[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is this country so fucked up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: 1441903364546.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1441903364546.gif
2 MB, 500x500
why is this country so fucked up?
>>
Tell me, what's so fucked up about it?
>>
>>52630202
expat here, lots of things man, the people, the culture, conscription, weather and the whole system is kinda fucked up if you think about it.
>>
>>52630202
bump, thoughts? opinions? Trying to gain more perspective here.
>>
>>52630682
bump
>>
>>52630682
its shit
>>
>>52630959
word.
>>
>poland with muzzy crescent on
yup
>>
>>52630249
You gotta be a bit more specific here if you want me to relate
>>
>>52630153
>>52630249
>the people, the culture, conscription, weather and the whole system is kinda fucked up if you think about it.
Agreed mate.
>>
>>52630202
>>52631037
Culture: Literally no culture
Conscription: Government wastes two years of your time before you go to university. I haven't been conscripted, it's pretty much what I dread the most at this point
Weather: Literally 30 degrees all year
Whole system? Many other things, like education, the language, the politics, etc.
(not OP, by the way.)
>>
>>52630153
Are you white?
>>
atleast your middle class are better than indon
>>
>>52631095
Most of us are Chinese.
>>
>>52631111
shitty quads
>>
>>52630153
Because that country is Dystopia.
>>
>>52631092
>Literally no culture
Yeah, that must be pretty strange. Gotta like a modern cityscape if you live there.

Conscription is basically fucked up wherever they have it, but it keeps Malaysia from invading you guys. Even though that's probably a much smaller threat than it used to be.
>>
>>52631147
shut the fuck up soleh, go praise allah its 6:20
>>
>>52631142
I'm curious about this, why are there so many Chinese in SE Asia?
>>
>>52631192
>why are there so many Chinese in SE Asia
The Strait of Malacca is the most valuable trade route in the world. So Chinese migrated south for trade opportunities.

Singapore's the only country with a Chinese majority (about 75%) though. Malaysia and Indonesia do have sizeable minorities, though.

t. Second-generation Singaporean Chinese, parents from Malaysia and Indonesia
>>
>>52631228
And Chinese that emigrated were forbidden by law to return to China through much of its history
>>
>>52631267
>And Chinese that emigrated were forbidden by law to return to China through much of its history
Really? Didn't know that, interesting.
>>
>>52631189
singapore actually become a country because it was expelled from malaysia
>>
>>52631267
this is true, but now china opening up their border once again for the chinese people on SE Asia to return. and ofcourse no one in the right mind would go back to a fucking shithole
>>
>>52631267
Fuck china though, let me return to taiwan.
OP here.
>>
>>52631394
>let me return to taiwan
Are you a citizen, and how old are you mate
>>
File: ugly ass building.jpg (14 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
ugly ass building.jpg
14 KB, 259x194
>>52630153
Also just to add on, the apartment buildings here are ugly af. They're like little prison cells.
>>
>>52631394
the most reasonable place to go is msia desu, or aus if you prefer an english speaking country
>>
>>52631429
20. i'm PR undergoing conscription, fuck i don't even live here fuck's sake. I'm studying in the states.
>>
>>52631470
>I'm studying in the states
Future tense?
I mean, do you have an invitation to a Unitedstatian university or something?

I'm rather curious because I'm still in JC, and I'm planning to go the same route.
>>
>>52631501
No. I came back only because of the army.

About studying in the states, just apply man, but take some form of english language test because apparently singapore isn't really recognized as a english speaking country. Your Alevels will be assumed to be the same as UKs, which is way easier.
>>
>>52631604
>Your Alevels will be assumed to be the same as UKs, which is way easier.
Fug :DDD
God damn, really. Meh, guess I'll hope for an invitation or something, else I'll apply.

How's the army? Specifically, life after BMT?
>>
>>52631092
>Conscription: Government wastes two years of your time before you go to university. I haven't been conscripted, it's pretty much what I dread the most at this point
I know that feel mate
>>
>>52631647
waste of time period.
>>
>>52631669
I fucking blame your country, it's the one that introduced conscription to us.

At least conscription here has been nerfed a lot, so I'm probably going to have it better than you are.

>>52631683
Is there a lot of free time/Internet access? Basically my main concern tb.h, I'm a lonely faggot who can't live without shitposting.
>>
>>52631192
white devils brought chinks to South East Asia to use as Jew replacement and exploit natives. Singapore is a prime example of it.
>>
File: drake.png (199 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
drake.png
199 KB, 800x600
>>52631820
>a Japanese poster enters the thread
>>
>>52631725
Yes, there will be especially after boot camp. Everyday you're practically sitting around doing nothing or something retarded.
>>
>>52631853
isn't it true? I despise all chinks who became errand boys of white devils in South East Asia. you guys are traitors of Asian race. Japanese at least fought back to white devils, much better than you chinks willingly knelt at the side of white devils without.
>>
>>52631972
Riley please go home or turn off the proxy.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with being westernised. The government here thinks otherwise, though.

>>52631855
Wew, thanks lad.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.