[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is monolinguality the indicator of degenerate, barbaric people?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1447094926357.jpg (174 KB, 600x709) Image search: [Google]
1447094926357.jpg
174 KB, 600x709
Is monolinguality the indicator of degenerate, barbaric people?

In Rome, the educated, wealthy, affluent class spoke Classical and Vulgar Latin, as well as Greek, and the dialectal Latin from their region. The plebians spoke Vulgar and maybe Classical Latin. The Celts and Gauls were barbarians who only spoke their language.

Poor South/Central Americans only speak Spanish or Portuguese, and they are seen as uncultured, uncivilized people who deserve the pity of the rest of the world.

Africans, Arabs, and Asians who only speak their language are trapped in their country, doomed to be poor and degenerate for their whole petty existence; furthermore, the Arab refugees in Europe only speak their dialect of Arabic, and they are as outcasted because they are seen as barbaric in the eyes of society.

What does that mean for Americans? Are we, as a country, degenerate and uncivilized barbarians?
>>
>>52892265
Yes.
>>
Yes, it is. Speaking more languages actually helps you to be more efficient, for example, a university homework on complicated topic, which requires you to research resources of the internet. For example, knowing Russian and English has actually helped me to find info, and then I just translate it into the required language of the task.

t. Trilingual anon in IB programme
>>
Yes. I speak 4 languages and I'm a retard.
>>
>>52893543
seconded
knowing English helps immensely when you're trying to research something

t. Albert Bartoš
>>
>>52892265
I speak three languages and i'm a degenerate moron.
>>
>>52893692
t. Alberts Barbošs
>>
>>52893746
French, English and Spanish/German r-right?
>>
>>52893746
arabic doesnt count
>>
Yes.

t. speak 7 languages
>>
>>52893911
same here
>>
>>52893911
Impressive, anon, mind telling which ones do you know?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.