[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think the IRA were justified?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 2QcyVbY.jpg (43 KB, 340x480) Image search: [Google]
2QcyVbY.jpg
43 KB, 340x480
Do you think the IRA were justified?
>>
I remember reading stories of them bombing places, then leaving delayed explosives so the firemen coming to rescue civilians would get blown to pieces as well.
>>
>>52906089
yes
>>
>>52906089
they were terrorists
>>
we fucked stuff up with the irish but that shit isn't justified, only makes both sides more extreme

basically marxist scum taking advantage of sectarian differences to chimp out
>>
>>52906191
Seems unlikely, they usually called in warnings so that only property was damaged.
If this really happened it was probably some faggot splinter group like the Continuity IRA
>>
>>52906204
hate yanks
>>
>>52906089
Yes.
Eternal Anglo must die.
>>
>>52906289
Really? They almost assassinated our prime minister.

Northern Ireland made their democratic choice.
>>
Fuck the english
>>
>>52906089
The original IRA who worked to establish Ireland as a separate nation had some points.
The ones who kept fighting to bring North Ireland into the Republic messed up the chance that it would ever split from the UK.

Originally I think its justified, but everything past Irish independence wasn't.
>>
Yeah, sure.
>>
>>52906358
this
>>
>>52906362
Heads of state are fair game.
Plus it was fucking Thatcher.
>>
Yes pretty much.

Anyway, why aren't you fighting with your brethren, OP?
>>
kind of wish we could be friends with russia
>>
>>52906510
And Major
>>
>>52906358
>Eternal Anglo must die.
>>
>>52906514
But I am, a chara
IIDF reporting in
>>
>>52906089
Anyone fighting the eternal anglo is justified in doing so.
>>
Dont care, imo the ireland and uk you know will become the same multicultural wastelands in coming years. IRA did some pretty unreasonable violent things though that served no tactical purpose
>>
I swear by the 1990's most Ira people were mole and rats
>>
File: 1450735193686.jpg (51 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1450735193686.jpg
51 KB, 600x600
>>52906294
*summons leprechaun magick from my ancestral blood*
*teleports to your UDF barracks*
Hey there, sissy imperialist!
*Smacks you with my ancestral shillelagh folded 1000 times in the volcanic forges of Tyrone*
Actually, it is personell... kid
>>
>>52906627
>that served no tactical purpose
yes it did
>>
>>52906089
I think it's weird that there's strict gun control in Ireland after they secured independence with guns, you would think they'd realize an armed populace cannot be subjugated by the government easily.
>>52906255
What would be the appropriate measure against the English if not violence? They didn't really have many choices, and it worked.
>>52906362
Didn't the English flood northern Ireland with voters to secure it or something similarly dishonest? I've heard that the whole ordeal was questionable.
>>
for some reason where i live in california is flooded with irish expats and all they do when they drink is complain about the "troubles"
>>
>>52906089
You're a catholic living in Belfast circa 1965.
You and your family are deeply oppressed politically, economically, and culturally.
What do you do about it?
-You can't vote, because all of the electoral districts are gerrymandered to ensure a Protestant victory.
-You can't march in a protest, because the police routinely attack such gatherings with lethal force.
-You can't join a political party, because this instantly puts you on a terrorist watchlist, meaning your family will be put under surveillance and harassed by the security forces at every turn.

When all peaceful avenues are denied to you, what other choice do you have but to pick up a rifle?
You might not agree with the IRA's methods, but surely you can understand what drove people to join.
>>
>>52907097
>Didn't the English flood northern Ireland with voters to secure it or something similarly dishonest?
Yes and no
Scottish and English people moved to Ulster very early on and by the time Ireland wanted independence, there was a considerable Protestant, British population in Ulster.
>>
fuck no
>>
>>52906089
fuck ETA PKK PLO and IRA
>>
>>52907750
The Turks are literally a terrorist race.
>>
>>52907837
>he thinks there are Turks living in Turkey
kek
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.