[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
only 3 more days till the New Year's Eve /int/ party
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1330093964507.png (8 KB, 200x153) Image search: [Google]
1330093964507.png
8 KB, 200x153
only 3 more days till the New Year's Eve /int/ party
>>
any suggestions where should we celebrate?
>>
can I bring my gf?
>>
>>52769721
What's that
>>
>>52769721
I left /int/ a time ago and recently I returned.
New year's eve /int/ party?? Explain yourself.
>>
>tfw no more IT'S 2015 COME ON
i hope that maymay survives the year change like costanza.jpg did way back when
>>
>not staying at home and browsing the internet

young people, you don't know what life is
>>
I thought people called it Silvester party
>>
File: BBnQUW0[1].jpg (8 KB, 310x166) Image search: [Google]
BBnQUW0[1].jpg
8 KB, 310x166
>party
>>
>>52770393

In Bolan it's called Sylwester indeed.
>>
>>52770393
31st decwmber=silvester
1st january=new years
>>
>>52770572
>Sylwester
>y
>w

l e l
>>
>>52770650

I see no problem with that
Sylwe could easily be a name of some fair elf maiden
>>
>>52770728
(also spelled sylvester, szilveszter, or sylwester) is the day of the Feast of Pope Sylvester I, a saint who served as Pope of the Catholic Church from 314 to 335 and oversaw both the First Council of Nicaea and Roman Emperor Constantine I's conversion to Christianity.[1] The feast day is held on the anniversary of Sylvester's death, 31 December, a date that, since the adoption of the Gregorian calendar, has coincided with New Year's Eve. Because of this coincidence, several countries, primarily in Europe, use a variant of Silvester's name as the preferred name for the holiday; these countries include Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Poland, Slovakia, Switzerland, and Slovenia.[2]

In Israel, there is a common urban legend that conflates the Slavic tradition of Novy God with this feast day, contributing to prejudice against former-USSR immigrants, saying they celebrate this anti-Semitic pope who convinced Constantine to prohibit Jews from living in Jerusalem and promoted anti-Semitic legislation. This common misconception has likely been created since the feast day was known by many immigrants from Europe who came to the country around the time it became a Jewish state.[2]

Eastern Orthodox Churches celebrate Sylvester's feast day on 2 January.
>>
>>52769721
>New Year's Eve /int/ party
>/int/
>fun
pick one
>>
This year I won't be shitposting with you, because I've been invited to a party in real life.
>>
>>52769721
I will go to sleep at 22:30, as every usual day of mine.
>>
>>52771727
>In Israel, there is a common urban legend that conflates the Slavic tradition of Novy God with this feast day, contributing to prejudice against former-USSR immigrants, saying they celebrate this anti-Semitic pope who convinced Constantine to prohibit Jews from living in Jerusalem and promoted anti-Semitic legislation. This common misconception has likely been created since the feast day was known by many immigrants from Europe who came to the country around the time it became a Jewish state.[2]
haha yeah I remember this shit
religious spooks trying to get people to not celebrate it
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.