[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do non-Americans fly flags? Driving throw the south on a trip
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: flagpole.jpg (15 KB, 200x268) Image search: [Google]
flagpole.jpg
15 KB, 200x268
Do non-Americans fly flags? Driving throw the south on a trip to Florida I'm seeing every other business or so and some houses with a set of flagpoles, USA flag and their state flag. Even a few Confederate flags, but that was more in Arkansas than Alabama and Mississippi actually.

Back home in Missouri we see a few flags but not that many, almost always only the US flag, only time I've seen a Missouri flag has been outside the high school and this one church.

Are flags common in your state, or for non-Americans, your country?
>>
Yup, you see them around
>>
File: emily-thornberry.jpg (43 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
emily-thornberry.jpg
43 KB, 615x409
Not really, most people don't have flagpoles and flying them at non sporting events is seen as tacky.
Also some right wing groups like the EDL have co-opted flags like England's and given them a bad image, so Labour nancies will scream racist at you if you fly it.
>>
>>52703810
Flags are not common on homes. But I would fly American flag if I had it and the flag pole.
>>
File: 1447726509118.png (117 KB, 763x652) Image search: [Google]
1447726509118.png
117 KB, 763x652
>>52703810
>confederate flags
florida IS NOT Southern
>>
>>52703810
Yes
>>
no, not really
>>
>>52703853
>Labour nancies will scream racist at you if you fly it
So like our Confederate flag?

Though here most people don't give a fuck about if you call them racist or not.
>>
>>52703898
I'm not in Florida yet. Will be tomorrow.

Coming into Georgia I saw a house with their Confederate flag flying on a taller pole than their USA flag.
>>
>>52703810
No. Nobody have flagpoles because we are not proud of ouro country
>>
File: Buddha_flag.jpg (103 KB, 710x993) Image search: [Google]
Buddha_flag.jpg
103 KB, 710x993
>>52703810
I've only seen the national flag being flown on government buildings.

A lot of Buddhist homes fly the Buddhist flag though
>>
File: 1444048879158.png (426 KB, 1300x1002) Image search: [Google]
1444048879158.png
426 KB, 1300x1002
>>52703810
Government buildings do, as well as McDonalds and other international businesses/franchises that want to seem Australian owned.

You'll rarely see people flying the flag outside of their house (can't remember the last time I saw it), and whenever you see people flying the flag in public it's usually either at a V8 race, Boxing day Cricket test, or anti-muslim rallies.

I don't think most Australians have a very strong connection to our flag, it's just a generic colonial flag that we never replaced.
>>
>>52703967
Sort except the English flag has no historical baggage to it.
>>
>>52703810
I know the Chileans do, I think that Afrikaners do too, and so do the few tolerable Canadians as well, but that's about it.
>>
Quite a few business i see have the State/Country/Origin country flags flying here
>>
Nobody flies a flag here unless it's a sports event

What is it with Americans and flags anyway? Do you need constant reminders you are living in America?
>>
>>52704181
yes
>>
>>52704181
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2zlPNGuPbw

apparently
>>
You see the occasional flag in my town, usually in a window or something. There's a house just down the road from me who has a proper flag pole out the front.
>>
>>52704181
If you were living in America you'd want a constant reminder too.
>>
You see them around. Businesses like to fly them. At peoples homes, more likely to see them in rural areas than in cities.
>>
>>52703810
quite a few around here. also see a lot flying American flags too, no idea why tho
>>
>>52704280
51st state
>>
>>52704280
Where do you live?
>>
>>52704181
A lot of Americans only fly US flags to trick the government into thinking they like America.

When in reality, most Americans would rather their respective state broke off and became its own thing.
>>
Actually I see more people with the flag somewhere on their clothes than I see them as flags proper.
>>
>>52704321
at first i thought it was just Americans living here but then my fucking neighbour who is 100% Canadian even flew a US flag for a bit so i really have no clue

>>52704348
Southwestern Ontario
>>
the only time you see the st george cross are during edl/britain first marches and/or during the weeks of international football tournaments

the only time you see union jacks is during the last night of the proms or whenever it's been decreed we haven't fellated the royals enough recently
>>
My uncle has a flag collection and flies each different one on that countries national day. Since he lives near all the embassies in Canberra he had the Taiwanese ambassador come to his house and request he fly their flag.
>>
>>52704122
>the English flag has no historical baggage

http://i.imgur.com/uAfNLG9.gif
>>
>>52704425
Ontario is de facto American clay anyway
>>
>>52704520
>on image board
>posts link to an image instead of attaching it to your post
>tumblr gif
>...
Kill you'reself.
>>
>>52704520
what the fuck kind of post was this
>>
>>52704089
southernfag detected

I see them all the time
>>
>>52704386
No. We're not all Texans or Cascmemians.
>>
They're all over the place in my state. Most are the pairs of the American flag and New Mexican state flag, sometimes as individuals, and then there are also Texas and Colorado flags around.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 473x355) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 473x355
They're EVERYWHERE over here. If you come here for about 2 weeks, you will probably see the flag about 500 times, maybe even more.
>>
>>52703898
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_in_the_American_Civil_War
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.