[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm new here and I want to know what is "hispanic"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: unnamed.png (40 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
40 KB, 384x384
I'm new here and I want to know what is "hispanic" and what "latino" means physically in North America.

They always post Native American looking people. You need to look somewhat Native American to be "hispanic", "latino"?

I find this pretty confuse.
>>
FIRST FOR /CELT/
>>
Hispanic = speaks Spanish
Latino = from Latin America

Brazilians are Latino but not Hispanic

otherwise the terms are pretty much useless because no one knows what the fuck they're talking about anyway. a hispanic person can be white, they can grow up speaking spanish so I don't fucking know
>>
>>52669514
good lad
>>
>>52669524

I'm asking physically. They always post Native American looking people.
>>
>>52669571
Well I think Native Americans and "Hispanics" come from the same stock. They look the same cause they are the same, hispanics are more mixed up with mestizos and all that though but they basically are the same
>>
File: central_america.jpg (27 KB, 450x193) Image search: [Google]
central_america.jpg
27 KB, 450x193
>>52669446

It's because this region is homogeneous as fuck.

They don't have a considerable number of white looking and black looking people, only mestizos of Spanish + Amerindian
>>
>>52669446

Não procure entender.
>>
>>52669643
It's still a pretty shitty term desu senpai. Hispanic should only be a cultural/language/history term, whereas LatinAmericans looking like, well Native Americans, should fill that gap and not the Latino one.
>>
>>52669643
"Hispanic" has nothing to do with race or skin color. You can be anyone (who relates to a Spanish-speaking ethnicity) and be Hispanic. It just tends to be the case that the great majority of Hispanics that come to America are mestizos, and so people think all Hispanics are mestizos.
>>
>>52674885

Mas eu quero saber.
>>
>>52674959
>>52675374
I agree, I just think OP was implying Hispanic gets used as a race and when they say Hispanic they probably mean mestizos/spanish-speaking natives/whatever even if that's not the correct usage
>>
Hispanic is a cultural term, latino is a clusterfuck.

I blame the chicanos.
>>
File: 1450299214063.jpg (78 KB, 537x555) Image search: [Google]
1450299214063.jpg
78 KB, 537x555
>>52669446
Hi new friend did you meet Alberto Barbosa?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.