[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Duolingo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_2015-12-30-12-19-52.png (92 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-30-12-19-52.png
92 KB, 1080x1920
Duolingo thread? Duolingo thread.

Why does skirt use the masculine "der"? Do you like wearing skirts, anon?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-31-11-24-44.png (52 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-31-11-24-44.png
52 KB, 1080x1920
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mbEUR6IEifA

I feel like "Ich bin eine Banane" is a Don Hertzfeldt reference.
>>
Anyone learning multiple languages at once?
>>
>>52866915
>das Madchen
>>52867212
Don't do it.
>>
>>52866915
The articles rarely have anything to do with the word they belong to.
>>
>>52867288
But don't Europeans grow up learning multiple languages at once?
>>
>>52867434
Maybe in countries like Belgium, Luxemburg or Switzerland, but rather not in France, Germany or Spain (unless you live in some region like Catalonia), I don't know for sure. But my point was that you should rather master one language and only then start learning another one, unless, of course, it's only a hobby.
>>
>>52866915
"Rock" originally referred to coats and gowns.
>>
>>52867434
BTW, what is your opinion on that Duolingo? Do you see any significant progress? Two days ago I finished Portuguese to English and my feelings are rather mixed, for example there are only several drills that require translating sentences into that language you learn, basically you are forced to do a "reversed tree" to find more drills like that.
>>
>>52867940
I like the German duolingo, although it doesn't explain grammatical rules, so I'm taking the effort to look them up.

With the German Duolingo, it gets you to translate phrases or small, simple texts, but nothing bigger.

I'm treating it as a base learning tool with which to supplement with extra stuff on the side. It isn't perfect, but it's pretty good.
>>
the russian one used to be shit but now i think its better
>>
>>52868784
Oh hey, I remember you from my previous thread
>>
>>52868212
>it doesn't explain grammatical rules
Yea, I have the same problem with Portuguese. The German course is probably the best, it has about 120 thematic groups (I mean those "circles" you are supposed to pass), while Portuguese has only about 60-70.
>>
>>52868851
no you dont, unless you previous thread was a month ago
>>
>>52868929
how is portuguese, is it br or po?
>>
>imperfect
>past continuous
Literally what is the difference familia.
>>
>>52869330
Brazilian, you can (sometimes) answer using European Portuguese, but not always.
>>
How do you ask questions in German? Do you just put a question mark on the end?

For instance, if "Das ist richtig" is "That is right", does that make " Das is richtig?" mean "is that right?" or would I use "Ist das Richtig"?
>>
learn irish grma
>>
>>52867434
Here in Portugal we learn english from 1st grade up to the last grade, the 12th. Somewhere in the middle (usually 7th grade) you pick up a new language (mandarin, german, french or spanish).
>>
>>52873537
Spanish would be easy for you guys to learn, wouldn't it?

Also, you guys learn Mandarin? Shieeet.

And is learning a second language compulsory?
>>
>>52872768
Are Scottish Gaelic and Irish Gaelic quite similar to eachother?
>>
>>52867212
I'm gonna start soon. I took four years of German in HS, but I forgot most of it in the past two years, so I've been relearning it. I start French classes on Monday.
>>
>>52874529
Dreaming of leaving the land of the free?
>>
>>52874608
Not permanently. It's my home. It would be nice to spend a few years living abroad though.
>>
>>52872583
You use subject verb inversion to form questions.
So it should be "Ist das richtig?"

Das ist meine Katze.
Ist das meine Katze?

Du bist Student.
Bist du Student?

and so on.
>>
File: slavoj_zizek.jpg (155 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
slavoj_zizek.jpg
155 KB, 660x440
>>52876369
Ah cool, so just like English.

And so on, and so on.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.