[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Type 1 civilization
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 12
File: MassEffect2Citadel.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1024) Image search: [Google]
MassEffect2Citadel.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1024
Does /int/ realize that in order for the human race to survive it is going to have to band together under one nation? Only then we will be able to become a type 1 civlization.

How do you deal with that?
>>
or we could just kill everyone else so there's only one civilization left
>>
>>52926301
you mean killing a nation with nuclear power? how do you do that?
>>
We should just kill ourselves and become one inside Mother Earth.
>>
>>52926273
It's already happening.

Soon, there will be no person not testifying that there is no god but allah.

Mash'allah
>>
>>52926301
/thread
>>
Humanity is still centuries removed from becoming a Type 1 civilization. It will happen eventually.
>>
>>52926273
The only way to unite people is to unite them AGAINST something else.

The entirety of humans will never ever unite until some threat comes from outside the planet.
>>
I have already accepted our merchants New World Order overlords
>>
>>52926557

Yea that's why we need to go on Mars. If we colonize that planet there's going to be a Mars vs Earth thing real quick.
>>
>>52926557
I used to think that too. Especially in terms of an alien threat kind of thing.

But I don't think this is the case. Humanity has slowly been uniting since the dawn of civilization. In the times of Sumerians and Greeks you had cities fighting each other. Now you have entire countries of 50+ million people living in relative peace.
>>
>>52926301
this so hard
muslims and niggers need to completely die, only then the humanity can prosper further
>>
What time is it in Germany?
What time is it here?
Exactly. We can't even agree on the time of day, and you want a tightly integrated supercountry. Not happening.
>>
>>52926884
That isn't really uniting we aren't a whole we're all still very separate.

We'll see in a century if we're all speaking one language and races stop being a thing, until then we're just not killing each other.
>>
File: 1427627005787.jpg (27 KB, 414x508) Image search: [Google]
1427627005787.jpg
27 KB, 414x508
>>52926927

>Americans will never, EVER be liberated from MM/DD/YYYY
>>
We'll just destroy ourselves before it happens, and then the survivors will start from scratch.

And that's good, because otherwise we're headed for the "bad ending" if we're unified under the current sociopaths.
>>
>>52926273
I plan on dealing with this by being dead long before it becomes an issue.
>>
>>52926927
Time difference is not a choice, it is dependant on the fact that the earth revolves around the sun.
>>
>>52926273

We do this >>52926301 and this >>52926912

We then band together western and non-shit asian civilization. Then, mankind will walk the skies.
>>
>>52927153
what about we make the sun revolve around the earth?
>>
>>52927242
This is already true from the earth's frame of reference
>>
>>52927153
There are people living in 2016. Right now. While we're still in 2015.

We're an entire YEAR behind them. Fuck me, I can barely make myself a grilled-cheese sandwich without severing a limb. How are we supposed to build a time machine to catch up? Deloreans aren't even in production anymore. We'll have to communicate using a two styrofoam cups with a string that *traverses time* connecting them.
>>
File: islam_dominateWORLD_large.jpg (164 KB, 964x643) Image search: [Google]
islam_dominateWORLD_large.jpg
164 KB, 964x643
>>52926273
>band together under one nation

Soon.
>>
>self-hating people who dont think we can achieve peace and prosperity under a functioning, united world society
>It's us, humans, who get to decide what to do
>yet they decide to doubt
>>
>>52926273
When tech dismantles capitalism, people will ban together. Scientists will push humanity toward without restrictions. Natural curiosity will always be present in some people.
>>
>>52927465
>le fuck yeah humans xD

Go back to /tg/
>>
>>52927507
If you dont want to participate in the project just suicide and dont ruin it for the rest
>>
>>52926472
I mean, actually exterminating the races deemed inferior would be humankinds best shot at long term survival.
>>
>>52927507
>le fuck the human race babbys first nihilism

Fuck off back to mums basement
>>
>>52927507
he's right, the modern human race has walked the earth the span of a blink of the eye in astronomical terms, yet here we are already struggling.
>>
>>52927637

>struggling

We're struggling less than ever, you do realize that right?
>>
>>52927657
True. We are more than ever, live longer than ever, healthier than ever and fight less than ever. We also know more than ever and even invented anime.
>>
i always imagine that someday we will live together in some kind of gargantuan life sustaining spaceship or something.
we will forever sailing over the stars draining its energy completely like a robber draining petrol stations dry.
maybe even somehow we will let some of the population to inhabit some planet we found in our voyage
from 1 to 10 scale how believable is this imagination? is there already a sc-fi literature with this kind of story?
>>
superior civilization will arise once tech people simply have enough of non-technical people's shit:

>all the best businesses on earth are ran by engineers and scientists (google, elon musk, etc)
>culture is pretty much ran also by scientists and engineers (people use facebook more then they go to church..)
>economy is ran by tech
>military is ran by tech

Soon enough tech people are just gonna isolate themselves and go out of isolation in full power and just wipe out everyone unessential. Or take political power somehow else, after laughing off moral concerns.

People without technical backgrounds are either worthless or nowhere near as worthy as people with technical backgrounds, just google employment rates and starting paychecks.
>>
>>52926273
Are you taking that from michio kakus book? I haven't read the thread yet.
>>
>>52927791
How can entropy be reversed?
>>
>>52927831

World wide authoritarian technate when?
>>
>>52927855
If someone or something ignites a big bang again, i guess. And that would take a massive amount if energy.
>>
We're already """""united""""" in the UN. I can see in the future that organisation having increased powers.

Nothing wrong with that. Countries exist right now that have states with quite different cultures that work work together under a common flag.
>>
>>52927855

Currently impossible. But we're human, if the universe dies, we go to another universe, or we create one. Fuck entropy right in the pussy.
>>
>>52927855
>Let there be light
>>
>>52927950
Pretty damn soon, and there will be nothing in this world able to oppose it.
>tfw studying chemistry at university
>almost no students give a shit about politics
Kinda pisses me off I cant talk with colleagues about us being the most important members of society, society that depends on technology and where 1% of society understand said technology..
We need to have some sort of technocracy movement to wake capable people up.
>>
>>52927997
>if the universe dies, we go to another universe

Sweden no.
>>
>>52927791
Well as for harvesting a star, we can image using a dyson sphere, which is theoretically feasible.
As for sailing star to star we would need a way to create wormholes, because even traveling at near the speed of light would take way to long to reach anything.

Living outside of the earth would also be possible through a ring-like construction with artificial gravity, one example being a Stanford torus.
>>
File: 1451091986656.jpg (36 KB, 715x720) Image search: [Google]
1451091986656.jpg
36 KB, 715x720
>>52927831
>tfw getting BS CS degree as strong, 6'6" normie
>>
>>52926273

Fuck you and your globalist shilling you nigger. 80% of the world is subhuman, good luck banding yourself with them, but leave me the fuck out of it.
>>
>>52927855
wut? can you explain to non-physic student why you need to consider the sustainability of universe?
can you provide me with some literature, i always like to get one
>>
>>52927855
Please, haven't you seen meguca?
>>
>>52928026

>We need to have some sort of technocracy movement to wake capable people up.

There is one, but since we're talking about rational people it's not militant at all, and it needs to be.

For example, the means of production and infrastructure needs to be seized, globally. It can then be ransomed and the political governments forced to resign, the technate will then be established in its place.
>>
>>52927841
Well Michio Kaku talks about a window in the near future in which we will either move up to type 1 or die.

The scale itself, called the Kardashev Scale, was created by Nikolai Kardashev in 64.
>>
>>52928134
There is? What is it called?
We really need a political movement for scientists and engineers, never heard of one so far.
>>
>>52928026
the problem with technocracy is the utilitarian scheme at the centre of things.

humans will be treated at best as a production plant or machine
>>
>>52928043
interesting.
suppose these technologies would be available in 1 million years, will the sun's energy still enough to harness to reach closest star?
when we're able to create wormhole, it will also possible for us to harness inter-dimensional technology where we can use it as a storage to manipulate mass don't you think?
>>
File: Silver_red_monad.png (54 KB, 390x390) Image search: [Google]
Silver_red_monad.png
54 KB, 390x390
>>52928269
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technocracy_movement#Technocrats_plan
>>
>>52928070
Energy is in a continual state of movement as a result it continually moves in the direction of least resistance, basically it is always moving from a high point to a low point.

But the act of hindering the movement of energy releases its own energy, so eventually all the energy in the universe will "even out" and there will be nowhere for energy to move because it will meet a naturally equal resistance from every possible side since it has effectively spread evenly everywhere.

This is the heat death of the universe.
>>
>>52926912
Add Serbia to the list too.
>>
>>52928335
i mean intelligent species are destructive, why should we give a shit about we're the main perpetrator of death of the universe?
or is there any reason why it should affect your system (not in the case where the universe start to die out of course)?
>>
>>52928419
t. Ahmed Kemal
>>
>>52928438
It's just how the universe will end, we know it will eventually come but desu it's so immeasurably far away that no one should actively care about it.

The most pressing matter to us as a species is the sun expanding in some billion years, we need to get off this planet.
>>
File: sunce i zvezde.png (21 KB, 988x517) Image search: [Google]
sunce i zvezde.png
21 KB, 988x517
>>52928335
Oh boy.. actual physics student here: 'no.'.

You see, shortest distance between two points is the line, right? Wrong.
Pic related, Earth, Sun, and the stars (red). From Earth, we cant see the red stars on this picture, simply because light travels in straight lines (shortest distances). However, we actually can see these stars, not even theoretically but experimentally. When we have an eclipse, we can actually see these stars..
Supermassive bodies (such as sun), bend space around them, and we can see these stars on the edges.

You see, what you are saying is bullshit because, at fundamental level (google quarks, leptons, bosons, etc), time and space do not exist. Time and distance is, as we can confirm so far, just a thing we humans made up to keep a better track of things. Time and distance are simply broken concepts when ever you have a super massive thing, such as for example a black hole.
And you have to realize that, classical physics, the ones that work in universe made out of helium (that's 99.9% of our universe), arent even all that important in the grand scheme of things. Formation of our galaxies and even planets and atoms, is governed more by the "spooky" things out there, then by helium-like particles.

Basically you are taking into account (wrongly) only 5% of the question.
>>
>>52928438
he isn't talking about any intentional destruction.

second law of thermodynamics state that entropy of the universe is constantly increasing. What it means is that the heat in the universe will eventually even out. Something like how water flows to low lying area irrespective of what you do with it.
Similarly, energy tends to even out over a period of time. and eventually, there won't be any thing left but an evenly spread energy (which is basically useless).
>>
>>52928503
i see
>>
>>52928310
The sun is expected to begin to die in 5 billion years. If you compare what we've accomplished in 200'000 years of existence, we will no doubt be able to harvest the sun's energy in no time.

The biggest threat is the self destruction threshold that we must overcome in order to even begin the leg work.

Now the details of how to create a wormhole and inter-dimensional travel that is purely science-fiction, I can't say.
>>
>>52928512
quantum spooky things doesn't disprove thermodynamics *yet*.
>>
>>52928519
yes but i was asking how it should affect the system
>>
>>52926546
honestly we'd have to make some serious changes for that to happen. humans by nature are violent animals and seem to strive on conflict. the only real way to unite a species like that is with a common enemy and it'll really only last till that enemy is gone
>>
>>52928552
>create a wormhole and inter-dimensional travel that is purely science-fiction
i see that is the point where it become purely fictional, thank you
>>
>>52926273
Humans are only the springboard species. More than likely the definition of human will have changed so much by that point that they would be unrecognizable to those of us alive in 2016.
>>
>>52928552
>self destruction
the only way to do that is to get off this rock. as long as we're confined to a single planet we're very vulnerable
>>
MARS WHEN
>>
>>52928642
No you have to pass the self destruction threshold to begin thinking about space colonization.
By self destruction I mean, some how stopping the human animalistic behaviours. That may come when we're more machine that flesh.
>>
>>52928512
yo serb-brah, can you give your judgement on >>52927791
will it possible to harness energy to bend "space"
>>
File: Traitor.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Traitor.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>52928552
Its true that "Merkel" is a "traitor" in german? Why she hates germans so much?
>>
>>52928642
>>52928710
there will be more hurdles than self-destruction. It's only that since we are the binge of that, we feel it's nearer to extinction than any other problem.
>>
File: antichrist.jpg (99 KB, 530x393) Image search: [Google]
antichrist.jpg
99 KB, 530x393
>>
>>52927791
you can envisave earth as a large spaceship traversing the space along with the entire solar system and galazy.
the only problem, we cannot control the trajectory of the huge spaceship
>>
>>52928843
>mfw, christinity is the second greatest abomination on earth after islam.
>>
>>52926273
As long as it doesn't have American consumerist trash culture I'm fine with it.
>>
>>52928857
>we cannot control the trajectory of the huge spaceship
why is that?
>>
>>52928918
>huge spaceship
i meant earth when I said 'huge spaceship'. humans aren't advanced yet to control the trajectory of earth.
>>
>>52928918
How would you even propose we control it?
>>
>>52928882
Abrahamic religions are all shit.
Jews and muslims can all die.
Elders gods are the true ones.
>>
>>52928940
alright so there is always possibility to build one right? or it isn't?
>>
>>52928971
i always imagine that there will be no trajectory, we will simply jump from point to point.
i do believe its sounds like bullshit though
>>
As long as it has American culture and consumerist values I won't mind.
>>
>>52928797
Don't know about traitor, that could probably be coined by the far right.
As for the flag rejection, since the end of ww2 patriotism has been associated with nazi movements. The flag being a key component of it.
Since around the 2000s the connotation became less relevant and people do brandish the flag in sport events and such.

Now, I don't really know why she discarded the flag in that video.
>>
File: 15583217323_223e712bf8_b.jpg (300 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
15583217323_223e712bf8_b.jpg
300 KB, 1024x576
to end on a bittersweet note
>>
Gaean Federation when?
>>
File: ITER.jpg (74 KB, 510x510) Image search: [Google]
ITER.jpg
74 KB, 510x510
>>52928753
I honestly dont know. The problem is, we understand only a ridiculous tiny portion of our physics.
Did you know that so far, we have only completely solved 4 things in physics and that's it?
Our understanding of physics is extremely low at the moment. We are basically monkeys or cavemen when it comes to spaceships...

First we need ITER: International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor
D + T ---> He (3.5 MeV) + n (14 MeV)
n + Li ---> He + T
Using superconductive materials, strong magnetic fields, at 200.000.000 °C temperature, and millions of amperes of electricity, we could use the formula above, fuse these 2 elements, and get the plasma we need.

I mean I dont know. If I had the resources to build a spaceship, I would start with ITER-like thing. And I probably wouldnt do it even if I had the resources, to buys masturbating, playing video games, reading internet, being sad because no gf, standard stuff like that.
>>
shit I cant even type words properly, its 7:22 here and I dont want to go to sleep..
>>
>>52928982
building one is theoretically possible, but there are so many issues to handle like power source, defense from space debris etc.
>>
>>52928710
Well, Space Colonization kind of is a way to pass the self destruction threshold. You make it hard for you to kill yourselves.
>>
>>52926873
It'll probably end up like America vs Europe in it's war of independence. The Martians will have a whole planet to terraform and consequently have access to much more resources than the squabbling nations back home, and they'll eventually rise to power and dominate their Earth dwelling cousins.

The same as how the relatively small peninsula of Europe is home to diverse ethnicities and cultures that have been hostile to one another for millennia, whereas America is an expansive continent-sized largely homogenous nation.

The scars on Earth are too deep to ever heal, the only step forward for our species is to start over on a new planet.
>>
>>52927831
What a worthless life when nerds and geeks dictate culture
>>
>>52927982
>wanting to live with brown and black people
>>
We're working on it
>>
>>52930608
I like this idea

Imperium of mars when?
>>
>>52926273
>one nation with niggers
You kinda failed it.
>>
>>52926273

That's assuming that space isn't going to be colonized by companies which will eventually become more powerful than countries.
>>
>>52926273
It will happen when all countries become developed and adopt meritocracy/technocracy instead of democracy. Democracy is good for improving local quality of life but it's abyssmal at governing large regions. A person is smart, people are dumb.
>>
File: UXBf3jh.jpg (239 KB, 732x480) Image search: [Google]
UXBf3jh.jpg
239 KB, 732x480
>>52926273
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.