[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
African movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: gods_must_be_crazy_dvd.jpg (200 KB, 650x910) Image search: [Google]
gods_must_be_crazy_dvd.jpg
200 KB, 650x910
Are there any great african movies out there i could watch?

Pic related, a childhood favorite
>>
Kirikou
>>
>>52780088
Yesterday, if you care about african problems.
>>
>>52780163
PS: I know that what you posted is australian.
>>
Correction: movies made IN africa by africans, not movies about africa
>>
>>52780088
Tsotsi
>>
>>52780277
If you posted this because 'Yesterday', it's a movie made in africa by africans. Not a documentary. Sorry if I was misleading.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_South_African_films
>>
yes, video related https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JABdS-HN5A
>>
>>52780277
The captain of nakara
If you can find it. German producer but the main Part of the Team and the whole cast is afrikan.
>>
>>52780088
>a childhood favorite
it is still good.
>>
Who Killed Captain Alex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf7tv7TtOOY
>>
File: freestate.jpg (96 KB, 634x898) Image search: [Google]
freestate.jpg
96 KB, 634x898
>A random act of kindness sparks a forbidden love affair between a white girl and an Indian man during the Apartheid system in South Africa.
>>
>>52780486
>Man, the man is killing us, man
I knew someone would post this
>>
There is this film Guimba the Tyrant which is made in Mali, the film is very funny, should recommend
>>
>>52780537
>wife?
>i thought that was a goat
comedy gold
>>
>>52780163
Kirikou is awesome but it's French
>>
>>52780486
>you will never have fun making a film with your bros
>>
>>52780683
Je sais mais c'est quand même un film africain.
>>
Battle of Algiers
Cairo Station
Yeelen
Touki Bouki
Xala
Cedo
Hyenes
Teza
Moolade
>>
File: verraaiers_dvd_pack-zoom.jpg (130 KB, 880x1200) Image search: [Google]
verraaiers_dvd_pack-zoom.jpg
130 KB, 880x1200
>A loving father and husband, as well as being a well respected Boer-officer, decides upon hearing that the enemy (the British) are planning a "scorched earth"- policy to go home and protect his wife and family instead of further participation in the war. This decision leads to him and his sons being tried for high treason.
>>
>>52780088
Didn't like this one, it's just a long commercial to Coca Cola, but enjoyed the one the white dude (iirc it was the director of these movies) was a xaman.
>>
File: confessions.jpg (79 KB, 635x898) Image search: [Google]
confessions.jpg
79 KB, 635x898
>Confessions of a Gambler is a 2007 film that depicts a woman's struggles in life, and how she turns to gambling and later becomes addicted. It is based on a true story and is written by the lead actor, Rayda Jacobs.
>>
>>52780088
Its a great movie
>>
File: 1410997482573.jpg (84 KB, 508x720) Image search: [Google]
1410997482573.jpg
84 KB, 508x720
>>52780088
This was pretty great.

Can't say the same about the sequels. The comedy died down pretty hard.
>>
>>52780537
These guys should fight the LRA
>>
yes
>>
best thing out of africa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf7tv7TtOOY
>>
>>52780088
Ogabonga. One of my personal favourite movies of all time.
>>
city of god
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.