[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Filipino anons, can you explain to me how much influence does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 201433063050618734_20.jpg (297 KB, 680x450) Image search: [Google]
201433063050618734_20.jpg
297 KB, 680x450
Filipino anons, can you explain to me how much influence does China have over the Philippines? I also know that many filipinos also have chinese ancestry, how much did China influence filipino culture?
>>
up for interest
>>
File: 1318245724002.jpg (6 KB, 251x241) Image search: [Google]
1318245724002.jpg
6 KB, 251x241
>>52756097
Chinese in the Philippines are mostly Catholic and the most obvious influences you can see is the food.Plus Chinese who is in the Philippines are integrated and mixed with filipino and so much more.

If you mean by the influences of Communist China,then it is mostly just the abundance of cheap product everywhere.Korean and Japanese culture have bigger influences though
>>
>>52756097
it's mostly the food and genetics

culturally, not that much
>>
>>52756097
Many large companies and business tycoons are run by Chinese immigrants whose ancestors were long before residing in the archipelago before the Spaniards came or those who escaped the civil war. IIRC, most Chinese tycoons in the country are mainlanders, others are Taiwanese.

We have a saying that a Chinese businessman could make your dead business/company alive.

In terms of culture, they really affected us in food culture. Many Filipino cuisine are actually Chinese cuisines or mixed.

It's true that alot of Filipinos have Chinese ancestry, known Filipinos, as well as heros, have Chinese blood. Rizal, Aquinos, Cojuancos, and many other more.
>>
Let's not forget about their math :^)
>>
>>52762169
I wonder how is the relationship between Chinese and Filipinos? It's friendly or what
>>
>>52765597
Chinese are mostly hated in SEA

t. Indonesian Chinese
>>
>>52765716
Tionghoa or more ancient Peranakan?

I knew one of the latter, he was a Catholic whose family had education from Jesuits. Still posts on Krautchan as only upside down poland there
>>
We don't really talk about it over here. The average flip would be indifferent about chinks and half chinks anyways.

Tourists from the mainland are generally rude and obnoxious if not getting kidnapped and shot at by a disgruntled police officer.

Also, Taiwan doesn't exist according to our foreign policy
>>
>>52756097
War habbening soon, my american friend.

You'll still make good of your "iron-clad guarantee" that you'll protect us when we get attacked, r-right?

FlipChinks are gonna be the next jews when we get attacked by China
>>
File: filipino.jpg (51 KB, 422x960) Image search: [Google]
filipino.jpg
51 KB, 422x960
>>52756097

>What the average filipino think of Chinese-Filipinos
>>
>>52770066
She's a qt tho.

I have to give her that.
>>
On a related note: I'm going to the Philippines in about 2 weeks to be a fuckin tourist. Flips in this thread, what should I do? Where can I fight Pacquiao? How can I help blowing up some muslims in the south?
>>
>>52770297
Join one of those christian militant groups that behead every islamic rebel they capture.

>be aussie
>go to ph for vacation
>go to mindanao for the keks
>get captured by islamists
>get beheaded

Such is life

Just stay in Luzon and upper Visayas and you'd be alright
>>
>>52770516
>just stay in Visayas

fixed. Luzon is a shithole
>>
File: nice.jpg (35 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
35 KB, 604x453
>>52756097

Is this a mix chink flip or a full flip?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.