[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the difference between a state, province, county and region?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1440016606876.jpg (176 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1440016606876.jpg
176 KB, 1280x960
What is the difference between a state, province, county and region?
>>
I don't you
>>
Depends on the country, but my understanding is this:

Region is generally a linguistic/cultural division, maybe an old kingdom or principality that has blended into the current nation, not always a single administrative unit.

County is a small administrative department, a sub-division of a province,

Province can be based on cultural or historical divisions. A province has to at least have one important urban center.

States mostly exists in federations, they have a greater autonomy than provinces.
>>
>>52647880
>you'll never have threesome with two cougars
>>
I would, both
>>
>>52647880

State uses his sovereinety to regions/provinces, his administrations, in a federation he uses his part of sovereinety to fix the federation policy

a province is a sub-division of a city, composed cities and regions

country is a synonym for nation

region is a sub-division of province

t. law student
>>
>>52648221
Thanks Algerian lad
>>
btw i would do both, i have a fetish on this
>>
>>52648616
country =/= county (comté)
>>
>>52648692

crap, misunderstood.
Good definition btw
>>
>>52648221
>County is a small administrative department, a sub-division of a province,
A province, or a state. We have counties.
>>
File: 1450634017911.png (2 MB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1450634017911.png
2 MB, 900x900
>>52648692
>>52648739
>Algerian teaching French to a French
>>
>>52648616
>country is a synonym for nation
No it isn't there are nations that don't have a country or even autonomy
>>
state: lawful and recognized physical space and the commanding government

region: area, may or may not be inside of a single state, or may be comprised of many states; not an official administrative level, only a generalizing sublevel

province: largest sublevel of governance of a state, states in america are these

county: comprise a province. counties themselves are comprised of townships

there is a difference between state and nation
state is the physical aspect of an area, the government, borders, and the only one that has the legitimate and lawful use of force
see: france, japan, a FUCKING leafia
nation is the intangible element of an area, a collective understanding of values and traditions
see: french people, the japanese, hillbillies

the largest stateless nation in the world would be the kurds, as they do not have a recognized and legitimate state to reside in
>>
>>52648616
>country is a synonym for nation

dingu dongu retarudo alert

country = state
country != nation
you != good lawyer
my dick = coming home for christmas in yo butt
>>
>>52650832

>region
>not an official administrative level

>region
>smaller than a province
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.