[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I'm an American that lives in a part of Japan that has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8
File: paula-kawanishi-muse.jpg (64 KB, 590x650) Image search: [Google]
paula-kawanishi-muse.jpg
64 KB, 590x650
So, I'm an American that lives in a part of Japan that has high population of Brazilians living in it. Now, Japan is scarce of foreigners, let alone have them in any concentration, but they higher the cheap labor from across the world to work the factories.

I find this incredibly interesting because both cultures are diametrically opposed, literally complete opposites. How did/do these two cultures manage to intermingle. Most Brazilians I meet aren't particularly happy living in this country. They site reasons like good pay and safe living conditions as primary motivators, but is that worth the borderline depression many of them suffer (especially the ones that work with mostly other Japanese people)?

I would like to know people's opinion on this matter, preferably from either side of the situation. I know Brazil has the largest population of Japanese outside of Japan, so how do those people get along over there?

Please discuss. [spoiler]Also, I can't think of a sexier mix of races than this. Please prove me wrong.[/spoiler]
>>
Japanese that come to Brazil turn into Brazilians. There is little resemblance to the Japanese personality besides preferring other Japanese to have as friends.

That polandball comic where they show what happens with foreigners in Brazil and the UK is mostly true in our part. I could never live in other country.

t. Children of Japanese diaspora
>>
>>52673471
ALBERTO FUJIMORI

VOTE FOR A CHINK!
>>
File: CarolNakamura.jpg (135 KB, 1600x899) Image search: [Google]
CarolNakamura.jpg
135 KB, 1600x899
That's true, the japanese diaspora was the one that took longer to assimilate into brazilian society, but today after the third/forth generation they are all brazilians, culturally speaking. It's very rare to find a young NipoBrazilian that speaks japanese
>>
>>52673471
In the 90s, Japan tried to repatriate Japanese Brazilians, because your population is dying out

They were termed "Dekasegi" and are treated like regular gaijins. Japan couldn't integrate even ethnic Japanese

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilians_in_Japan
>>
My guess is that because Brazil is a mix of everything, it's easy for us to adapt to anywhere.
>>
>>52673920
>Japan couldn't integrate even ethnic Japanese
This. Japanese society is so xenophobic that even their own ethnic people that stayed just a few generations outside of Nippon aren't considered Japanese anymore
>>
Most of my friends were born in Japan, but they moved to Brazil. I think they see Brazil as a easier way to get up in life. Brazilian universities, and nice places in some important company here are not that hard to get in, mainly the particular ones. Some of them will just graduate here and go back to Japan - just to try not work as a cheap labor.

Even the born in Japan people I know, does not have too much japanese culture characteristics. They are really open here in Brazil, unlike the korean people. Much of them do not get along with the japanese people. Also, they tend to force this "muh heritage" a lot. But they tend to be nice people to get along with.

About brazilians living in Japan, all I hear are the things you mentioned. Like cities with even things written in portuguese and stuff. But are not they basically only Brazilian-Japanese or something? Because I think brazilians with not japanese descendance have a really hard time there, all the cultural stuff must be overwhelming to them.
>>
>>52673471
Ota city or Minami ward in Nagoya city
>>
>>52673471
>How do those people get along over there?
Because Brazilian culture is open and integrate immigrants better than any other. 2nd or 3rd generation of immigrants are already full Brazilians. Plus Japanese people are such a wonder, look at this:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/09/world/americas/airao-velho-brazil-shigeru-nakayama.html?_r=0
>>52673683
>besides preferring other Japanese to have as friends
This is mainly a São Paulo thing afaik.
>>
>>52673920
>Japan couldn't integrate even ethnic Japanese
Japanese-Brazilians are not ethnic Japanese
>>
>>52677119
Méjico pls.
>>
>>52677084
Nah, everywhere they will band together. They will be friendly with everyone but you will see the core friends are all nips.
>>
>>52673471
>I'm an American that lives in a part of Japan that has high population of Brazilians living in it. Now
Are you a laborer for Japanese factories?
>>
>>52677178
Not really..sounds like wishfull thinking from your part. Paulistas are naturally autists so maybe it would explain this phenomenon in your state.
>>
>>52677119

plz stahp mexico, go back to siesta, you're embarrassing /cum/
>>
>japs emigrate
>200 years later their grandsons go back to japland
>"AYO KONNICHIWA SEMPAI, ONDE ESTÀ EL BURRITO JAJAJAJA"
>cannot integrate into jap culture
>cannot be bothered to learn the language, let's force portuguese on them
>get depressed because of it

I'm not saying they deserve it. But they do. If you want out from your shithole and go into another country where they speak portuguese you could go to

1 ...
2 ...
3 The bucket

Well. Let's say they maybe should just adapt and stop being sudaca faggots.
>>
>>52673683
>Japanese that come to Brazil turn into Brazilians.

Sure, every Jap here is beta as shit. They act like the stereotypical nerd.
>>
File: 1450518276080.jpg (237 KB, 899x910) Image search: [Google]
1450518276080.jpg
237 KB, 899x910
Japan don't need this kind of immigrants.
>>
>>52679247

Actually they adapt better than Koreans and Chinese in Japan.

Also

>burritos

Are Italians really that ignorant? Or they just pretend to be ignorant like North Americans just to people think they are white?
>>
>>52679489
>Actually they adapt better than Koreans and Chinese in Japan.

I never heard about this. I heard about Yakuza turning Japanese-Brazilian girls into prostitutes around Tokyo.
>>
>>52679557

Koreans and Chinese are the number one in criminality in Japan.
>>
>>52679247
Calm down Mario, we are talking about japanese brazilians not the trannies that go work in Italy.
>>
>>52679695

Como se italiano não fosse tratado como escória em país anglo...

Só no Brasil e na América do Sul que italiano é tratado como rei.
>>
>>52673471
>Also, I can't think of a sexier mix of races than this. Please prove me wrong.
that bitch looks full on ayy lmao. 0/10
>>
>>52673683
>That polandball comic where they show what happens with foreigners in Brazil and the UK
Requesting it, pretty please.
>>
>>52679592
Japanese-Brazilian very submissive. Good for slave work.
>>
>>52679761
Calm down Wesley. No need to be mean.
>>
>>52679928

Tá com bundinha doída "oni", "elli"?
>>
File: 1450431275615.jpg (35 KB, 493x387) Image search: [Google]
1450431275615.jpg
35 KB, 493x387
>>52679981
Naldo, pls stahp.
>>
File: 1447201949930.png (247 KB, 1876x1256) Image search: [Google]
1447201949930.png
247 KB, 1876x1256
>>52679766
>>52673683

huehuehue
>>
>>52677119
this is true. the current generation are mostly mongrels. assimilation would have been easier had they remained more racially pure.
>>
>>52679489
What's wrong with burrito? What's the national dish there, paella?

>>52679695
Mang, only 3 types of people emigrate out of brazil

1 viados
2 vagabundos
3 whores
>>
>>52681163
Mario, again. We are not talking about the trannies and fags that go work in Italy because of the better market.
>>
>>52681437
Brazilian prostitutes are very popular all over Europe. Gringo men love our women.
>>
>>52681498
>Gringo
Aren't gringos just Americans?
>>
>>52681536
Nope. Everyone but Portugueses.
>>
>>52681437
Well shit man :(
I am terrible at baiting. I also love brazil send more of your people. We need manpower to counterbalance boats people
>>
>>52681604
You should've insisted. I was just bluffing and ready to give up.
I love you too Mario :^)
>>
>>52681536

Everyone is gringo, Angolans, Koreans...
>>
In Brazil they are as any other Brazilian.
In Japan they feel out of place and mostly miss Brazilian culture, but are still hesitant to leave a safe and rich first world country to move to a violent and poor 3rd world country. I can understand them very well.
>>
Many Brazilians living in here.
yes its true my some Japanese women coworkers scared of Brazilians living area.

Male don't give a fuck.They love to eat delicious meat in Brazilian restaurant.

But it's same goes for other foreigners too.
it called xenophobia...I know.But foreigners are still rare in most of Japan.

so it can't be helped.we need more time for fix of xenophobia.

sorry.
>>
File: dd11e1c0.jpg (21 KB, 400x422) Image search: [Google]
dd11e1c0.jpg
21 KB, 400x422
いつもの在日のスレの作り方に似ているが気のせいか?
>>
>>52681852
I'm gypsy, how can i seduce Japanese girl?
>>
>>52681964
OPは日本語がまあまあできるアメリカ人だと思うよ。

ずっと前も中国人が日本人の社長を刺した事件についてスレを立ててた。
>>
File: timeline 1924--JP10_sm.jpg (93 KB, 568x800) Image search: [Google]
timeline 1924--JP10_sm.jpg
93 KB, 568x800
I think people already commented on this, but we had a large Japanese wave of immigration in by the end of 1800s until the 1920s I think. They moved mainly to the countryside in states of São Paulo, Paraná and Mato Grosso to Sul in order to work in coffee plantations with Italians. There are millions of ethnic Japanese in Brazil or mixed-race, there are even some Japanese codenames for these immigrants and their subsequent generations.

Indeed, many Brazilians have recently turned back to Japan in order to regain some identity and work, retain ties with other relatives etc. One of my university teachers is Belgian with Japanese and Brazilian parents, and she makes some documentaries on the question (she also studies Philippino immigrants in Japan).

If you're interested, see if you can find anything on Yumi Garcia dos Santos.
>>
>>52681989
Im México, how do I seduce Brasil girl?
>>
>>52673471
I'm colombian
>>
I think Japan will take a while for it to be over its xenophobic traits. It is still a great place.
Brazilians come live here T_T
>>
>>52682242
Traga las tequilas cabrón.
>>
>higher
hire

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>52673471
Brazil also has the most Japanese people in it outside of Japan.
>>
>>52682531
Do Brazilian women scared of Japanese living area?
>>
>>52673471
>They site reasons like good pay and safe living conditions as primary motivators, but is that worth the borderline depression many of them suffer (especially the ones that work with mostly other Japanese people)?

Absolutely. Money is everything. Money is, as far as I am concerned, Son, Father, and The Holey Spirit all rolled into easy to to carry package than can save your ass almost everytime. People are even willing to suck cocks for money (not that I ever used their services or anything, I just know it because of my education).

Of course somebody born into wealthy nation who never had to worry about the future because of extensiver safety net wouldn't understand.
>>
>>52673471

firstly i wanna tell the World that I really enjoy OP pic and she's my type.

Secondly: even Japanese are depressed and kill themselves a lot. It's not surprise at all that brazilians do it just for the pay and safety.

Third: are you banging japanese pretty girls? Are you white?
>>
>>52682419
Ok, I'll bring lots of tequila with me, what else? How would you describe brazilian girls?
How do you pick them up?
>>
>>52680685
why doesn't lebanon have tea?
>>
>>52683496
Just say : "hey qt wanna try the mexican tequila of la passion ?" with a hard accent, mostly of girls don't know nothing about mexico, so just for be a gringo will work for you
>>
>>52681163
>What's wrong with burrito? What's the national dish there, paella?
Know who you're bantering with, Giuseppe.
Use "feijoada" for bantering purposes the next time.
>>
>>52683736
Which city has better girls, Sao Paulo, Rio, any you can recommend?
Also, thinking about going to study a masters degree in Brazil, what is your opinion on the professional work and employment landscape?
>>
>>52682242
My cousins dated Mexicans back in Los Angeles.

Just speak Spanish loudly, drive a tacky car and some loud music in it.
>>
>>52686459
That sounds so bad.
What is the opinion of Huezilians about Mexicans?
>>
>>52686644
Not good at all. Possibly worse than the opinions of white Americans.
>>
>>52674759
I live there too
>>
>>52679247
argie detected
>>
>>52686870
pls answer
>>52686060
>>
>>52673471
I feel like you're a Brazilian living in Japan.
>>
>>52681964
>muh 在日
>>
File: Paulo-Orlando1-1000x600.jpg (110 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
Paulo-Orlando1-1000x600.jpg
110 KB, 1000x600
Thank you Japanese BRs for making Paulo Orlando possible
>>
I have a good friend from Sao Paulo who is Japanese Brazilian. His parents came from Japan and he tried to work there for a while before returning to Brazil. He eventually married a 1/4 Black Brazilian girl and he's very happy now
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.