[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It may sound very fedoric to say but I don't get the point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: indien.jpg (33 KB, 299x450) Image search: [Google]
indien.jpg
33 KB, 299x450
It may sound very fedoric to say but I don't get the point of wearing clothes in hot countries.

Here in Europe we wear clothes since centuries because the weather is bad and cold enough to kill you or at least make you ill if you go naked.
But in countries such as Brazil, India or Congo where the thermometer goes well above 30*C all year? Why do people bother wearing trousers, shirts and even coats there?
>>
because everyone wants to be like Europeans
>>
>>52758992
Maybe you're right. I'll wait an answer from someone who lives in these countries to be sure
>>
File: Niqab.jpg (7 KB, 233x320) Image search: [Google]
Niqab.jpg
7 KB, 233x320
basically "playing hard to get" m8, intelligent species tends to cover themselves to be more sexually subtle, needs balance between covered and nudity.
this is not the case where you covered your whole body in humid country tho, its basically because they have their IQ points on a calendar, pic related
>>
>>52758951
Because direct exposion to sunlight for a long time is bad for you, duh.
>>
In dry heat with intense sun clothing actually helps you keep cool.
>>
To protect you from the sun
>>
>>52758951
>the thermometer goes well above 30ºC all year
only in Rio and some other memeful palces, and not all year.
I live in one of the hottest parts of the country and the temperature rarely goes over 30º.
>>
>>52759190
I don't think browns get sunburnt
>>
>>52759227
Not in Europe, but at places where 40 celsius is normal in spring they do.
>>
>>52759193
Speak for yourself.
>>
File: World Insolation Direct.jpg (63 KB, 800x372) Image search: [Google]
World Insolation Direct.jpg
63 KB, 800x372
>>52759319
Tropical rainforests like coastal West Africa aren't even that sunny, that combined with their black skins should be enough protection
Also UV is UV, doesn't matter the temperature, you can easily get sunburnt while skiing at -10
>>
>>52758951
Maybe the whites in Brasil don't want to burn their skin.
>>
>>52758951
Prior to Muslim influence, most Indians did not wear much clothing.

From keay's book-

"hat Hindu society continued to challenge the austere morality of both Islam and Christendom well into the fifteenth century is clear from the account of a Russian merchant. Athanasius Nikitin, a native of Tver (Kalinin) on the Volga, reached India in c1470, so barely thirty years ahead of Vasco da Gama. He too arrived by sea, but from the Persian Gulf rather than round Africa, and like other Gulf traders he brought horses. According to Polo, the Pandyan ruler of Madurai imported two thousand horses a year ‘and so do his four brothers’. They needed so many because of fatalities caused by the climate and unsuitable feeding; even if they bred, they produced ‘nothing but wretched wry-legged weeds’. By land to the north and by sea to the south, the import of bloodstock was India’s main extravagance.
Nikitin came ashore at the port of Chaul, about fifty kilometres south of modern Bombay (Mumbai). ‘This is an Indian country,’ he announces in his scatty but endearing memoir.
People go about naked, with their heads uncovered and their breasts bare, the hair tressed into one tail, and thick bellies. They bring forth children every year and the children are many … When I go out many people follow me and stare at the white man. Women who know you willingly concede their favours for they like white men."
>>
>>52759839
Do the man on the picture looks white to you?
>>
>>52759906
Thanks for the answer.
How is called that book?
>>
>>52759918
He don't, but I'm.

How would you be protected of the mosquitoes naked in a hot country?
>>
>>52759974
India: A history

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/174501.India
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.