[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what do they with all the tourist money?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 538x403) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 538x403
So what do they with all the tourist money?
>>
>>52778283
It looks like italy so i will answer: only 10% of their economy comes from tourism, so the real question is: why some very large municipalities (rome and naples) seem to not be able to cope with the fact that waste management is one of the most.lucrative business of the organized crime, while others have bo problem at all?
>>
>>52778283
GABAGOOL
>>
>pictures from years ago
>pictures from garbage collectors' strikes

erry time

pic related, it's Britain during the strikes of 1978.
>>
>>52781208
You can't deny some cities do have some problem. Rome and naples probably because of lack of civic sense and infrastructure and corruption as well, nore recently Livorno had problems too because of incompetent politicians.
>>
>>52781983
>Livorno

yes because of shitty management by the city council like you said.

>Rome and Naples

not recently.
>>
>>52782081
Man... this summer rome underwent serious garbage problem, alongside with crisis in the local government, public transport, local mafia funerals and so on... now the municipality is governed directly by the state because the mayor was forced to leave...
>>
>>52784744
>taking things out of context, mashing them together and making it sound like it's a crime dystopia

go ahead I guess, that's a bit childish.

Marino left for purely political reasons, local mafia funerals had nothing to do with it and that is a whole different story.

Rome is an ancient city, it has had its ups and downs for millennia, right now it's undergoing a low period, as was Naples some years ago, but economic crisis is starting to be less serious and things will start to improve eventually, the criminal organisations in Rome have already been hit hard during last year and with the Jubilee the city is actually a lot cleaner now.
>>
>>52784744
I forgot to say there never were piles of trash like in OP's pic so why the hell should we justify that like it's a daily occurrence?
>>
you are basically confirming what i'm saying: due to lack of political stability, some cities in italy are facing the issue of waste managment. There are no pile of waste along the road but "rome and naples are so clean" is something nobody has ever said, so i suppose there must be something broken in the system in some placese regardless of political crisis and strikes. Beside this i'm kind of surprised that you link the fact of marino leaving the city council only to political reason while before he resigned the italian press stressed a lot how badly rome was governed at that time, and one of the main issues was in fact how dirty rome was this summer.
>>
>>52778283
i've asked that very question myself multiple times
>>
>>52786787
>attacking Marino because he supposedly governed Rome badly.
>buying into the media craze of blaming him for everything wrong with Rome

Stick to Belgium politics lad you're talking nonsense and you clearly know shit about Rome and how this whole (admittedly complicated) system works.

>lack of political stability
Jesus christ I'm not going to take this moral lesson from a Belgian of all people, didn't you people manage to go on a year or so without a proper government?

>"rome and naples are so clean" is something nobody has ever said

> i suppose there must be something broken in the system in some placese regardless of political crisis and strikes.

What would that be? speak clearly instead of implying implication, I can't read your mind.
>>
>>52787424
Guy, i'm not even from belgium, i'm in brussel right now.and i can say that the city centre is dirty as fuck... i don't want to give you any lesson. Btw, i'm not implying implications, i just said: in italy some places do have a problem with their waste. Why? Rome and naples being dirty is not a recent thing, why didn't the manage to solve this problem? Is it incompetence? Of which kind? Local government? Public companies? Is it corruption? is it just because of the tourists? Is it because people from rome and naples are uncivilized subhumans as goethe once said in "italian journey". Calm down man.
>>
>>52788399
Literally fuck off you pretentious cunt, you can't even make up your mind about what you want to say, your whole argument is "Italy has a problem I have no idea what it is but my tabloids said it's britty bad", so what.
>>
>>52788845
I was just asking a question, i haven't made any statement, beside that rome and naples are dirty, which is something i had the pleasure to see multiple times over many years. It's not a big deal, many cities are dirty, cities that are even weathier than rome. There must be a reason if some other italian large cities (milan and turin) seem to manage their waste better than rome. That's there's no reason to react like a little bitch.
>>
>>52788845
One thing more: parlo fluentemente italiano e leggo giornali italiani, vengo dal canton ticino e la mia famiglia รจ italiana meridionale (salerno per la precisione). E inutile che screditi qualcuno se non sei capace di dimostrare che quello che sta dicendo sono cazzate. Se ci tieni tanto all'immagine del tuo paese, ricordati che qui le cose che dici hanno sopra la tua bandiera. Quindi prima di passare per il solito italiano arrogante che si nasconde dietro a un dito e manda a fanculo le persone, conta fino a 10.
>>
>>52781004
Exactly, it's all spent on that
>>
File: pepelovesyou.jpg (46 KB, 563x542) Image search: [Google]
pepelovesyou.jpg
46 KB, 563x542
>>52785139
Go Italy! Go!
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.