[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finnic Language - Match Words
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
Moi!
I'm learning Finnish and I'm happy to see that there are many words that are the same as some I already know.
Now I can speak perfectly Romanian (which has some Russian words as Finnish) and Italian, 2 romance languages that shouldn't have anything in common with the Finnic language but here are some interesting words I found:

Romanian: Piersică
Finnish: Persikka

Romanian: Sută
Finnish: Sata

Romanian: Mine, Tine, Sine
Finnish: Minä, Sinä, Hän

Romanian: Carte
Finnish: Kirja

Romanian: Apropo
Finnish: Apropo

Italian: Tasca
Finnish: Tasku

Italian: Pallone
Finnish: Pallo

Italian: Auto
Finnish: Auto

Italian: Gomma
Finnish: Kumi

Italian: Carina
Finnish: Kaunis

Romanian: Chitară
Italian: Chitarra
Finnish: Kitara

Romanian: Crăciun Fericit! :D
Italian: Buon Natale! :D
Finnish: Hyvää Joulua! :D
>>
>Apropo
>>
>>52654325
It means "by the way" in Romanian, and if I'm not getting wrong is the same in Finnish too
>>
>>52654429
i have never heard it before 2bh fäm
>>
>>52654219
When first southern europeans learned how to breath air and left mediterranean sea, they first met some ancient finns who were building pyramids in egypt. These ancient finns used those words, which are still known in some southern languages.
>>
>>52654460
>>52654429
It is a Finnish word, I even use it quite often.
>>
>>52654539
t. no2 breathing turbo autist
>>
File: hämis.jpg (71 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
hämis.jpg
71 KB, 640x480
>>52654460
My mom says it.
>>
>>52654219

Why is Auto interesting? It's the same word in dozens of languages, literally. Apropo isn't Finnish, at least not proper Finnish.
>>
>>52654460
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC43_4ZYo9M

If you get the same scene in Romanian he will say the same word, "Apropo" but there isn't on YT
>>
>>52654219
You can fuck off with your Finnic map, earliest Proto-Finnic developed in Estonia and Finns are a bunch of reindeer-herders who adopted it. Reference: perkele.
>>
>>52654800
t.butthurt mushroom seller
>>
>>52654770
idk might be some better peoples word.
I'm pretty bydlo anyway
>>
>>52654800
Sorry m8, I forgot that you have similar languages.
Do the words I wrote means the same thing in Estonian too?
>>
>>52654874
Check your local lapland reindeer herder about how Finnics counquered their land.
>>
The words have the same root, doesn't mean the languages are closely related
>>
>>52654770

But it still isn't a Finnish word. You can literally make Finnish versions of a shitton of words but they don't turn Finnish in the process. For example: quality=kvaliteetti, quantity=kvantiteetti, decimal=desimaali, etc... There are naturally words that are Finnish by nature, like lohikäärme=dragon or mesikämmen=bear. If you want this thread to be interesting in the slightest you should search for similarities in those words.
>>
>>52655039
I didn't say that they're closely related, I was just curious about how the hell some words between two languages like Finnic and Romance could look like the same :)
>>
>apropo

että siis niin kuin mitä?
>>
>>52654874
Also, I have to say about mushroom sellers - if they can make 5 finnish cops have bloody noses, then you should hire them to kick off all the mudslimes. We know how to use AK rifles, might as well throw in tracer bullets to let you see how we deal with shitters.
>>
>>52655249
come to uk pls eesti kebap removal
>>
File: 1451002523442.jpg (1 MB, 1942x1223) Image search: [Google]
1451002523442.jpg
1 MB, 1942x1223
easy
>>
>>52655249
You're speaking like a Russian, who I think you are
>>
>>52655249
>you should hire them to kick off all the mudslimes
Why? We are not racists.

I bet you are russian. Estonians are mellow people and they don't use guns. They even decided to become part of USSR just because they don't believe in guns and war.
>>
>>52654219

Finnish has a lot of Latin loan words. Some of the older Indo-European loan words in Finnish might be similar to Romance by co-incidence.
kaatua>cadere for example would be many of thousands old.
>>
Törpökek, hupikek
>>
>>52655419
Yeah right, wait until you find out any other Estonian has an AK and grenades somewhere.
>>
>now I can speak romanian

It's not something you should be proud of
>>
"Apropo" is French (we write it "à propos") but it's the same thing, for you guys wondering.

As for the similarities concerning personal pronous and conjugations (Finnish imperative is exactly the same as in Latin, the endings' patterns in most tenses match quite closely, etc.), they actually have no explanation for the moment, and serve as ground for the theory of Fenno-Ugric languages being related to Indo-European ones, but having separated extremely early in their development, hence why they're still largely closer to other European tongues than say Chinese or Korean. It's a quite interesting subject.
>>
File: hupikék törpikék.jpg (137 KB, 560x280) Image search: [Google]
hupikék törpikék.jpg
137 KB, 560x280
>>52655546
>>
>>52654219
This post is so cute and innocent.
>>
>Romanian: Apropo
>Finnish: Apropo

Just tell me what that means and I'll begin to use it fäm.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.