[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ringing in the New Year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (188 KB, 658x594) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188 KB, 658x594
We all sat here a year ago saying how 2015 will be better than 2014, as we shared our hopes and our aspirations.
1. Well, was it? Was 2015 better than 2014?
2. What are your plans for the new year?
3. How about your country? What was 2015 like in your Cunt?
4. What major event will define 2016 for your cunt?
>>
>Bill Cosby's a rapist
>Richard Williams overdosed
>>
>>52918425
>Bruce Jenner a woman
>trump a leading presidential candidate
>>
I don't remember 2014 clearly tbqhwuf
Go out more
It sucked
Hopefully I M P E A C H M E N T for the meme points, but even then it wouldn't fix the real problem of our commodities' prices going down. Who knows f a m
>>
>>52918506
>Hillary Clinton is predestined to ride our country tnto the ground
>meanwhile ovwergrown wank stains cry in college 'safe spaces'
>>
>>52918689
>democrat leader Wasserman literally getting in the way of democracy
>BLM
>>
>>52918681
You do know that there's no chance of impeachment, right?
>>
Olympics in brazil this year, could be interesting
But yeah the latter half of last year was fucked up, it was so bad that the top spots for both the biggest radio stations in Belgium and the Netherlands's countdown for best song was 'imagine' by John Lennon while last year it was lingering at spot 20 over here, that speaks volumes
Personally things are progressing though
>>
>>52919443
Imagine is a nice song, though.
I'd expect you to complain about all the terrorists in Belgium.
>>
>>52919542
Yeah it's a nice song, but it would never have taken the top stop were it's text not VERY RELEVANT to what has happened this year
It's what I meant with 'that speaks volumes'
I hope next year will be less filled with bloodshed
>>
>>52917965
Yes and no
Get a 3.8 GPA
It was meh
Election of Hillary
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 432x472) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 432x472
>>52919837
>mfw gpa went from 4.0 to 3.2
>mfw the depression is so bad that I don't even care.
>>
>>52919996
found the humanities major
>>
>>52919771
But there will be more bloodshed. Especially if you leave your borders open. Brussels does not stand a chance.
>>52920029
Computer science major, actually.
>>
I'm not even going to pretend to be at all optimistic this time. I'm tired of the "maybe [year+1] will be better than [year]" cycle, so instead I'm just going to accept that it'll be shit, just like every single year of my adulthood.
>>
>>52920053
what school?
>>
>>52920092
Wh-why?
>>
>>52920161
wondering if you're that guy from UCLA
>>
>>52920200
Oh, no. New Yorker.
>>
>>52917965
>1. Well, was it? Was 2015 better than 2014?
Yep, marginally.
2. What are your plans for the new year?
Getting into varsity and finally travelling overseas.
3. How about your country? What was 2015 like in your Cunt?
Absolutely terrible.
4. What major event will define 2016 for your cunt?
Hopefully the president being impeached.
>>
>>52917965
Pretty good, I went from unemployed NEET to having a car and a stable job. Next step, move out from my parents house.
>>
>>52920255
Oh Stony brook?
>>
2015 was definitely my best year. 2016 has a steep Wall to climb but it without a doubt has great potential.
>>
File: ii.jpg (151 KB, 539x810) Image search: [Google]
ii.jpg
151 KB, 539x810
Nope, this was worse year of my life actually. But I know 2016 will be better.
>conservatism is starting to gain a little more popularity which means that it is very likely that Trumps will prez in 2016.
>finally able to manage my anxiety
>finally going to school
>seeing somebody, even if it's just for sex
>have a good circle of friends
>anime is closer to becoming year as time progresses
>dark souls 3

Eh, probably other shit. But I'm ready for 2016. It could wind up being bad, but at least I'm optimistic.
>>
>>52920293
Heh. Not even. Was hoping to transfer there. Plans are shot now.
>>
>>52917965
It was far worse then 2-14.
Try to stop being a lazy NEET piece of shit
This year was a wild ride for Murrica, and it's not going to slow down next year
Hillarys election and subsequent failures mostly.
>>
>>52920053
>computer science
Sorry about that. I took one programming class one semester and it was the worst. I think I got like a 20 in that class, not even exaggerating.
>>
>>52920453
Nah. I'm fantastic at it. I just don't do well in math and in my computer science classes I never hand in the projects. Would've got an A if I had.
>>
>>52920053
Heh, the fireworks in Brussels were cancelled due to a potential attack, so we set off our own, it was fun
But honestly not interested in talking politics, just trying to relax and remeniscence about the year
>>
>>52920368
I know Trump as a president might be exciting but not meming he does seem pretty terrible to have as well.
>>
>>52920577
Well, I just hope Europe as a whole has a better year.
>>
>>52920743
Yeah. It'll be interesting in the same way a train wreck is.
>>
>>52920281
Nice, dude! I went from NEET to job and moving out, but no car yet.
>>
2015 was literally the worst year of my life, one huge fuck up after another.

Bright side is I got off a bunch of drugs but other than that, horrible.

It can honestly only get better.
>>
>>52920743
What happened to make it so horrible?
What fuck ups?
>>
2015 will probably be remembered as the year it all began.
>>
>>52916100
> 2015
> still not CANZUK
seriously?
>>52916100
>>
1. No
2. Not much, try to make some more money I guess
3. Don't even remember
4. The upcoming election
>>
>>52922877
The election is gonna suck. Who are you voting for?
>>
>>52920061
How old are you? What's shit about your life?
>>
File: 1437777514033.jpg (776 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
1437777514033.jpg
776 KB, 1200x1800
1. 2014 was a peak year for me, I wasn't really so depressed as to think "fuck, 2015 is going to be different". but in the end 2015 was a really shitty year for me. I lost friends, money, and mental stability
2. Over Christmas and NYE my close family have always travelled across the country to spend it with my grandfather. In my grandfathers city I don't really know anyone (it's a city for retired old people, and the young people are just weird), so I had no plans for the NYE. I watched the fireworks with my grandad, which is enough for me. He's old and I'm grateful to spend time with him.
3. dunno, usual stuff
4. maybe Euro referendum, or the death of the Queen if that happens.

I'm expecting big changes for myself in 2016. It's the year I'll graduate (should have happened last year 2bh), so I can finally leave my shit city and emigrate. big change m8s.
>>
>>52924606
What happens to your friends and mind?
Spend time with your grandfather. Mine died 2 years ago. Fuck it actually affected me. I knew it would but the way it did, damn.
What college do you go to? What major? Where do you plan to move to? Poland :^)?
>>
File: GHjK3Cxh.jpg (138 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
GHjK3Cxh.jpg
138 KB, 768x1024
>>52924742
>What happens to your friends and mind?
I lost my closest 3 friends because of stupid relationship stuff, and lies. Either I need to just apologise or they do. We study together in the same course and it's really awkward having to avoid them. We had a really good relationship. Kind of like the main characters from Seinfeld.

>mind
loneliness and too much 4chan causes depression

>Spend time with your grandfather
yeah, I try to. He's like 89 so I know he doesn't have much long. I'll be really sad when he goes, he's been apart of my life for so long and represents my childhood in ways.

>What college do you go to?
a uni in Scotland
>What major?
Comp Sci. I don't enjoy it and the only reason I took it is because it had the easiest admission for some reason. It's a good degree to have but I don't want to be some code monkey sitting in front of a computer my whole life. Web-development is fun though.
>Where do you plan to move to? Poland :^)?
nah senpai, probably northern Italy.
>>
>>52925060
I live in your pic related
>>
File: 1451341990685.jpg (154 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1451341990685.jpg
154 KB, 1080x1920
>>52925154
i'd like to go to that restaurant one day with a qt. that's why i saved the pic
>>
>>52925060
Any more details on your friends?
4chan is simply a symptom of your depression. It exists because of it not the other way around.
For me, when my grandfather passed I was doing fine. I was sad but nothing too bad. Then I saw him in the casket. Jesus fuck. I fucking lost it. I had a smile on my face until I saw him lying there. And then my extended Italian family show up. That's fucking fun as as shit.
I'm computer science as well. I'm probably gonna get my CS degree and then try to go for Computer Engineering much more difficult but it seems cooler.
Why Italy? Do you speak Italian?
>>
>>52925154
excellent choice
>>
>>52925216
>Why Italy?
there's more to do, and I was happier when I lived there
>Do you speak Italian?
yeah, intermediate. my level is B2.
>>
>>52925316
When and where did you live in Italy? B2 is pretty good.
>>
>>52925354
in milan. i'll probably go back there or to bologna to study. not sure if I want to do a masters at 23, starting a career at 25 seems pretty late and i'd like to start earning some money.
>>
>slightly
>continue getting fit, start learning French, attain conversational fluency in German
>it was ok
>the election of Donald Trump
>>
>>52925395
Milan is boring as fuck and full of immigrants. I hated it. But hey, if you love it go for it. As for a masters you should probably get it and certainly before 30 but don't delay your life for it.
>>
File: 1439060886240.jpg (120 KB, 800x673) Image search: [Google]
1439060886240.jpg
120 KB, 800x673
>>52917965
1. Well, me mum and grandpa died in 2014 so it's hard to be worse. Still not good.
2. I don't know
3. I don't know
4. I don't know
>>
>>52925439
why did you think milan was boring? what did you do? it probably has the most events going on than any other city in italy. and it's close enough to other interesting cities for weekend breaks. but yeah, way too many immigrants, that is true.

only reasons I want to do a masters is because I want to study in Bologna, and the subject interests me. (plus its free to study and I could get a scholarship of £10,000), i don't really need a masters.
>>
1. It was better than 2014, it seems like my depression has gone away for good. Came close to having a gf, but no cigar.
2. I have no plans. I'm just going to continue on in school and get good grades, also hopefully get a gf.
3. 2015 was a mixed bag, to say the least. Lots of happenings, the elections are always fun.
4. Definitely the election in November.
>>
>>52925533
There's nothing in Milan! It's just a typical industrialized European city. As for immigrants I'm particularly referring to the ones of a darker complexion... you know?
>>
File: fug.png (19 KB, 864x566) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
19 KB, 864x566
>3. How about your country? What was 2015 like in your Cunt?
>4. What major event will define 2016 for your cunt?

I was at the central railway station in Helsinki, and literally at least half the people were middle eastern. Probably a quarter blacks, then some assorted brown people and the odd Finn. What the hell man. Can't wait til next summer when they start arriving again
>>
>>52925596
>Came close to having a gf, but no cigar.
What blew it?
>>
>>52925601
ah okay, maybe boring for a tourist, but would you rather live in a tourist theme park like florence or venice or a real city like milan/turin/trieste?
>>
Hoping it will go well with this French girl at my work, gave her my number today
>>
>>52925661
The thing is, even for someone who isn't a tourist it's pretty shitty. Italy is full of beautiful and historical cities. I would never pick Milan. And a tourist theme park is better than a Moroccan theme park.
>>
>>52925663
Is she a qt?
>>
>>52925653
I met a British qt on vacation, talked with her a lot a few days, and we had a lot in common (interested in anime, cartoons, stuff like that). She really enjoyed my company and seemed genuinely interested. But, my vacation had to come to an end, leaving me no more chances to talk face to face, and I really suck at texting so even though we kept in contact, there was really no way salvage my plans for a relationship. After a few weeks she got an Indian-British bf who is actually quite similar to me in a lot of regards. It feels bad, but I'm still happy for her nonetheless. We still talk sometimes.
>>
>>52925643

Funland you must stay pure. Fly the flag western Europe even though you are very east.
>>
>>52925820
It's always pretty bad to get attached to someone on vacation. But hey, it's better to have loved and to have lost than to have never loved at all. At least you know that there are people for you out there. You'll find someone, m8.
> Indian-British bf
<insert memes>
>>
>>52925856
Thanks, m8. It feels nice having hope that things will eventually change, I just have to meet the right girl under the right circumstances. Relatedly, I also met another girl this year who basically outright stated she had a crush on me, but as much as I hated to say it I had no romantic affection for her. So I turned her down.

And yeah, I knew I would be inviting trouble when I mentioned the bf's ethnicity, given this is /int/.
>>
>>52926132
>It feels nice having hope that things will eventually change,
They will. For the better.
>Relatedly, I also met another girl this year who basically outright stated she had a crush on me, but as much as I hated to say it I had no romantic affection for her.
That's fine. Don't get into something if you don't feel anything. At the same time however, don't discount the possibility that feelings could develop.
>given this is /int/.
:^)
>>
2015 was the year my life changed completely (for the better for the most part). Really curious what 2016 will bring
>>
>>52926284
How did it change, anon?
>>
>>52917965
Happy new year motherfuckers. Keep on trucking you star child special snowflake weirdoes. May the new year bring you wiefus and gains as big as your turds. signed: Your drunk pal from Iceland.
>>
>>52926293
I accepted my [spoiler] homosexuality [/spoiler] and started to live with it. Had my first bf this year. Although there are new problems coming with being gay, I'm overall a happier person now. Bascially, I started living in 2015.
>>
>>52926132
>I also met another girl this year who basically outright stated she had a crush on me, but as much as I hated to say it I had no romantic affection for her.
iktf. she's a qt, but i'm just not into her. i feel bad because i still text her and stuff because i like to feel wanted.
>>
>>52926453
That sounds pretty nice. Happy for you.

>Although there are new problems coming with being gay
You're not a muslim are you?
>Bascially, I started living in 2015.
ANTIQUATED YEAR
>>
>>52926486
Haha no I've been living here since my birth. New problems in terms of all this love stuff, dating etc. because I never really fell in love with someone up until 2015
>>
>>52926576
>Haha no I've been living here since my birth.
Didn't ask how long you lived in germany. Asked if you're from a muslim background.
> because I never really fell in love with someone up until 2015
Ooo. Be careful. The first love is always the deepest. It changes you.
>New problems in terms of all this love stuff, dating etc
So you're exploring virgin territory. That's fun. You said you have a bf, he will help you through this. You two together.
>>
>>52926422
Thanks, elfbro.
>>
>>52917965
>1. Well, was it? Was 2015 better than 2014?
Almost. I graduated last fall and sat around as a NEET all year. It was nice for the first 6 months, I got to sit around, watch anime, play through my backlog and then I started to hate myself for it.

>2. What are your plans for the new year?
Be NEET for 4 more months, then off to basic training to make something of myself and serve the damn country rather than be a leech.

>3. How about your country? What was 2015 like in your Cunt?
We discussed the election for the coming year nonstop, had some shootings, the usual.

>4. What major event will define 2016 for your cunt?
Probably graduating from basic assuming I don't manage to get court martialed.
>>
>>52926619
No I'm not a muslim, I'm not a religious person and neither is my family, everybody from my family accepted it.
>The first love is always the deepest. It changes you
Yeah the first time I fell in love was with a straight guy which wasn't very nice and it has definitely changed me
>You said you have a bf
Had. For three months but he broke up in August. Sucked but I moved on pretty quickly actually
>>
>>52926860
You try to turn the straight guy gay?
You'll find someone. 2016 will hold great pleasures for you.
>>
>>52927071
I told him that I fell in love with him (which was really hard obv). He reacted pretty well actually, accepted it and didn't tell anyone about my feelings. However he said he was straight and he can't return my feelings (what I expected). After that I really felt like a new person (that was in March) and signed up for some gay dating sites.
>>
>>52927203
So it didn't go to bad and I'm sure it took a bunch of pressure off of you. Sounds like a nice friend.
> After that I really felt like a new person
:3
>signed up for some gay dating sites.
Have fun and wear a condom.
>>
>>52927269
>it took a bunch of pressure off of you
Oh man it did.
>Sounds like a nice friend
I didn't fall in love with him without reason, kek
>Have fun and wear a condom.
I will, alhough I'm not looking for sex, just a bf.

And how was 2015 for you, Anon?
>>
>>52927323
>Oh man it did.
That's always good. It's a bit cliched these days but it always seems to be an accurate cliche.
>I didn't fall in love with him without reason, kek
I-Is he a qt?
>I will, alhough I'm not looking for sex, just a bf.
I know. But HIV/AIDS is making a resurgence (at least in the US) because people seem to be under the impression that a cure is but years away. They don't mind taking the risk. Don't take the risk, friend.
>And how was 2015 for you, Anon?
Bad. But I prefer not to dwell on it.
>>
Are we going to make it, anons?
>>
File: cucciolo_pastore_big_tedesco3.jpg (111 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
cucciolo_pastore_big_tedesco3.jpg
111 KB, 800x600
>>52927399
Good question. I think we all need big change in our lives. Whatever we're doing now hasn't been working, we need to throw ourselves out of our comfort zones. for example, I might buy a dog.
>>
File: 1424519558249.png (101 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1424519558249.png
101 KB, 500x366
>>52927399
I hope so. But hope is fleeting.
Ultimately, we have to make the change. We have to have the drive to change ourselves. Because no one else will help us with any of this.
>>
>>52927399
That depends on whether you're willing to take the initiative to make it.
>>
>>52927377
>I-Is he a qt?
Oh yes
>Don't take the risk, friend.
Some gays seem really naive when it comes down to AIDS but I really wouldn't risk it so I always do Safer Sex
>Bad. But I prefer not to dwell on it.
That sucks, but I'm sure you can leave the burdens of 2015 behind and move on with your life!
>>
>>52927444
>I might buy a dog.
A dog is a lot of responsibility. Don't get one if you're gonna end up regretting. Dog-sit for a week to make sure it's right for you.
The amount of cunts who adopt dogs and then just turn them loose in a park. It's fucking disgusting.
>>
File: 1420071769461.png (7 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
1420071769461.png
7 KB, 205x246
>>52927473
>>52927444
>Ultimately, we have to make the change.
the scary part is that I already know perfectly well that I will NEVER make that change. I will literally become one of those rare 40-year-old posters you see on 4chan every once in a while. Fucking hell I hope I at least off myself before that happens.
>>
>>52927505
do you own a dog? can you give me some advice?

How big should my place be? I don't want the dog to be in place too small. I want a german shepherd

Is it cruel to leave the dog at home when I'm at work?

Can you train a dog yourself or do I need to send it to school?
>>
>>52927565
>How big should my place be?
I'd say at least a 2 bedroom for any dog, and at least a 3 bedroom for a big dog like a German shepherd.

>Is it cruel to leave the dog at home when I'm at work?
Yes and no. It's very common and perfectly doable, assuming you don't have super long hours, but ideally it should be avoided.

>Can you train a dog yourself
Yes, but I would recommend adopting a dog who's already been trained if you're completely unfamiliar with it. And as the other anon recommended, don't simply buy it right away, babysit it for at least a week before making your decision. Remember, if all goes well you could have that dog for something like 15 years. That's a long fucking time.
>>
>>52927399
Yes. It's not 2013-2014 anymore, and I can do this.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.