[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the most Slavic thing you've ever done?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 15
File: IMG_20140831_060118.jpg (307 KB, 1246x816) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140831_060118.jpg
307 KB, 1246x816
What's the most Slavic thing you've ever done?
>>
Me and friends met a "Russian" guy when we were out and were pretending to be slavs by head butting things around the city and squatting etc

woke up the next day to realise the russian guy wasn't headbutting things he was just laughing at us the whole time
>>
File: DSC_0380.jpg (2 MB, 2470x3729) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0380.jpg
2 MB, 2470x3729
>>
>>52619904
Smoked a Belomorkanal while playing STALKER and drinking Russian Standard. Ive done it more than once.
>>
squatting and drinking, two days ago
>>
File: 1441271434181.gif (896 KB, 320x179) Image search: [Google]
1441271434181.gif
896 KB, 320x179
>>52619966
>heels don't touch the ground
>>
I had an urge to crush the Eternal Fritz
>>
>>52620058
I know this might be weird for you, but we don't all have that mongolian gene for the achilles tendon.
>>
When I'm out in the fields and have no loo to take the poo to, I regularly do the slavsquat for easy relief
>>
File: 1.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
drinking a lot of vodka at home?
>>
File: Grandpa.png (572 KB, 601x803) Image search: [Google]
Grandpa.png
572 KB, 601x803
>>52619904

Pic Related
>>
>>52620130
>le mongol
It's a known fact that in the SLAV squat, heels touch the ground.
>>
Squatted under some concrete bunker like thing while drinking cheap vodka waiting for the rain to calm down a bit with a couple of comrades
Heels touching the ground btw
>>
>>52620368
yeah, people like russians and finns can do it, everyone west of the great steppe has problems with it
>>
>>52620430
So you're saying only mongols can get their heels touch the ground while squatting?
>>
>>52620503
nope
>>
>>52620511
>everyone west of the great steppe has problems with it

What did you mean by this, then?
>>
>Slovene and Finnish autists having an autism contest on MY /int/

I thought my life had peaked with the HDI publication it seems I was wrong
>>
>>52620659
пeйт в pит пpeклeт aнглeж, фyкaм ти мт, aмпaк нe зapec, and so on and so on

>>52620618
literally what is written
>>
>>52620430
>>52620368
For me, it's actually harder to squat just on the toes than it is with heels on the ground, it kinda surprised me that it's apparently the opposite for most
>>
>>52619904
Literally nothing
>>
>>52619904
fucked your mom lmao
>>
File: 12.png (532 KB, 449x737) Image search: [Google]
12.png
532 KB, 449x737
Drank vodka every day until I would pass out then wake up and start over, lost like 3 lbs ended up dry heaving for 2 days straight
>>
>>52619904
Being born half-slav.
>>
File: fgsfds.jpg (11 KB, 150x196) Image search: [Google]
fgsfds.jpg
11 KB, 150x196
>>52620720
>>
>>52620694
>Fuck in the pit ppeklet Englishman , you fykam mt, but not crisp,
>>
>>52620781
got a problem with it not being crisp?
>>
>>52620857
Was what you posted Slovenian in Cyrillic?
>>
File: le_ebin_raep_maymay.png (17 KB, 1575x107) Image search: [Google]
le_ebin_raep_maymay.png
17 KB, 1575x107
>>52620764
No raep possible for me, grandparents born before the war, parents after it.
But I do most likely have some West Slav in me from my Silesian side
>>
>>52620884
It was Serbian apparently

But at the end of the day, moon runes are moon runes innit bruv
>>
>>52620884
yeah, but in slang

>>52620900
neat, where did you make the test?
>>
>>52620982
Not my personal test, but of many personal samples of the Eurogenes project, it's a K12b analysis
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GWhNZcfTQ2hMSK9Ni1IqG7aXHB00SRE5L6ED2osPs9M/edit?hl=en_US#gid=0

I'd do 23andme too if they weren't such utter kikes with their $100 shipping costs
>>
>>52619904
squat 2pl8

>inb4 weak
Suck my cock
>>
having several adidas tracksuits
no squatting though
thats for gypsies
>>
Squatted in an abandoned building while drinking vodka. My friend had sunflower seeds
>>
I squat 3pl8
>>
File: slavs.png (46 KB, 804x139) Image search: [Google]
slavs.png
46 KB, 804x139
>>52619904
>>
Merely existing
>>
>>52621226
Can confirm it's true, I murdered a kitten after torturing him when I was 7, it was really really fun, I felt nothing bad. Of course did that to a lot of insects too and I've killed a few frogs by ripping them apart, it wasn't easy because they're tough.
>>
My three coaches, a slovakian, polak and a russian molded me as one of their own from the age of 3 to mid teens. Taught me disciprine and squatting from a young age. I also own a striped tracksuit.
>>
>>52619904
I once spent 30 minutes trying to make the liberator face in front of my computer after drinking too much.
>>
>>52619904
>squat
>vodka
>lived in a commieblock
>prison
>rape
>>
>>52619904
All the time (at home only), I use weird Polish slang that's been passed down in my family since they arrived in this country like 100 years ago.

Any slavs care to tell me how accurate it is, if I post some?
>>
>>52621270
>>52621226

yep, I chopped up a bear with an axe when I was 9, my father just laughed and made me some cocoa
>>
>>52621444
Post it.
>>
>>52621504
I've never seen any of them written, so I'll try to spell them phonetically.

Polish derived:

>Ska-zufka
Small unit of measurement. "I've only got one skazufka of gas left, better fill up soon".

>Moofen-ged-atch
Command telling someone to get moving, or pick up the pace. "We gotta get this done by noon, moofengedatch.

>Madsku, bosku, yany-koheny, sadovna
Phrase of exasperation. Roughly equivalent to English "Jesus Christ!". I suspect it's the Polish for some kind of blessing.

>Booshi, or Buzi
Means "face". Children or pets are often said to have a "dirty buzi".

Slovak and/or Russian derived:

At Easter, you greet someone by saying the following:
>Vostosvos krist
(Christ is Risen!)

Then they reply:
>Vosteenosvos krist
(Indeed He is risen).

There may be more, but this is what immediately comes to mind.
>>
>>52620228
>$2 vodka
Slav as fuck
>>
>>52621635
Really interesting. Polish ones are hard to understand for me though I feel like I know the last one, it's probably "buzia", used just like you say.

>At Easter, you greet someone by saying the following:
>>Vostosvos krist
>(Christ is Risen!)
Yep we do that in Russia, it's "Khristos voskres(e)" (Хpиcтoc вocкpece), the last e is optional.

>Then they reply:
>>Vosteenosvos krist
>(Indeed He is risen).
Voistinu voskres(e) (Boиcтинy вocкpece). The part you singled out as krist is actually part of the word meaning "risen".
>>
File: car-stereo-sports-car.jpg (87 KB, 756x504) Image search: [Google]
car-stereo-sports-car.jpg
87 KB, 756x504
reggaeton shithole
>>
>>52621768
That's interesting to hear.

I posted the Easter ones in a Russian thread one time and they told me it wasn't Russian but actually Old Church Slavonic, which makes a bit more sense to me, since nobody in my family is supposed to be Russian, but the side it comes from is Slovak.

Do Slovaks say it differently? We've always put the order like I had it, not reversed like you did, but when spoken I think it actually sounds like the word combination you mentioned.
>>
>>52621887
There's almost no difference between the two, if you remove the final "e" it makes it modern Slavic, with "e" it's pure Church Slavonic. I suspect that the accent is more of a Slovak one because Russian rendition of it replaces the "o"'s with "a"s in pronunciation. Russian orthography is not very phonetic in this regard.

I didn't actually reverse them, only moved the boundaries between words, which is why it sounds the same. Since they're fixed phrases the order is never reversed in practice.
>>
I've never committed genocide; Slavs never commit genocide.
>>
>>52621635
>dirty buzi
Your mom has a dirty buzi.
>>
File: where am I.jpg (19 KB, 600x333) Image search: [Google]
where am I.jpg
19 KB, 600x333
>>52619904
Squatted [spoiler]with my heels to the ground.[/spoiler]
>>
>>52622029
Sounds like it was a Church Slavonic phrase that crept into all the individual Slavic languages with minor changes. That's kinda cool.

It looks like you reversed the first one, but not the second.

For the Polish phrases, I've sometimes wondered if they're not Jewish derived, since they kinda seem like the things Jewish mothers say, but I have no evidence one way or the other. You, as a Slav, not recognizing them at all just reminded me of this idea.
>>
>>52619959
Aussies are pretty much white Slavs desu
>>
>>52622142
>It looks like you reversed the first one, but not the second.
Oh, sorry, I forgot to comment on that one. With the way you provided it, "Vostosvos krist", from reading aloud the obviously mangled spelling I get the phrase meaning "Vostos is risen", which is nonsensical. I suspect that at some point when understanding of the phrase was lost in your family, the meaning of "Christ" was reassigned to the last part of "voskres" (~ is risen) which was reanalyzed as ending in "krist" (which resembles Christ), and the first word became "Vostosvos" by some mistake. It's an interesting development. It's admirable to me that you have managed to preserve your Slavic heritage.

>For the Polish phrases, I've sometimes wondered if they're not Jewish derived, since they kinda seem like the things Jewish mothers say, but I have no evidence one way or the other. You, as a Slav, not recognizing them at all just reminded me of this idea.
Half of them may be Jewish-derived but that one
>Madsku, bosku, yany-koheny, sadovna
is probably a genuinely Slavic passage which I just don't recognise because Polish is after all not entirely similar to Russian. "Madsku, bosku" is probably a reference to Virgin Mary (Matka Boska)
>>
>>52621289
>rape

wew
>>
>>52619904
squat shitting is actually good for you
>>
>>52622399
>I suspect that at some point when understanding of the phrase was lost in your family, the meaning of "Christ" was reassigned to the last part of "voskres" (~ is risen) which was reanalyzed as ending in "krist" (which resembles Christ), and the first word became "Vostosvos" by some mistake.
This is exactly what happened. We say it to each other then say what the whole phrase means, so it creates an immediate connection between "Christ" and the "krist" sound, so we figure those must be the translations of each other.

Thanks for that bit of explanation.

>"Madsku, bosku" is probably a reference to Virgin Mary (Matka Boska)
This is interesting to learn, but not entirely unexpected. As I originally said, I suspected it to be some kind of religious phrase. I've usually thought it was the Polish for "Jesus, Mary, and Joseph" (name order changed, phrase usage the same, though) or something more formal with the same meaning.

>It's admirable to me that you have managed to preserve your Slavic heritage.
I'm honestly surprised this much survived, but at the same time I'm disappointed more didn't since it easily could have. My grandfather, who I personally knew until the age of about 12, spoke fluent Polish, despite never having gone to Poland. His wife, who died before I could know her, was the same. Both of them had their parents born in Europe and learned the language at home growing up, but never passed it on to my mom and her sister, and I'm frustrated that I'll never know why. I've considered that it was because they liked to use Polish as a way to have private conversations while the kids were around, but I can't imagine that's the whole reason. They probably grew up with lots of pressure to assimilate into typical American culture, but I think it would've still been really special to keep the language alive in the family.

There's a big Polish heritage festival in my town, which helps a bit. Food is sold under Polish names and they sing in Polish.
>>
>>52622142
Russian Jew here, a lot of the polish phrases are very similar to things Russian Jews say. Like dirty buzi reminds me of dirty punim which lots of Jews say and means the same thing.
>>
>>52619966
i thought only locals would participate in making shitty wall-signings
>>
Open presents on Christmas eve.
>>
Idk what's Slavic by /int/ standards but I cooked some nice schi yesterday.
>>
merry christmas thailand
>>
Drank kvass on the beach at night barefoot
>>
shit
>>
>>52619966
Wall resting squats.
Not even Slavic. Cheater.
>>
>>52626830
Did you like it? I can't imagine my life without kvas, but every non-slav whom I treated didn't like it's taste.
>>
I'm wearing a tracksuit right now.
>>
>>52619904
Wearing ushanka
>>
>>52620058
do you even squat?
>>
File: 1439628821974.gif (10 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1439628821974.gif
10 KB, 125x125
I squatted on windowsills in middle school

once my friend pushed me out of the window, I landed on a tree
>>
File: what-slavs-have-done.jpg (666 KB, 989x764) Image search: [Google]
what-slavs-have-done.jpg
666 KB, 989x764
went to university
>>
>>52619904
My whole life I have been a Slav, drinking šnops and smoking.
>>
Being a nice and friendly person
>>
>>52628624
Curie is French, senpai.
>>
>>52628624
I thought Poland was Sarmatian like Serbia, no?
>>
>>52629117

marie is polish
>>
>>52629178
Marie is irrelevant
>>
>>52619904
drank vodka attacked foreigners
>>
>>52621635
Are you there? I will try to help you,it's real damn interesting

>skazufka
Wskazówka. The verb 'wskazywać' means to point at things or to point out. Wskazowka is in clocks, for example.

>moofengedatch
Doesn't sound like a Polish word at all. More like a German word. No idea what is it though.

>madsku bosku etc.
Matko Bosko means "God's mother!". Jeny, kochany! Is a compound expression, "Jeny" is one of those words you say not to call God without a good reason, like gosh instead of God. Jeny is for Jezu (Jesus). Kochany is "the loved one" (masculine gender, dont say that to a girl).

>buzi
It means "kiss"! Daj buzi means gimme a kiss, a qt expression, used for children and pets.

The rest dont sound Polish at all.
>>
There are 2 Russians arguing outside right now, 10ft from my window.

How do I get them to go away?
>>
>>52619904

Be born from Polish immigrant parents and drink vodka to the point I ended up in the hospital with acute pancreatitis
>>
>>52629364
Idite vy oba nakhui
>>
80km in train without a ticket
>>
>>52621635
First one is probably "wskazówka". Your use of it is definitely slangish, in other parts of Poland it usually means a clockhand, a tip, or a pointer.

Can't get the meaning of the second one lol, sorry

The third one is probably something like "matko bosko, rany kochany, ??? (no idea on the third word)" (mother of god! sweet love! etc) and yeah the meaning is pretty much what you just described, it's not a blessing tho.

The Russian got the last one right. Buzia is usually how kids and their mothers call the face (twarz). It's also a playful way of saying "gimmie a kiss" (daj mi buzi/buziaka) or "i'll give you a kiss" (dam ci buzi).
>>
>>52629389

No idea what that means but its alright, they moved on.

The woman raised her voice and the man conceded, then they walked off. Russian women truly are alphas
>>
>>52629405
hard fucking core
>>
>>52629449
It basically means "fuck off, both of you". Are there a lot of Russians in New Zealand?
>>
Lost my job and was very poor for a while.
>>
>>52629422
>be Polish
>get kissed
>>
Born lazy, tend to be drunk as much time as possible, doing weird things when drinking, people around me consider me pretty tranquil guy, but sometimes I show my stupid pointless agression and they become very surprised about it.
>>
>>52629480

Definitely not a lot. I've met a couple in Auckland (students) but otherwise haven't seen any slavs in the whole country
>>
File: 1439283789223.jpg (432 KB, 1271x850) Image search: [Google]
1439283789223.jpg
432 KB, 1271x850
>>52629587
Hey now, that's just one country.
>>
>they don't blast turbo-folk while driving
>being true slavs

pick one
>>
>>52631391
Serbs and Bulgarians are Slav, though...
>>
>>52631391
>t*rkofolk
>Slavic
How about you listen to some actual Slavic music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8mrWXvGTAE
>>
>>52631718
>reading comprehension
>>
>>52619904
Squatted and ate sunflower seeds
>>
File: letöltés.png (6 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
letöltés.png
6 KB, 265x190
>>52621635
>>52629354

>buzi
it means faggot in hungarian
>>
Squatted at commie block back entrance with friends while drinking cheap 2l bottles of beer and smoking weed, all while wearing tracksuits.
>>
>>52619904
went to a house music festival then drank too much beer and ended up shitting on a bench. Still ashamed of this till this day. No more black out drunkeness.
>>
>>52632704
Blacking out on beer is not really a Slavic thing. It's just a sign of being weak.
>>
Squatted so hard I ripped my shorts seriously
>>
>>52619904
Threw up in my pants then fell asleep with my balls cradled in my chunder

My grandmother was from Riga so I am in fact partly slavic
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.