but it was a pleasant experience
Got a milkmaid to deliver me breast milk was an added bonus
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.