[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT we discuss possible meetings with aliens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: ayy_lmaos_ain't_no_bros.png (214 KB, 1348x1086) Image search: [Google]
ayy_lmaos_ain't_no_bros.png
214 KB, 1348x1086
Let's start with pic related. This scared the shit out of me.
>>
File: edb.jpg (111 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
edb.jpg
111 KB, 1152x864
>>52822451
>>>/x/
>>
>>52822538
Come on, people there would not be able to discuss this sort of thing. They're all enthusiasts freaks. I need unbiased opinion on what's written in that pic, that you probably didn't read at all.
>>
>>52822644
I think that, if we were to encounter a hostile alien race, we would win.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Humanity_Fuck_Yeah

We're very dangerous to our enemies.
>>
>>52822712
>"We poison our air and water to weed out the weak! We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere! We nailed our God to a stick! Don't fuck with the human race!"

badfuckingass.
>>
Civilizations far more developed than us probably have epic biotech and bot engineering.
So, I think what we get first-contact with would be their scouting system or some other AI that isn't one of themselves.
I love atmosphere of alien-related urban legends of the US though.
>>
Extinction isn't that much of a worry to me tbqh. As long as we go out fighting, that's all I can ask for.
>>
File: 1437883076403.png (350 KB, 576x700) Image search: [Google]
1437883076403.png
350 KB, 576x700
>>52822987
Hell yeah.
> GENOCIDE! MINING! GENOCIDE! MINING! GENOCIDE! MINING!
>>
>>52823486
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M
>>
File: 1436023905527.jpg (134 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1436023905527.jpg
134 KB, 800x800
>>52824085
Fuck yeah. See, Brazilbro? Humanity, especially Americans, will not be beaten down by some pussy aliens.
>>
>>52822644
Oi OP, have you read Blindsight by Peter Watts?
To me, it seemed like a pretty nice book about meeting alien lifeforms, though it wasn't exactly as gloomy as the scenario in your pic, and it touched other subjects as well (mainly neuroanatomy and stuff)
Book can be read free of charge from the writer's webpage: http://www.rifters.com/real/Blindsight.htm

As for your question about meetings with aliens, I'd say that there is no reason to panic. Either everything goes peachy or we have no chances at all.
I say this since it's highly probable that there is a huge technology gap between us and the other possible aliens. Either we are tens to hundreds of thousands of years better than them (our cultural evolution has lasted for only about 10 000 years, after all), or they are.
If we are the more advanced civilization, then fine: no holocaust for us. We'll be happily exploring our neighbourhood with telescopes and such, and perhaps at some point with lightweight Neumann probes. Perhaps even some colonies using Neumann probes as seeds and and sending the information for the colony (how to make buildings, people(?), other stuff) as information, perhaps using high-energy lasers. However, I highly doubt there will be any big mass transfer between solar systems; it's just too costly without star trek/star wars-tier tech. Perhaps kinetic projectiles like your pic proposed will become "economical" (as in it takes one solar system's civilization's entire energy throughput for years to shoot, just to destroy a colony of a inferior civilization lightyears away. Kinda like the USA is using their multi-million bombs against ISIS and their cheap equipment). Radio comms would be the likely way of "meeting".
If we are the inferior civilization, then we have no reason to worry. Either we can't destroy the other civilization and they won't retaliate because of that, or we'll be wiped away before we even know it. I say there are bigger risks for us, like our own actions.
>>
>>52825013
Thanks for taking time with that great reply. I'll read the book.

>>52824282
Americans don't take shit from anyone, right?
>>
>>52822451
>scared by a Jew
/pol/ pls go
>>
>>52822712
>>52822987
Lol. /tg/ grognards are adorable with their asinine 12 year old power fantasies and lack of applicable understanding of actual military or scientific capabilities of a first contact scenario.

I wonder how it really would turn out if we met a hostile species an order of magnitude more capable of destruction than us. But it probably won't end with will smith punching one out.
>>
>>52827810
Dude, i know that we would be wiped out within seconds if an advanced alien species wants to.

>>52827339
You are the one calling him a jew.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.