[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ground troops on Syria
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: syria1.jpg (446 KB, 900x816) Image search: [Google]
syria1.jpg
446 KB, 900x816
Why can't we just send ground troops to Syria instead of bombing them? That would minimize the collateral damage, no?
>>
>>52890269
usuk
>>
Against whom exactly should the ground troops fight?
>>
if you want to send ground troops brazil be my guest
>>
>>52894549
ISIS, Salafist groups, Assad
>>
>>52890269
>Soldiers would die
>>
>>52890269
because the 'weapons of mass destruction' meme won't work again
>>
1. Ground troops = combat = casualties = bad press
2. Who do you fight?
3. For who do you fight?

Syria should be balkanized. Iraq too. They are not real countries, they are just remnants of colonial empires where the monarch has been replaced by a secular dictator. If the violence in the Middle-East is to stop, the different minorities/majorities have to get borders and rulers that reflect ethnics and religions.
>>
File: 1450699378311.png (1 MB, 1500x1634) Image search: [Google]
1450699378311.png
1 MB, 1500x1634
>>
>>52894757
So against everyone, except maybe the Kurds? Do you know how stupid that would be?
>>52894924
Wow, that really is a retarded picture. The cockroach internet defence force has a lot to learn from the JIDF
>>
>>52890269
Assad doesn't want it and he is backed by Russia
>>
>>52894924
Allegiances change through time. Remember Crimean war?
>>
>>52890269
Because, middle east is middle east problem. We, brazilians, have nothing to do with it. Muslims are happy here and we dont invade their countries, so we're safe from terrorism. Let the burgers and europeans waste their money on military.
>>
>>52890269
>ground troops
>less damage

t. I have no idea how modern combat works>>52894447
>>
>>52894757
All of them? That's a sure fire plan for never-ending mission creep and no mission focus. That would be a disaster.
>>
>>52896061
actually that'd be even easier, just target anyone and everyone armed.
>>
>>52896173

>Indian "edumacation"
>>
File: 1451009059123.png (185 KB, 861x405) Image search: [Google]
1451009059123.png
185 KB, 861x405
>you will never get to do this
>>
So... There is no solution for syria?
>>
>>52897389
There is, close down border with Turkey and ISIS is over.
>>
>>52897473
Geez, nobody seems to like the turks.
>>
>even in GTA slavs fight against each other
>>
File: 1315782598854.png (186 KB, 470x478) Image search: [Google]
1315782598854.png
186 KB, 470x478
>tfw just finished dpleoyment
>every day would hear jets taking off from the flight deck to go bomb random shit in Syria
>mfw I know they're going to aim at loyalist assad forces too instead of just the same buttfuck rebels that became ISIS that we supported

I was always happy when I read that people were butthurt that russians were bombing 'US supported rebels.' What a fucking waste that we're still trying to kill that place that did nothing wrong
>>
>>52897570
Fuck, wrong thread haha
I love rakija so much

>>52897559
There will be a massive turskish shitstorm there, if any military movement (SAA, FSA, Kurds) try to do that
>>
>>52897473
lol, sure thing buddy. Smuggling doesn't exist, right?
>>
>>52897700
>mfw I know they're going to aim at loyalist assad forces too
Could you provide a source for the US bombing Assad or his allies? Before you mention the bomb in Dier Ezzor was never confirmed by anyone, so that's one's ambiguous.
>>
>>52898000
yeah but that would significantly downscale their operations, smuggling can get them what? 1/10th of what they currently get as opposed to the unchecked situation atm?
>>
>>52898345
He said "ISIS is over". It would definitely be a blow to them, but not destroy them. Remember they conquered Raqqa before they had control of any border with Turkey.
>>
>>52898345
WHY ISN'T ANYONE DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THE TURKS?
>>
This is like some basic Power Rangers shit, you don't escalate a fight
>>
>>52898616
that was with the "charity" they'd collected from door to door and taking over former Al-Quaeda resources, they organised it well for the time but that's since run out, they weren't dealing with russia at the time either, once the trade and supplies from tueky stops their already rapidly shrinking footprint will shrink in turbo mode down to very extinction lickity spilt.
>>52898682
NATO and muh buffer to Russian influence in europe.
>>
>>52890269
Because then they would spend less time killing each other and more time killing us.

We'll achieve peace in the middle east only when the second to last Muslim blows up the last Muslim with a suicide belt. Just let them be, this is what the Islamic world wants.
>>
>>52898946
But they keep moving to other countries.
>>
>>52898890
>down to very extinction
I doubt it. They have a wealth of experience working with little resources and using insurgent and terrorist tactics, they will switch back to those as they lose control of cities and towns. There will probably be more emphasis on their foreign wilayats as well.
>>
>>52899004
So stop allowing Muslims in. Problem solved.
>>
>>52899019
It's almost like there's nothing we can do. These people just won't stop killing themselves.

>>52899103
That's not going to happen.
>>
>>52899191
There is literally no reason it cannot happen.
>>
>>52894924
>tortured shia child

Where is the video? Looks pretty brutal.
>>
>>52899221
The jewish overlords won't let it happen.
>>
>>52899019
>They have a wealth of experience working with little resources and using insurgent and terrorist tactics
agreed but that's going to push them back to the same irrelavent level they were until ISIS absorbed the ghazillion fringe militant groups in the area.
>There will probably be more emphasis on their foreign wilayats as well.
that'll bring the heat on them far worse even if they've infiltrated in hordes in guise of refugees as sleeper cells they'd still get fucked by western security forces because you still outnumber them for the time being.
>>
>>52899468
Bullshit excuse. It is perfectly possible.
>>
>>52899502
>agreed but that's going to push them back to the same irrelavent level they were until ISIS absorbed the ghazillion fringe militant groups in the area.
They weren't irrelevant, they were one of the main focuses of the American surge, which almost did destroy them but they came back in spectacular style. If they're beaten again they will stay as a low-level threat until another opportunity arises for them to make gains.

>western security forces
I meant their operations in Libya, Egypt, Afghanistan, and Nigeria.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.