[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The Japanese civilians deserved it >It was the only way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
>The Japanese civilians deserved it
>It was the only way we could win the war
>It was the kindest thing we could do
>It was fair payback for Pearl Harbour

Do non-Americans really believe these things?
>>
Of course non-Americans believe all our propaganda.
>>
>>52789877
t. Nip Nakamura
>>
File: trace of a sitting man.png (255 KB, 606x395) Image search: [Google]
trace of a sitting man.png
255 KB, 606x395
this is what happens to you when you stay 200m away from where nuke dropped.
>>
>>52789877
Well it was either that or a full-scale invasion of mainland Japan.
>>
File: images (7).jpg (5 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
5 KB, 318x159
>>52789877
>Do non-Americans really believe these things?

Yes. Non-americansare stupid enough to think Saddam threatened the west with WMDs, when he repeatedly denied ever having them, even asked for investigators to come and check it out before the war.
>>
File: 1450394008899.png (325 KB, 444x579) Image search: [Google]
1450394008899.png
325 KB, 444x579
>>52789877
>wasting hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of American soldiers invading Japan, which have caused infinitely more casualties than the two bombs
>or drop the two bombs and no Americans die
>>
Seriously, what is their obsession with Pearl Harbour?

I dont understand it, have the japs targeted civilians there? No, right? Why is it considered payback by nuking civilians into ashes?
>>
>>52789877

>Do non-Americans really believe these things?

Not in Turkey. Whenever someone mentions America being "nice and peaceful" people talk about one of those 3 things.

1. Hiroshima&Nagazaki
2. Civilians in Iraq&Afghanistan
3. Natives
>>
>>52790249

Sneak attacks without a declaration of war tend to piss the population of countries off. It's like the difference between getting cold-cocked by some asshole randomly vs knowing you are going to be fighting someone and getting punched by them.
>>
NEVER FORGET
>>
>>52790249
Americans are brainwashed people.
>>
>>52790249
>Seriously, what is their obsession with Pearl Harbour?

9/11 only killed 3,000 people. It's not a spit in the bucket of civilians the US killed in the name of freedoms, but you don't see that stopping anybody from using it.
>>
>>52789877
to be completely fair, the amount of civilian casualties that would have resulted from the invasion of japan would have been multiple times higher
>>
>>52789877
What
>>
>>52790298
>Sneak attacks without a declaration of war tend to piss the population of countries off. It's like the difference between getting cold-cocked by some asshole randomly vs knowing you are going to be fighting someone and getting punched by them.
>American education

if you think the US wasn't being hostile with japan before pearl harbor you're fucking retarded
>>
>>52790298
I did that all the time in civ5 and no one ever nuked me for it.
>>
The invasion of Japan would have cost more lives desu
>>
File: 1447045415001.jpg (127 KB, 452x680) Image search: [Google]
1447045415001.jpg
127 KB, 452x680
>>52790249
They were in the process of smoothing things over with America with trade deals when they bombed the harbor, and then expected us to be bend over and sue peace.

They lied through their fucking teeth and smiled while giving FDR the ultimatum.
>>
>>52790363
I believe their logic is, if they hadn't nuked the war would drag on for much longer and would have caused more death. So they did the Japanese people a favour by nuking them and ending it early.

Maybe an American can clarify
>>
>>52789877
They deserved it for killing 20 million+. Chinese
>>
File: 1369709932968.jpg (2 MB, 2597x1917) Image search: [Google]
1369709932968.jpg
2 MB, 2597x1917
Fuck em
>>
>>52790467
>>52790363
The Japanese committed mass-suicide on Okinawa after the US occupied the island.
Imagine that but instead its all of Japan.
>>
>>52790366

Not letting Japan buy our oil to continue their vicious invasion of China where they attacked our civilians (Panay Incident and more) and when we explicitly warned them multiple times that they were going to be cut off from our oil if they continued was not being "hostile".
>>
>>52790507
wasn't Russia also close to starting their invasion?
Could have resulted in a Korea situation
>>
>>52790507
You really think an entire country would commit mass suicide?
>>
>>52790363
American believe it...

atomic bomb was better than fire bombing.

But then why didn't USA use atomic bomb for other war?
>>
>>52789877
>The civilians of the Asia Pacfic deserved it
>It was the only way we could win the Prosperity Sphere
>It was fair payback for getting in the way of the Japanese Empire
>>
The dropping of the A-bombs and fire bombing of Tokyo were war crimes.

This is a fact.

There is no excuse or reason to commit a war crime.
>>
>>52789877
They should be thankful they only got two.
>>
>>52790553

Because the bomb wasn't ready by the time Germany surrendered. The Trinity test didn't happen until June, long after Germany surrendered.
>>
>>52790507
they think suicide is better than raped by american soldiers.

and it was right.
>>
>>52790604
And what about the wars after ww2?
>>
>>52790557
John-san in Yokota pls go
>>
>>52790572
>The dropping of the A-bombs and fire bombing of Tokyo were war crimes.
>This is a fact.
No they weren't. By 1945 standards they were factually neither.
>>52790553
We would have, it wasn't finished yet.
>>
>>52790467
Pretty much. Instead of what could have been an invasion and campaign throughout mainland Japan that could have taken years and cost millions of lives we decided to drop the bombs
>>
>>52790543
Because the Soviet Union declared war on Japan before they capitulated they got to admin North Korea.

It is the reason why two Koreas exist, if they got to advance into Japan then most of Asia would be Liberty v Communist.
>>
>>52790322
123,000 + 26,000 civilians does not equal over a million senpai. Plus you're also ignoring that a war was already going on in Afghanistan between the Taliban and Northern Alliance but when the Taliban didn't turn over their Al Qaeda buddies who killed 3,000 civilians in a morning, we decided there side wasn't going to be running Kabul anymore.
>>
>>52790637
We would have if not for those meddling Russians.
>>
>>52790634
>they think suicide is better than raped by american soldiers.
I'm pretty sure WWII era Japan had no right to complain about rapes in any form
>>
>>52790634
>tfw no big strong white American to rape my Japanese boipucci
>>
>>52790467
Yeah i guess that was the explanation but still reading "kindness" next to dropping atomic bombs is kinda fucked up
>>
File: americans will justify this.jpg (4 MB, 2362x2955) Image search: [Google]
americans will justify this.jpg
4 MB, 2362x2955
>>52789877
Person in US here.

Only the uneducated believe that shit. Many who are learned on American foreign policy (i.e. Libertarians) know that it most certainly was not justified and that many innocents died for crimes they had no part in. It's actually kinda sickening that people still defend this shit.

Nukes should be destroyed.
>>
>>52790648
They factually were, bud.

Notions of a 'just war' and what war crimes are have been defined for an absurd amount of time.
>>
>>52790543
They made an anime about it
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Place_Promised_in_Our_Early_Days
>>
File: kek for freedoms.jpg (2 MB, 2724x3571) Image search: [Google]
kek for freedoms.jpg
2 MB, 2724x3571
>>52790671
>123,000 + 26,000 civilians

No.
>>
>>52790184
Well not to mention military deaths aside the civilian dead would be massive, we'd keep bombing their cities, and to take their capital would be like Stalingrad or Berlin levels of destruction.
>>
>>52790604
I was talking about vietnam and other war.

your country belive vietnamese are crazy commie shit.vietnamese never gave up war like imperial Japan.

then americans lost war for vietnam's guts.
why didn't use atomic bomb for vietnam war if americans believe it was best choice for end up of war?
>>
File: Atomic bombing death tolls.png (75 KB, 320x550) Image search: [Google]
Atomic bombing death tolls.png
75 KB, 320x550
>>52790184
>no Americans die
American education.
>>
>>52790737
Hiroshima was the largest IJA base in Japan.

Factually not a warcrime leftiecuck, no matter how much you want it to.
>>
>>52790726
>lolbertarians
>learned on american foreign policy

Other than that you are right.
>>
>>52789877
Get the fuck out of my country revisionist Marxist scum.
>>
They deserved it for Unit 731.

And the American's deserve nuking for trying to bury evidence of Unit 731.
>>
File: 1315072688969.png (17 KB, 612x567) Image search: [Google]
1315072688969.png
17 KB, 612x567
>>52790815
>when the shitposter become the shitposted

pls pls pls
>>
>>52790784
That would have made the cold war become ww3
>>
>>52790786
Please don't go comparing 20 dead POWs to the masses that would've died during an invasion of Japan. Please.
>>
>>52790546
Have you ever actually read a book about the Pacific War, or any book ever for that matter?

The Japanese had indoctrinated their populace to believe that wild-eyed gaijins were going to rape, torture, kill and eat everything with a pulse. Read about the Battle of Okinawa, which formed the basis for US military thinking. The Japs used civilians as human shields, and many more committed mass suicide based on what they (wrongly) assumed would happen to themselves if captured by the US.

To quote:
>Mainline military historians believe that the Okinawa campaign led directly to the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, as a means of avoiding the planned ground invasion of the Japanese mainland. An alternate view is offered by Victor Davis Hanson in his book Ripples of Battle:

...because the Japanese on Okinawa... were so fierce in their defense (even when cut off, and without supplies), and because casualties were so appalling, many American strategists looked for an alternative means to subdue mainland Japan, other than a direct invasion. This means presented itself, with the advent of atomic bombs, which worked admirably in convincing the Japanese to sue for peace [unconditionally], without American casualties.
>>
>>52790637
MacArthur was relieved of duty by Truman for wanting to nuke the shit out china. america came pretty damn close to using the bomb again
>>
>>52790789
I understand you're incredibly uneducated, but please do not take it out on me.

Even under the frameworks of Augustine and Aquinas, it is clear to see they were war crimes.

If you want to understand why you are factually wrong, please read:

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/war/

If that is too complicated for you to understand you can try:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_war_theory

And in particular: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jus_ad_bellum

I am not a leftist, either.
>>
>>52790877
>aquinas

Fuckin noice
>>
America should have dropped more but they pussied out.
>>
>>52790774
>Well not to mention military deaths aside the civilian dead would be massive, we'd keep bombing their cities, and to take their capital would be like Stalingrad or Berlin levels of destruction.
Or we could have hung FDR and the current government for intentionally poking their dicks in WW2 through cutting off oil to Japan and lend lease with European countries.
>>
>>52790737
If you view history with modern ideals and practices then all of history minus a little bit ago seems barbaric and brutish.

During World War II, any method to stop the bloodshed was applied. Even ones as extreme as nuclear weapony. That is just how it was.

>>52790726
>Nukes should be destroyed
They won't be so long as the knowledge of their production exists.
>>
>>52790900
Best ally desu
>>
>>52790877
Are those laws? Why no, they are not.
>>
>>52790249
Except for the part about attacking hospitals.
>>
>>52790877
Well, calling something a war crime generally indicates that it was either unlawful under a treaty that the country involved was a signatory of, or unusual by the standards of the era, "the laws and customs of war".

Aerial bombing of population centers wasn't illegal or unusual. There were no agreements to not do it, and all of the belligerents engaged in it. Hence why no German officers were prosecuted for London, Guernica or Rotterdam.

You can use the terms "war crime" for edge factor, but it doesn't mean anything in this context.
>>
>>52789877
If you come to my house to kill me or my family I will kick you in the balls and stab you in the back when you aren't looking. All if fair in love and war. If it takes me killing your entire family to prevent you from killing even one person who is on my side then that is what I will do.
>>
>>52790826
>The average Japanese citizen deserves to die for something some autistic, sociopathic doctors did in Manchukuo
This is why democracy is flawed.
>>
>>52789877
who cares? seriously, who would care? Americans back then (current ones as well?) regard the Japanese back then as nonhuman savages. that's all.
>>
>>52789877
>Operation Downfall was the codename for the Allied plan for the invasion of Japan near the end of World War II.
The planned operation was abandoned when Japan surrendered following the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and the Soviet declaration of war.[11]

Nearly 500,000 Purple Heart medals (awarded for combat casualties) were manufactured in anticipation of the casualties resulting from the invasion of Japan.

In 2003, there were still 120,000 of these Purple Heart medals in stock
>>
>>52790877
None of what you posted has anything to do with the definition of war crimes.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Alls_Policy
>The Chinese civilians deserved it
>It'll break Chinese resistance faster!
>>
>>52791005
>regard the Japanese back then as nonhuman savages

well to be fair, imperial japan was acting like a bunch of savages
>>
>>52791005
pot. kettle. black.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 462x318) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 462x318
>>52790860
and what is this posting related to bombing hiroshima people?

well we are not Koreans.don't demand money,apology from USA.

and our 99%of city are cleaner,peacer than most of american city.

We should be happier than Americans.
We shouldn't to be Koreans and Americans.

Let's see the future.
>>
>>52790874
Interesting, I didn't know about that
>>
>>52790962
Yeah, it is not like there were any hospitals in Tokyo, Hiroshima or Nagasaki, right?
>>
File: A42C9C95.jpg (109 KB, 679x664) Image search: [Google]
A42C9C95.jpg
109 KB, 679x664
>>52790854
>he masses that would've died during an invasion of Japan.
Daily reminder that Americans and Japanese would not have been killing each other if the US government didn't intentionally try to enter WW2.

Hell, Japan would be a divided feudal society if they weren't forcibly opened to globalization by that dick Perry.
>>
File: 1365240552923.jpg (179 KB, 796x883) Image search: [Google]
1365240552923.jpg
179 KB, 796x883
>>
>>52791064
what
>>
>>52791055
I think so. it makes me think of recent China.
>>
>>52790977
I can't even fathom a response. What you just said might just be the dumbest thing I've read in 2015.

>>52791030
>Since political leaders are the ones who inaugurate wars, setting their armed forces in motion, they are to be held accountable to jus ad bellum principles. If they fail in that responsibility, then they commit war crimes.

Glad to see you're blind. At the very least, breaking the rules of jus ad bellum constitutes a crime of war.

>>52790931
I'm surprised you were able to lift your knuckles off the ground long enough to type that.

>>52790920
This is just profoundly stupid and misguided.

Are you guys even trying?
>>
>>52789877
>Australian flag
>not sure if butthurt Oriental or shitposter

Two things:
1) Do not fucking start a war (with a surprise attacks) and then cry when you get blown the fuck out in a spectacular manner. Have some dignity please

2) If you actually knew anything about military history you would know that the atomic bomb was the most humane option

>Do nothing
Shouldn't have to go over this

>Do nothing and let Soviets invade
Ask our Eastern European friends who they would rather have occupy them, Soviets or Americans.

>Firebombing
Firestorms killed more civilians than the atomic bombs put together. Most Japanese houses were made out of wood, and their firefighting system was primitive.

>Invasion
Casualties were projected in the hundreds of thousands for the US, and millions for the Japanese. Again, see >>52790860
The Battle of Okinawa was NOT pretty and the US did not want to deal with that x10.

Any questions?
>>
>>52791098
>well we are not Koreans.don't demand money,apology from USA.
You got your money already and you sure as shit aren't getting an apology.
>>
>>52791108
whoever wrote this is a fucking retard
>>
many of japanese think america is ally
they have no soul
>>
>>52790641
You mean Yokosuka?

At any rate my point is valid. The atomic bombings were horrendous and two wrongs don't make a right, but war is war and civilians die in war.

Enough historians and experts agree an invasion of Japan would have been more costly in overall loss of life. Sure, probably more soldiers than civilians, and perhaps fewer civilians than the bombs took, but I guess at that point you have to ask yourself if a soldiers life is worth less than a civilian's in a time of war. Because total loss of life would have been greater.

Not too mention the fact that the bombings saved Japan from Soviet influence and likely a partition. The USSR would have been involved in a large capacity in a mainland invasion. Thank god Japan was spared from a split and Soviet influence. It might be under a similar situation Korea is.
>>
>>52791123
I refuse to believe this post is made in the interest of serious discussion
>>
>>52790716
Never heard anyone call it kindness. Pretty much always when its talked aboyt its seen as the lesser of two evils because the war would drag on and there'd be a lot more dead. Also keep in mind the two bombs weren't simultaneous, we told them what we did and they came up with retarded theories like we must have filled all the air with gasoline vapor and detonated a conventional bomb.
>>
>>52791103
Pretty hilarious coming from a German.

> "The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everybody else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw, and half a hundred other places, they put that rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now, they are going to reap the whirlwind."

> "There are a lot of people who say that bombing cannot win the war. My reply to that is that it has never been tried… and we shall see."

The atomic bomb was meant for Berlin and that really would have been a better use for it than Hiroshima or Nagasaki.
>>
File: 1451264146378.jpg (193 KB, 1280x1552) Image search: [Google]
1451264146378.jpg
193 KB, 1280x1552
>>52791098
Agreed 100%, you are correct.

We went from bitter enemies to best allies, let's keep it that way.
>>
>>52791123
Glad to see you're using extremely vague generalities to justify your own uneducated, edgy horseshit.
>>
>>52791199
It is incredibly hard to have a serious discussion with people who are under and misinformed.

Would you try having a conversation about Dostoevsky with a 5 year old?
>>
>>52791133
>war crimes are ok when we do it!
>>
>Japan
>Uses dive bombers to selectively bomb USN Battleships and not bomb Hawaii cities.

>USA
>Nukes entire Hiroshima city

In Star Wars, Galactic Empire uses Death Stars to destroy entire planets to win wars. If Empire were to win the war and claim it was using the Death Star in self defense.

That would be the Allies. But Japan's COMFORT WOMEN!

>US Army and ROK managed comfort women brothels in Inchon for American GI during/after Korean War. Many of these red light districts exist to this day and are serviced by USAF airmen.
>>
>Japs start a war in a peaceful Asia
>kill and rape everyone they meet except for the French because they surrendered before the invasion of Indochina began
>suddenly America is evil for swiftly ending a war that could potentially drag to the early 50s
>Yurocucks pretending to care about Jap civilians while ignoring the other Asian locals and expat foreigners who got killed during the war
>>
>>52791098
it's explaining why japan was bombed instead of invaded. not really hard to understand
>>
>>52789877
If it helps weak willed people feel better about themselves, then they should think of the atomic bombings as a "necessary evil".
>>
>>52791123
Actually >>52790977 said pretty much what I was going to say. Even the British didn't prosecute the Germans for aerial bombing.
>>
>>52791254
Of course I would, who else would read Dostoevsky?
>>
>>52791123
>This is just profoundly stupid and misguided.
How is trying to see history through the eyes of those there misguided?

I genuinely want to know.
>>
>>52791256
Who are you quoting?
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 458x321) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 458x321
>>52791140
Japan didn't get money from USA.

Japan rent money from USA and already
paid it.

and we build our nation by our own hard working power.

that's why our bity are more nice and peaceful than american city.
>>
america is a super world hero so they can kill public people
we are taught it at school
>>
>>52791256

Oh I'm sorry, would you rather we have launched an invasion of Japan that would have seen millions die in the fighting, and potentially tens of millions of Japanese civilians dying of starvation? Would that have been the more humane option?
>>
>>52791194
>You mean Yokosuka?
>He does not know Yokota
Is that even possible as a Japanese?

>>52791213
It is not like there were any hospitals in Tokyo, Hiroshima or Nagasaki, right?
>>
Americans in this thread:

>torture and murder of innocents is WRONG
>(except when we do it teehee)
>>
>>52791358
It's because Japan is intensely homogeneous both culturally and ethnically.
>>
>>52789877
choose between
>fighting every japanese person in Japan including citizens in an all out attack
or
>dropping 2 nuclear bombs that'll end the war, waste no significant american lives, and not kill off all japanese.
>>
>>52789877
I am japanese,but I think it was better than battle on mainland Japan.
>>
>>52791358
>japan had a right to American loans
No.

Ever wonder how the Soviets would have treated you? You wouldn't have even had food.
>>
>>52791391
> says the German, whose country started the intentional indiscriminate bombing of literally dozens of cities

I'm embarrassed for you.
>>
>>52791386
Way more civilians and soldiers would've died if the Japanese didn't go all out in China.
Way more civilians and soldiers would've died if Hitler didn't holocaust all the untermench.

Doesn't make it right though.
>>
>>52791418

Don't forget starvation. We had to ship emergency food supplies to Japan as late as 1950. Half the country could have literally starved to death.
>>
>>52791444
Neither of those things is true you ignorant fucking nigger.
>>
>>52791395
You're welcome, by the way.
>>
>>52790769
Nice unsourced images. You can fucking Google and find legit sources for war on terror deaths. Even if you count the Taliban, Al Qaeda, the Iraq army and our regional allies you don't end up with a number that high.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Afghanistan_(2001%E2%80%932014)
But keep telling me over a million civilians died in those Wars.
>>
>>52791273

South East Asians know.

Japan was raping half of Asia before they started shit with us.

The only reason other Asian countries didn't nuke Japan is because they didn't have the bomb.

They would have done it first.

>the britcuck defending the Japanese ITT

I bet the 85,000 British troops the Japs captured and tortured didn't feel the same way.
>>
>>52791386
>>52791418
You should've nuked the Soviets during the cold war, I mean think of all the lives you could've saved.
>>
>>52791444
> Way more civilians and soldiers would've died if the Japanese didn't go all out in China.
> Way more civilians and soldiers would've died if Hitler didn't holocaust all the untermench.

What the fuck kind of logic is this?
>>
>>52791258
are you implying that japan would not have used nukes based on some moral grounds? holy shit get the fuck out of my country
>>
>>52791480

The over a million civilians thing is only accurate if you hold the US responsible for Sunni-Shia infighting, which is retarded.
>>
>>52791485
The Soviets had nuclear bombs and could've retaliated. Japan didn't when WWII was drawing to a close.
>>
>>52791485
I'm sure a lot of Eastern European countries wish we had.
>>
jp gov say america is ally lol

>>52791419
i am japanese, i think he is korean or communist
he has small brain, so thinks 'mainland or nuke, no other choices'
>>
>>52791485
Go ahead and add up all the Soviet and American civilian and military casualties of the Cold War. Not that many really. Certainly not hundreds of millions.
>>
>>52791273
>"japan is the innocent victims! the japanese make my animes and nintendo, how could they be in the wrong?"
>>
>>52791485
We weren't at war with the Soviets you dummy.

Step it up, Limey!
>>
>>52791509
>>52791468
How isn't it true? The civilians would've joined up to fight against the bad guys.
>>
>>52791258
t. Abe Barbosama
>>
>>52791540

>jp gov say america is ally lol

We are because China still wants to wipe you off the map over seventy years later for what you did.

> 'mainland or nuke, no other choices'

There really were not. It was unconditional surrender or bust, Japan was not going to be treated better than Germany, not after all the people it ruthlessly slaughtered. In fact, I would say Japan got off extremely easily as it was not divided between the US and SU like Germany was.
>>
>>52791581
That's a total non sequitur.
>>
>>52791565
>>52791544
>the point
>
>
>
>
>you
>>
>>52791515
This

>durrr Americans are slaughtering the Iraqi people!!!

We knocked over Saddam fairly easily with very little death. The Iraqis are simply intractable shitskin mudslimes who can't be helped. We dropped two nukes on the Japs and they were smart enough to realize to just play along and things will turn out alright. Lo and behold, Japan is a prosperous and free nation while Iraq and Afghanistan are forever shitholes.
>>
>>52791391
I thought you were implying that I'm US Navy (I am) and a huge percentage of us are in Yokosuka, so I figured you just screwed up the name.
>>
>nuke is better than fire bomb
>we are better than soviet

what is this ”nose shit is better than poo”excuse?
>>
>>52791540
Try reasoning with a person who forces their citizens to commit suicide when allies captured a hold.
http://xmb.stuffucanuse.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=1111
>>
as you know, many of us hate america
but no problem, you have nukes, we have no nuke
>>
>>52791581
Nice baseless conjecture.

>>52791623
You haven't made a single valid statement or point. You've just made claims based on conditions that never existed.
>>
File: bretty good.gif (145 KB, 452x750) Image search: [Google]
bretty good.gif
145 KB, 452x750
>>52791133
>Do not fucking start a war and then cry when you get blown the fuck out in a spectacular manner
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_Expedition
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunboat_diplomacy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convention_of_Kanagawa
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Amity_and_Commerce_(United_States%E2%80%93Japan)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shimonoseki_Campaign
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Export_Control_Act
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease
>>
>>52791623
Well, you shitpost
dont act surprised that you got shitposted back, Limey :^)
>>
>>52789877
Today's Japanese don't seem to mind (apart from hardline ultranationalist stooges and gibbering pacifist mongs). Neither do the Chinese, the Koreans, or anyone else that lived under the Japanese boot.

They should've paid attention when they were warned beforehand.
>>
>>52791625

>The Iraqis are simply intractable shitskin mudslimes who can't be helped.

To be fair Iraq is an artificially constructed state that was drawn with literally no regard to ethnic or religious tensions by the British, but, more or less this, yes.
>>
>>52791438
Sooo, why are we talking about Germany again?
I thought you could handle kind of these things by not sliding the story away from you tho.
And no worries, I am actually not a German, so no reason of being embarrassed about them.
And yeah, there were not any hospitals in Japan right?
>>
>>52791648
How is

>if we didn't nuke the soviets during the cold war we would've lost millions!

any different from

>if we didn't nuke the japs during ww2 we would've lost millions!
>>
>>52791647
>many of us hate america
Is this really true though? Japs or "Japs" come here all the time saying they love America and that no one really cares about the nukes
>>
>>52791690
because the cold "war" never went hot between the US and Soviets you dumbfuck
>>
>>52789877
Dont worry.

we continue to say usa! usa! usa!
because we are stupid

we dont have nuke
>>
>>52791626
If I remember correctly there is a airbase for you guys there
>>
>>52791690
Simple.
We were at war with Japan.
>>
>>52791690
The circumstances surrounding the cold war and the closing stages of ww2 aren't really comparable. I think even you can figure that out.
>>
Do you think Japan can be trusted with nukes now?
>>
>>52791418
>what is reverse propaganda
>what is a blockade of Japan
Americans just have a bloodlust.
>>
>>52791484
>half of Asia

Only China and Korea
>>
>>52791653
>muh embargos

>go to liquor store
>they don't sell to me because I don't have my ID on me
>throw a molotov cocktail through the window
>this was justified because they owe me their commerce somehow
t. you
>>
>>52791637
>we are better than soviet
go ask anyone that lived during soviet control in the eastern bloc if they would rather be ruled by soivets or americans
there are only 2 countries in asia that can be considered 1st world (japan & south korea) and they are the only 2 countries to accept american aid.
most of eastern europe is still 3rd world
>>
>>52791727
And by time you'd nuked the Japs it was barely hot at all.
>>
>>52791728
good. don't cause trouble and you won't get any trouble.
>>
>>52789877
It was justified we will continue to nuke and prefer the world is finished than see America #2

Go USA USA USA USA!
>>
>>52789877
The nukes were to save Japan from Russia. That and to end the war.
>>
>>52789877
We attacked Pearl Harbour first and killed many americans, so, USA had right to nuke on japan, i think
>>
>>52791716
you need not to think it is true or not
>>
>>52791755

Lol.

See

>>52790536

Blockade was justified.
>>
>>52791105
>Hell, Japan would be a divided feudal society if they weren't forcibly opened to globalization by that dick Perry.
Are you implying that feudal societies are peaceful and feudal Japan never attacked or colonized their neighbors? Look up the history of Okinawa.
>>
>>52789877
Only whiny liberals who've never fought in a war believe that war requires justification. Nobody gave a fuck and there was nobody at the time to stop America from dropping the bombs. Get the fuck over it. Also we had a lot to gain by scaring the pants off the soviets.
>>
>>52791358

Japs are pretty based and hardworking people t.b.h. 2 japanese friend of mine visited Turkey and stayed at my place last year, they wake up at 7 AM, they make their beds take shower and wake me up for breakfast. I respect Japanese people after meeting with them. They are fucking disciplined as fuck, no wonder they fixed their cities like np.
>>
>>52791806
'first' lol
けんもめん 乙
>>
>>52791806
2,000 lives don't compare to
225,000 lives
>>
>>52791625
>The Iraqis are simply intractable shitskin mudslimes who can't be helped.
Or maybe it's the Anglos who thought putting Kurds, Sunni, and Shia in one country is a good idea.
>>
>>52791858
2000 soldiers >>>>>>300000 public people
>>
>>52789877
I love how everyone except Japanese citizens care about this.
>>
>>52791845
thank you Turkey,greatest ally(T_T)
>>
File: limmy goofy smile.jpg (146 KB, 476x476) Image search: [Google]
limmy goofy smile.jpg
146 KB, 476x476
I'm an American and I think it's all fucking bullshit
>The Japanese civilians deserved it
Obviously they didn't, only the stupid Jap military did
Are you kidding me? We were winning the war! Anyone who believes that is a fucking asshole or an idiot. We almost fucking had them on land and sea, but nope. We scared them into submission by murdering thousands of civilians.
HA! This was just Truman trying to justify his government's dick move! Only reason they used those bombs was to flex their muscles at the Soviets to show them what we could do if they decided to fight us after the fucking war.
Nope, not even close. We already HAD our payback when we
>Raised the flag on Iwo Jima
>HAD most of the fucking island
>Was pretty close to cucКing them
>Would have had us a nice little Asian colony, with azn qt popping out white babies
Okay the last 2 was a joke, but y'all get the idea
>>
>>52791861
maybe you know they could act like civilized human beings and still live together despite minor regional/religious differences instead of slaughtering eachother.
>>
>>52789877
The rest of the world fails to see the USA for what it is; a young country. This is plain to see due to their lack of culture and history.

They are currently in an era that we all stuck in at some stage; for us, it was the Middle Ages where we murdered and destroyed everything that wasn't British.

In many ways, America reflects a young Britain. And that is worrying.

If the USA don't end up being fucknuts and getting themselves destroyed (face it, the Roman Empire thought they were invincible, reality is harsh) then maybe they can be something grand once their social culture reaches the level that the rest of the world has attained.

Until then, they are still banter illiterate, uncultured trigger-happy twats.
>>
>>52791861
b-but multiculturalism is the future! We will all get along with our neighbours in the future anon ^w^
>>
>>52791764
>japan won't trade with me
>better kill threaten to kill their civilians!
or
>Japanese got mad about our bombings so some guys killed our merchants
>the gov't refuses to pay for it because they didn't do it
>better kill their civilians!
>>
>>52791102
Tbh he was really old then and people viewed his general strategies as out of touch.
>>
>>52791858
At least we told them it was coming
>>
>>52791919
Way to ignore historical facts douchenozzle.
>>
>>52791861
>Or maybe it's the Anglos who thought putting Kurds, Sunni, and Shia in one country is a good idea.
Pretty much this. What you are seeing now in the middle east is the tribes separating themselves again outside of western-established boundaries, and reverting back to what they believe is their rightful ancient territory. Unfortunately every sect of Islam believes they each deserve the whole damn thing.
>>
>>52791831
No, I'm implying that using force to exploit the Japanese while also occasionally giving them European tech and weapons would obviously breed a war machine.
>>
>>52791690
see
>>52791751

Then again, you're an illiterate 12 year old, so I expect very little of you.
>>
>>52792010
are you seriously using the dindu argument. fuck off
>>
File: saddam hussein iraq vs now.jpg (34 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
saddam hussein iraq vs now.jpg
34 KB, 320x320
>>52791920
They were acting civilized until you fuckers orchestrated a coup then killed the head of the coup for not sucking American dick.
>>
>>52791108
>>52791164
>hundreds of millions more civilian casualties
>>
File: 1450957070576.jpg (315 KB, 540x1517) Image search: [Google]
1450957070576.jpg
315 KB, 540x1517
>>52791919
>Obviously they didn't, only the stupid Jap military did
the japanese civilians were brainwashed as fuck.
they believed the emperor was a god and the government was training children incase of an invasion to walk up to american convoys and suicide bomb.
>>
>>52792030
i'm really enjoying this ad hominem
>>
damn this has been a fast moving thread
>>
File: 鉄血勤皇隊.jpg (61 KB, 534x408) Image search: [Google]
鉄血勤皇隊.jpg
61 KB, 534x408
>>52791965
>japanese 'civilians'
Civilians don't exist in a total war.

Any who wasn't in the military or the kempeitai and wasn't training to shoot waito piggu was either in an arms factory, strapping bombs to themselves, or getting ready to jump off the nearest cliff.

All valid targets, one and all.

Wonder instead why the IJA intentionally held back their aircraft, instead of using them to valiantly fight back against the Allied bombers.

Almost like they were preparing for a massive final battle, or something.
>>
>>52792030
>both had strong, badly supplied militaries
>both had a starving populace
>both were hated by their neighbours
>both were seen as savages
>>
we are mental illness
america is justice
>>
>>52792048
No, it's you who is using the argument.

Those policies lead the Japanese to be driven to improvement by one reason: to protect themselves from the imperialists.

Of course, they got way too into this vision and were narcissistic after BTFO'ing China and Russia.
>>
>>52792087
Really enjoying you not making a point this entire thread.
>>
>>52792106
>pacific war
>total war
pick one
>>
>>52792106
>Civilians don't exist in a total war.
So you'd be fine if the Japanese raped your mom after killing your dad?

I mean, it doesn't matter if it's in war, right?
>>
>>52790912
>WW2 through cutting off oil to Japan and lend lease with European countries.
How does not wanting to sell someone oil because they've been acting like dicks justify Pearl Harbor, the Invasion of the Philippines (the day after) and invading other U.S. territories?
>>
>>52792238
It was intentionally done to piss off and taunt the Japanese.

Much like lend-lease was done to subtly piss off the Germans and subtly aline the US with the allies.
>>
>>52792106
>Civilians don't exist in a total war.
So the victims of 911 weren't civilians?
>>
>>52792193

If it wasn't then this thread has no merit, does it?
>>
>>52792279
>if you don't sell oil to people slaughtering civilians you deserve to be bombed
>>
>>52789877
Memes aside the nukes literally saved lives, the japanese casualties both military and civilian would been much higher, also naturally allied losses would have been very high since the japs had still enough power to put up a decent fight on the mainland (they actually had more men/equipment that the allies had estimated).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Okinawa
Also it was a chance to use the nuke so it also gave the U.S a chance to flex it's muscle.
>>
>>52791118
They viewed Koreans and their other neighbors as subhumans garbage then. They still have an arrogant attitude to them but arrogance is fine.
>>
capitarism vs capitarism

Franklin Delano Roosevelt hated japan from before
>>
>>52792163
>Of course, they got way too into this vision and were narcissistic after BTFO'ing China and Russia.

exactly. japan chose to become the aggressors. they chose to try to take over all of asia. they chose to sucker punch america at pearl harbor. and they got fucking destroyed. how you can defend imperial japan at all is mind boggling.
>>
>>52792161
You fucking cuck.

Where's that proud, Imperialist spirit? I thought we were Empire buddies?

America really has reduced you to fucking nothing.

We respected you once.
>>
>>52792289
> 2001
> total war

What fucking alternate reality do you live in?
>>
>>52792279
>It was intentionally done to piss off and taunt the Japanese.
no it was intentionally done because they were acting like dicks
>>
Whenever a Jap participates to a thread it turns into a shitstorm lmao no exception
>>
i blame jews
>>
>>52792193
It absolutely was. Nobody denies this simple fact.
>>
>>52792345
Like a spit in a soup?
>>
what's up with the giant influx of japanese shitposters?

did 2ch ban all of them?
>>
>>52792193
>pacific war wasnt a total war
Pretty sure it was. Why do you think it wasnt?

>>52792202
Well you're obviously okay with the Japanese who did alot of just that in their conquered states.

A smarter question would be if I would be okay if the Japanese would be the ones nuking the Americans and killing American civilians being used to support the American war effort. My answer would be yes on all those counts, as it happens.

>>52792289
>9/11
>total war
... Do I really need to explain this?
>>
>>52792370
How can it be total war when the only damage America sustained was hot air balloons with bombs in them?
>>
>>52792345
we are mental illness
korea is hell
>>
>>52791098
This graphic proves that if we were really vindictive we'd have sent a million "youths" to Japan.
>>
>>52792411
don't blame us for the ineptitude of japan's military
>>
>>52792411
Total war is a matter of intent.
>>
>>52792376
proxies
>>
>>52792376
>what's up with the giant influx of japanese shitposters?

where?
most of shitposting in this thread came from anglo nation.
>>
>>52792426
>korea is hell
I think I saw this before. Is this a new meme?
>>
>>52792342
>>52792409
It was from al-Qaedas perspective. They want America to burn in any way possible
>>
>>52792486
meme in korea
korean young say korea is hell
>>
>>52791779
Or North Korea, that paradise was originally under their control.
>>
>>52792323
But the US and the eternal anglo chose to forcibly open their country to globalization and imposed unequal treaties, while also giving them advanced weapons and technology every now and then.

France was at least consistent with aiding Japan. US and UK chose to use Stockholm Syndrome on the Japanese, which failed once the Japanese proved that they could handle a European power. It was through the rage induced by the foreign powers that Japan began their conquest of Asia.

My point is that Japan would still be a warring, feudal society if the US and UK didn't go full retard with diplomacy.
>>
>>52792323
He's an apologist. Ignore him.
>>
>>52792454
Then 9/11 was total war too.
>>
>>52792486
you meant "Hell Chosen"? if so, that's their meme.
>>
>>52792514
Not how it works. You have to have the material ability to backup your desires. Al Qaeda never had that.
>>
>>52792376
They are having massive butthurt over an apology that their goverment made to South Korea yesterday
>>
>>52792533
>>52792564
>korean young say korea is hell
kek. I will check what it means. Thanks lads.
>>
On March 7, 1938, Robert O. Wilson, a surgeon at the American-administered University Hospital in the Safety Zone, wrote in a letter to his family, "a conservative estimate of people slaughtered in cold blood is somewhere about 100,000, including of course thousands of soldiers that had thrown down their arms".

Here are two excerpts from his letters of 15 and 18 December 1937 to his family:

The slaughter of civilians is appalling. I could go on for pages telling of cases of rape and brutality almost beyond belief. Two bayoneted corpses are the only survivors of seven street cleaners who were sitting in their headquarters when Japanese soldiers came in without warning or reason and killed five of their number and wounded the two that found their way to the hospital.

Let me recount some instances occurring in the last two days. Last night the house of one of the Chinese staff members of the university was broken into and two of the women, his relatives, were raped. Two girls, about 16, were raped to death in one of the refugee camps. In the University Middle School where there are 8,000 people the Japs came in ten times last night, over the wall, stole food, clothing, and raped until they were satisfied. They bayoneted one little boy of eight who [had] five bayonet wounds including one that penetrated his stomach, a portion of omentum was outside the abdomen. I think he will live.

mid-century Imperial Japan was awful. Think ISIS only instead of a bunch of amateurs in pick-up trucks it was a proper military force made up of professional soldiers so fanatical they would suicide-bomb ships rather than surrender. Japan, much like Nazi Germany, had to be beaten into submission somehow. Letting it go on the way it had been going simply wasn't an option. Could it have been done without atomic bombs? I don't know and neither do you; all we know is that at the time they decided it was the best course of action. It's done. Something had to be done and that's what they chose
>>
>>52792558
see
>>52792572
>>
>>52792572
>Al Qaeda never had that.
You sure about that?
>>
>>52792376
what are you saying about? the summer season 3-4 years ago was more terrible. that's nothing when compared to it.
>>
File: 1442548974817.jpg (142 KB, 1146x861) Image search: [Google]
1442548974817.jpg
142 KB, 1146x861
>AMERILARDS ITT are defending the bombings on civilians
haha wow, you are trully scumbags
>>
>>52792193
Total war is a war in which all of a nations national resources - including civilian resources - are mobilised to support the war effort.

To say that the Japanese (and everyone else, for that matter) weren't doing just that is either you being dishonest or completely detached from reality.
>>
>>52792577
Koreans stop being butthurt by that 8million?
>>
>>52792376
>giant influx of japanese shitposters
There are only about 30 posts from "japanese" people here. What are you talking about?
>>
>>52792619
You think 3 fucking buildings are a total war and represent the ability to match the US military is open battle?

You're a fucking moron of the highest order.
>>
>>52792644
"a war which is unrestricted in terms of the weapons used, the territory or combatants involved, or the objectives pursued, especially one in which the accepted rules of war are disregarded."
>>
>>52791194
>two wrongs don't make a right
Killing a murderer prevents that murderer from taking more lives.
>>
>>52792662
Koreans are the poles of Asia
>>
>>52792634
do japanese kids really post on an all english imageboard?
is their english really that good?
>>
>>52792643
> ITT Mexicans ignoring the fact that the Japanese killed far more civilians
>>
>>52792409
>Pretty sure it was. Why do you think it wasnt?
He's posting from the country that abandoned you.
>>
>>52792644
You are wrong, it doesn't have to be a nation.
>>
>>52792693
>mexican opinion
k
>>
>>52792411
>How can it be total war when the only damage America sustained was hot air balloons with bombs in them?
because we bring war to our enemies, unlike you cucks who import your enemies from africa and the ME
>>
>>52792714
americans have been(and is still)more evil than nips
>>
File: main-Foreign-Imagery.jpg (88 KB, 624x312) Image search: [Google]
main-Foreign-Imagery.jpg
88 KB, 624x312
t. Hiroshi Hotaka
>>
>>52792675
Total war has nothing to do with capability comparison or even level of success. They are completely unrestricted on what they attack and how
>>
>>52792686
Good. We can then agree that Japan, America, and everyone else was both in a state of total war during the second world war.

So you should now have no problems with the nukes dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki :^)
>>
>>52790322
>that image

>MUH MURDERER STALIN
>MUH LYBIA DICTATORSHIPS
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.