[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A question for atheists: if you knew the Christian God existed,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: The_God_Delusion_UK.jpg (39 KB, 328x500) Image search: [Google]
The_God_Delusion_UK.jpg
39 KB, 328x500
A question for atheists: if you knew the Christian God existed, would you support him, or oppose (no, I don't expect a uniform answer)?
>>
>>52904083
Of course we would oppose him
Read some Kierkegaard you dumb amerifuck
>>
so believing god out of fear?
>>
>>52904083
Neither.
>>
Of course I'd support him, because I'd have no other choice.

It'd be an omnipotent dictatorship.
>>
Support. But if it was Allah, then fuck him. And no, they're not the same God.
>>
>>52904575
nobody mentioned muslims at all, why are you so obsessed with muslims?
>>
>>52904575
>they're not the same God.
Do you feel the same about Judaism?
>>
>>52904559
this
>>
>>52904083
If I knew the Christian God existed I would have no choice but to believe he existed. Therefore I would be saved, and so would everyone else.

The questions answers itself, really. You can't exactly oppose an omnipotent/etc being. It's not like with Greek gods you can trick. Everything comes out as god plans, including your success or failure. So once you know he's there, you either get saved or you go into denial. It's theological endgame. There isn't really anywhere to go once belief & grace become fact & knowledge.
>>
Probably oppose, since I highly doubt he would think about humanity's best interest or if he did it looks like he is pretty shitty at his job.

It would be interesting if other deities existed in this scenario, at least organized religions would be pretty dope.
>>
>>52904083
It's like a totalitarian dictatorship: your ruler is evil and complete shit, but you can't oppose him openly, you should support him.
>>
File: 1448321318882.png (2 MB, 770x1778) Image search: [Google]
1448321318882.png
2 MB, 770x1778
Which god? Assuming no context is given beside him being very powerful and the creator of all I'd have no strong feeling about him.
If he wanted to be worshipped I'd think he's kind of an asshole.
>>
>>52904083
If their was definitive proof, including the Heaven+Hell afterlife, I'd rush out to my nearest Church and repent immediately.

I'd spend the rest of my life as a God fearing Christian.
>>
>>52905292
mentality of a slave exposed
>>
>>52905517
oh shit missed you said the christian one, Jesus is alright, but I don't like the do as I say or burn eternally part
so I guess I'd be against him oppressing mankind
muh freedoms
>>
>>52905292
It's more like, your ruler is evil and complete shit, but since every other option, including that asshole rival dictator Lucifer, is shit, it's better to stick with the Devil you know, and be a servile follower.
>>
My shitty fleeting life vs eternity in paradise?

I'd do anything asked of me obviously.
>>
>>52905771
Lucifer is a freedom fighter, he gave us the fruit of knowledge.
>>
>>52904083
I would sell my soul to Satan.
>>
>>52906160
>estonia
it checks out, welcome to hell district 435,
stipclubs are down the main street booz is always on bighorn but you have to pay for water
>>
>>52905941
Which we ended up using shitposting on 4chan.
>>
>>52904083
If G_d existed, it would be necessary to destroy Her.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.