[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so, what happened to Greece? Economic crisis, banks closing and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: greece-map.gif (155 KB, 688x599) Image search: [Google]
greece-map.gif
155 KB, 688x599
so, what happened to Greece? Economic crisis, banks closing and all that
it seemed really bad, but then the media stopped giving a fuck and moved to immigrants and terrorism
How's Greece faring today?
>>
greece is a social construct
>>
I guess nobody knows then ;_;
>>
>>52800840
Capital controls still in force (you can withdraw only up to 420 euro per week, some problems with paypal transactions)

Also, a lot of new taxes have been introduced. The so called ENFIA tax for home owners is particularly brutal.
>>
File: bigM.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
bigM.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
Instead of moving left they moved right, and while that helped the gov and the bankers (the men who started this mess) the people are still suffering. Iceland did the opposite of every other country (jailing bankers, rescuing people) and it's already out of the crisis, not to mention it's one of the best places to live.
>>
>>52802122
Compare Iceland population to Greece
And Iceland is huge remote island, a lot easier to defend it from angry bankers
>>
>>52802561
What do you mean by angry bankers?
>>
>>52802122
Desu right here
>>
>>52800840
Everything that happens in Greece follows a pattern. People complain a lot and they get the media's attention. Then they get used to it and don't complain as much. Then everyone stops giving a shit. The End
>>
>>52803161
Yea but I was in Greece in 2008 and your country seemed like it had its shit together really well.

Not sure how people are willing to accept such a sharp drop in quality of life so quickly.
>>
>>52800840
the poor are pretty much dead at this point
the middleclass struggles not to become poor
the rich are having the time of their life
aka what happens to the rest of the world
>>
>>52803247
in 2008 the house market crash happened in the us,if you remember correctly
then you asked the money back from germany
then germany asked money back from us
suddem=nly,the debt became "unsustainable",but they kepr loaning us anyway because lol we have to keep them as minions a little longer
tl;dr greece has debt to repay that was withheld from the public by politicians and bankers,and now we pay the price
weeew
>>
>>52803247
Well I guess most of the greeks have been through worse stuff so we've learned to adapt. Religion also plays an important role since people have faith and don't lose hope easily. That's what I think at least
>>
>>52803334
i understand the situation, and i was there before the crisis

you didnt really answer my question, just gave a brief overview of what happened and blamed everyone except your government
>>
>>52803355
thx for the answer, i like you guys and your country but still i gotta baka at some people blaming the situation on completely external factors
>>
>>52803391
but i blamed the government on the tl;dr,and by extension the greeks themselves
the debt existed in 2008,but they trusted us with it
in a month germany was like"no greece,we dont trust you anymore,pay it right nao"
debt is a weird thing,but i cant really explain it to you better in an analogy you will understand,since america is too big of a country to get debt bullied
>>
>>52803483
i understand debt and agree that germany debt bullied you

i actually missed the part where you said it was withheld by the politicans and bankers cause i just woke up, i wouldnt have said any of that if i had caught that part
>>
>>52803442
Thanks, I get what you're saying too. The average person won't admit his mistakes but greeks have taken it to a new level. Everyone contributed to the current situation, others more, others less but still it shouldn't be a taboo to take the blame. Only If everyone stops putting the blame on others and starts judging himself will we start getting out of this mess.
>>
File: v1766BG.jpg (53 KB, 500x732) Image search: [Google]
v1766BG.jpg
53 KB, 500x732
The works of Karl Marx are the only way to truly free the worker from the opression of the burgeouise
>>
File: 1450885059843.jpg (115 KB, 600x853) Image search: [Google]
1450885059843.jpg
115 KB, 600x853
>>52803792

You're probably trolling, but you're right
>>
File: 3lqaTAg.jpg (183 KB, 530x700) Image search: [Google]
3lqaTAg.jpg
183 KB, 530x700
>>52803873
Not even.
>>
>>52803792
>>52803907
Too bad USSR forsaken their traditional Greek ally for Turks
>>
>>52803247
>Yea but I was in Greece in 2008 and your country seemed like it had its shit together really well.

It didn't, but all that easy euro money could paper over the cracks, until the first crisis happened and the only option left was a long and painful internal devaluation to restore competitiveness.

>>52802561
>Compare Iceland population to Greece

Iceland has its own currency, so it didn't suffer from the terrible austerity decisions made by the ECB.
>>
I thought /int/ being leftist was just a mere meme
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.