[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does it seem like only Scandinavians are really getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 13
File: Þingblót_2009.jpg (719 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Þingblót_2009.jpg
719 KB, 2048x1536
Why does it seem like only Scandinavians are really getting into neo-paganism? I've noticed they produce so much pagan folk music, pagan-inspired metal, and a lot of young guys from those countries on the internet seem to be neopagans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSIZY_POZEc

But I dno't see it that much from South Euros, Or celtic stuff. I would think Greeks would be really into neo-pagan worship since their mythology is just as robust as Scandinavia

Also, I'm only talking about Europeans. Ignore my flag and don't talk about the US.

Pic related is a "blot", a pagan heritage festival in Iceland
>>
>>52776250
>"neo" paganism.

Paganism and/or animism was the original religion, before cuckrist.
>>
>>52776385
I've seen it called that a lot. I know it was the pre-Christian religion obviously. Neo just means new
>>
>>52776944
Yes and calling it "new" is wrong and quite frankly, fucking dumb.

>I must be a neo-gamer too, because I like to play games from 80s and 90s.
>I must be into neo-martial arts too.
>Neo-jogger.
>Neo-student.
Etc.

Born again christians, but no
>Neo-christians
Why?
>>
>>52777443
Disregard question mark.
It was mostly a rhetorical question.
>>
>But I dno't see it that much from South Euros, Or celtic stuff. I would think Greeks would be really into neo-pagan worship since their mythology is just as robust as Scandinavia

Only Scandinavians are so full of themselves they think Christ isn't good enough for them. See, niggers, slavs, south europeans and americans worship christian God, they just can't pray to something so strongly associated with "their inferiors".

Why Greeks, who tend to be pompous assholes too, don't have large scale neopagan movement? Well, Greek myths are well preserved, unlike norse ones where the sources are relatively limited and largely second hand, leaving them with plenty of blank spaces to be filled with stuff appealing to 21th century narcissist.
>>
>>52777443
The "new" in neopaganism is prefectly justified as there are centuries of discontinuity between historical paganism and modern atempts at revival.

For comparison, zoroastrianism was never discontinued, despite musolims being extremely vigorous in their attempts to wipe it out for good.
>>
because its impossible to remove Christ from southern europe pretty much
>>
>>52778146
It was never "discontinued" for fucks sake. We're not talking about a product made in some fucking factory, where you can switch it on or off.
>>
We have druids.
>>
>>52777804

By all the gods, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>52776250
>Scandinavians are really getting into neo-paganism
we are not REALLY getting into it
it's just an obscure minority and they've always been around in small numbers ever since I can remember
If you tell normies in Scandinavia that you practice paganism you will most likely be seen as a weirdo, possibly made fun of.
It's kind of a neckbeard thing
>>
>>52778274
Can you point me out a group of people who were continuously practicing old norse faith form 8th century till now?
>>
>>52778274
You can when nobody remembers or wrote down what exactly pagan believers did in terms of ceremonies or even doctrinal beliefs. Most of the stuff neo-pagans do was made up on the spot by whoever started the cult.
>>
>>52778485
isn't Iceland constructing a pagan temple in Reykjavik?
>>
>>52778572
ye
>>
File: 1.jpg (10 KB, 152x236) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
10 KB, 152x236
>>52778485
>It's kind of a neckbeard thing
>Neckbeard
>>
>>52778572
Iceland is a little different from us.
They're also not scandinavian.
>>
>>52776250
they only produce more pagan-inspired metal compared to other countries because they produce more metal in general. Also Germanic paganism is arguable more complete, romanticized and organized than most other long forgotten paganist forms, especially the Celtic ones. Also don't forget the Nordic countries never became part of the Roman empire and only got Christianized around 1000 years ago, while big parts of the Celtoroman world were assimilated and Christianized by the year 500.
>>
why wouldn;t they be? everyone north of france etc was only xtianized for like 500 years until luther, who basically freed them from it
>>
>>52777443
The neo is mostly there to make a difference between the old practices and religion and the new forms, which are always either reconstructions of the old religions or just romanticized or völkisch bullcrap.
>>
File: image.jpg (259 KB, 1270x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
259 KB, 1270x1136
>>52776250
>>52776385
>>52776944
>>52777443
>>52777503
>>52778473
literal autistic degenerates
>>
File: 1445269792425.png (381 KB, 498x561) Image search: [Google]
1445269792425.png
381 KB, 498x561
>>52777443
>you will never be a Neo-Christian leading a Neo-Crusade with neo-technology in neo-Toyko against the neo-cyberpunks
>>
>>52776250
There's a yearly Viking festival around 10 minutes walking distance from my house.

I've been there a couple times . twas nice.
>>
DEGENERATE
>>
>>52778948
CHRISTIAN
>>
Because Spain never prayed to Odin.
>>
>>52778915
>twas
indeed my good sir
*tips elegantly*
so you are saying
*m'lady*
so you are saying
*chugs mead*
thou hast
*unsheathes battle axe*
viking festivities?
>>
>>52778788
This.
>>
Anyway your pagan Gods are weaks. Couldnt save you from Christianity and is not going to save you from Islam.

Look another strategy from proggresist to destroy Christianity in favour of Islam.
>>
>>52778509
Can you point out someone who lived over 900 years like in the bible?
Of course you can't, neither can I.
>Because you need a group to be a pagan.
Also fuck norse cunts.

>>52778554
Like the bible? Because old testament was too apocalyptic for your tastes, so someone had the bright idea to make a new one? Everything was precisely translated etc.

Maybe you should go visit a nearby native american tribal elderly and ask how they did things.
Most of the stuff was done orally. There isn't much written ye old rites or magics that preserved the whip of time and elements and rivaling religion(s), but enough to know this and that.
>>
>>52778788
>>52779175
Oh look, crusading cunts. Allah alibabar to you as well.

Also you're using "literal" wrong, my spear throwing, cotton picking niggerm8.

>>52778756
>which are always either blablabla or blablabla
Proofs please.
Generalizing much?

>>52778827
But you can always be neo-nyo in 4chan.
>>
>>52778343

Funny thing is, their ancestors probably killed the people who built Stonehenge since it's pre-Celtic.
>>
File: Bezbožnici.jpg (41 KB, 395x701) Image search: [Google]
Bezbožnici.jpg
41 KB, 395x701
>>52779807
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 499x624) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 499x624
>>52779807
>also, you're using literal wrong

The Finnish autism gene does not disappoint
>>
File: 1448004098459.gif (1018 KB, 500x265) Image search: [Google]
1448004098459.gif
1018 KB, 500x265
>>52779807
>asks for proofs and calls out generalizations
>compares the natural evolution of Christianity over the past 2000 years to some neckbeards who started a new "religion" based on incomplete knowledge about the actual religion that has been dead for at least a thousand years
all of my kek

also stay butthurt
>>
File: jesus nö.jpg (120 KB, 640x657) Image search: [Google]
jesus nö.jpg
120 KB, 640x657
>>52779934
>>
>>52780135
mehmet my son
>>
File: chuni_christina.gif (314 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
chuni_christina.gif
314 KB, 512x384
>>52779807
You seem a little upset lad.
>>
>>52778343
As I read, historical druids did not wear white or black clothes, because they consider they as not colors, only having light or do not having.
Painting cloths with paints prepared from the plants had important significance.
>>
Is there a ceremony in which you can convert to paganism/animism/druidism?

Where could I go to learn more about the old religions? Are there communities online?
>>
>>52780167
>>
Barbaric heretics. I wish we could still burn them at the stake.
>>
>>52780279
Goddammit jesus you're causing global warming wherever you travel it's winter time
>>
File: ltimate LARPER.png (119 KB, 720x1112) Image search: [Google]
ltimate LARPER.png
119 KB, 720x1112
>>52776250
>South Euros
Most of them haven't existed before Christianity.
What pantheon should they follow, Celtic, Roman, Germanic? Or all of them?
Only French could claim some lineage to Franks thus Germanic, as they started their nationhood.

What about their colonials? They're creation of white colonisation, so worshipping Amerindian gods would look stupid aside obvious 100% pure redskins.

>Or celtic stuff.
You know how many people are still Celtic, right?

That leaves you to Germancis and Slavs. Neo-Paganism is just LARPing, I'm sorry. It may look cool and strong but no one takes them seriously there. Limit this to study of mythology and folklore, maybe some revivalist traditions.
>>
>>52777443
It's called new because pagan religions have died off and it have no direct continuum for them. Like Shinto or Hinduism, which are still practised and were never off.

Afaik last pagan religio, baltic paganism was practised somewhere till 15th century in samogitia, last pagan region.
>>
It's so boring up there people get into LARPing to have fun.
>>
>>52780135
Wow. I didn't know you were a retard.

So, this neckbeard virgin started this Suomenusko thing over 10000 years ago. It was fucking hilarious! We were laughing our asses off when he was saying his silly shit, but then some people just started to look at him like, dude, he's right you know! Me and my necklessbeard friend were looking at each other like "Oh shit, there goes the neighbourhood!".
And it did.
Now my beardlessneck friend is just in shambles for people taking that crazy fuck seriously. Like wow.
We all know it was aliens, right?

>Natural evolution of christianity
What. The. Fuck. Is. That? How it took over the pagan religions by conquest and consent?

>>52779991
Yes yes, we all know you're only pretending.
>>
>>52776250
We have plenty of metalheads, neonazis and autists. Neopagans usually fit into at least two of these categories.
>>
>>52780646
>Afaik last pagan religio,
Well no, it was eastern Finland in 18th century.
>>
>>52779113
In Galicia they probably did considering many suevii weren't christians at first.
>>
>>52780938
Then there's a lot of stockholmers, annoying faggots and terrorists.
Usually they all fit the swedish image.
>>
>>52779888
So much this.
>>
gods that are no gods, but the works of men's hands
>>
>>52776250
Because Scandis are obnoxious fedora tier edgelords if you haven't noticed yet.
>>
>>52779135

'Tis an awsome thing to see
>>
>>52781108
Ayn Rand pls go
>>
>>52777804
>Only Scandinavians are so full of themselves they think Christ isn't good enough for them.

Nah, it has more to do with anger directed at Christians and Christianity. Why the fuck do you think there are so many church burnings?

>See, niggers, slavs, south europeans and americans worship christian God, they just can't pray to something so strongly associated with "their inferiors".

That has absolutely nothing to do with it.

>unlike norse ones where the sources are relatively limited and largely second hand, leaving them with plenty of blank spaces to be filled with stuff appealing to 21th century narcissist.

That is absolute bullshit. Norse Mythology is pretty fucking intact.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.