[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how/what do they teach about WW2 in axis nations? School and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 1221.jpg (260 KB, 1654x1339) Image search: [Google]
1221.jpg
260 KB, 1654x1339
So how/what do they teach about WW2 in axis nations? School and uni mostly. I mean Germany Italy Japan Hungary Romania and Bulgaria mainly. Pic related is more-a-less what we learn.
>>
Try posting when they are not asleep
>>
>>52706277
Isnt it like 6 or 7 over by most of them? Wait I guess your right then...
>>
>>52706242
Zzz
>>
>>52706242
jajajajaja
>>
>>52706786
Well what do they teach the frogs about the war?
>>
>>52707023
"Muh battle of France but MUH RESISTANCE !!! oh and muh Stalingrad and muh libertion, muh thanks America !!! Muh errr ? Soviets ? Who ?"
>>
>>52706242

We didn't really talk about WW II. Most stuff was about Weimar and why it failed and how Hitler got into power, muh jews etc. I mean we all know how the war ended so it's not really necessairy to talk about it again. We have also talked about the Weiße Rose and other resistance groups, plus the splitting of germany, but that's all we learned around that time.
>>
WWII is covered in the end of a school year and typically taught hastily without exploring details.

We more or less accept the historical standpoint of the Allies and most of us are content with it.
>>
>>52706242
We studied that the Italian generals thought WWII was some kind of picnic, and that our troops were unprepared and badly led wich is true tbf. Of course we concentrate a lot on Mussolini's arrest and on the resistence against the nazi occupation in northern Italy. Basically we're taught that we fucked up big time and that giving up was dishonorable but by far the best thing to do.
>>
>>52707753
Is there even any mention of occupation of China? Let alone rape?
>>
>>52707838
>occupation of China

ofc
On the other hand, the occupation of South East Asia is much less likely to be covered.

>rape
How much to deal with WWII war crimes is largely dependant on each history teacher's preference, I reckon. Nanking massacre and the controversy surrounding it are famous but I suspect the majority of the Japanese are not knowledgable about the details of the incident.
>>
File: who defeated the nazies.jpg (176 KB, 1268x854) Image search: [Google]
who defeated the nazies.jpg
176 KB, 1268x854
>>52707237
>>
>>52708740
Good to see the truth came out over time.
>>
>>52706242
>So how/what do they teach about WW2 in axis nations?
i don't remember being thought anything in school
to us ww2 is just a continuation of ww1, which is a continuation of the 2nd balkan war.
also when talking to people, some support the nazies, some the communists, some don't either, some kind of both. what i've learn about it was through western documentaries and bulgarian history professors on TV shows
>>
Japan has a long history. WW2 is only 1% of history class.
>>
>>52709111
Yes, about 1000 years ago, Abe had power in Tohoku, north Japan. He is an ancestor of prime minister Abe.
The ancestor Abe was defeated by Kiyohara in the battle of zenkunen-no-eki in 1051-62.
Japanese students learn this kind things also.
>>
>>52709111
I took the world history course instead of the national history one in high school, so I have little knowledge about what Japan did in WW2
>>
>>52709111
>>52709347
>>52709457
Strange they dont teach more about it since I would assume it would play into a larger understanding of how Japan is as a nation today. For example I could look into american history prior to WW2 but I would find a nation that wouldnt had been interested in the world at large and had a 4th rate military.
>>
>>52709670
Please, do go back to your isolationist ways.
>>
>>52709705
Please go back to being an unimportant nation no one cares about OH WAIT.
>>
>>52709705
Im sorry that was to mean I love you Slovenian.
>>
File: seen_shit.jpg (15 KB, 250x381) Image search: [Google]
seen_shit.jpg
15 KB, 250x381
>>52709727
>>52709744
But your interventionism screwed us out rightful clay but didn't save us from communism or authoritarianism.

TWICE in a row, god damn it murrica.
>>
>>52709791
>didn't save us from communism
but we won the cold war
we beat da gommies
>>
>>52710110
We weren't part of the cold war.

We were the good guy commies according to the US, WHICH MAKES IT WORSE.

I swear to god, if you cock block us again after muslims take over Europe...
>>
we learn that the good Americans came to rescue us from the evil germans
>>
Taught nothing about the eastern front. It was all we saved Europe with d-day and the bomb is what caused those raping and murdering nips to surrender.

So yeah, my murrican education taught me shit about ww2.
>>
File: Hitler_Mannerheim_Ryti.jpg (22 KB, 400x259) Image search: [Google]
Hitler_Mannerheim_Ryti.jpg
22 KB, 400x259
I think funland ww2 history classes are fun, they mostly focus on winter and continution wars. We go throught the holocaust and stuff but also focus that the germans were great allies and helped us a lot agains the soviets. Kinda shame they didn't won and we had to betrey them in lapland war.

Pic related
>>
>>52710571
>but also focus that the germans were great allies
I thought Finnish education was good.

No mention of how the Germans literally sold you off in the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact? No mention of how Hitler prevented arms shipments to Finland during the winter war?

Top kek.
>>
>>52710661
Well not "great", I may have misworded but neccesary
>>
>>52706242
>what do they teach about WW2 in axis nations?
What happened no guilt added, at least in my case
>>
>>52706242
>so how/what do they teach about WW2 i
ruskies(and others)took our clay, with the blessing of germany. We entered the war on the east to get it back,everything was great until "the crossing of the natural border" . tide turned cue 1944 when glorious king michael totally did not backstab antonescu and the whole country by staging a coup and letting the soviets in.
then we fought alongside soviet to get transilvania back. It's all pictured as a patriotic war,a small country caught in between 2 superpowers type shit.
also holocaust smolocaust,thathappened elsewhere(might have changed since i graduated 10 years ago)
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.