[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's it like living in London? No complaining about minorities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 63950-640x360-london-icons2-640.jpg (101 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
63950-640x360-london-icons2-640.jpg
101 KB, 640x360
What's it like living in London?

No complaining about minorities please.
>>
File: 1449052036156.png (11 KB, 402x383) Image search: [Google]
1449052036156.png
11 KB, 402x383
It can get quite dark depending where you are.
>>
something something vertical text meme
>>
>>52618343

Great desu, literally I think I could live my whole life without ever leaving the M25
But yea it can be expensive and of course it is very diverse
>>
White British is now a minority in London. That's how bad it is.
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (15 KB, 249x218) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
15 KB, 249x218
>>52618531
>>
>>52618531

t. poortherner

but yea
>>
>>52618343
Central London pretty swell, but London is a large place, so what areas are you asking about mainly?
>>
>>52618604

idk. the whole thing. where you live etc
>>
>>52618531
not in rbkc
>>
London is a great place to live.

I live in the east currently, but I've lived in north and north west London too.

Best big city in the world imo. I've lived a little while in Paris and NYC so I'm not judging in isolation.

If you want to know about specific aspects of life in London, ask specific questions
>>
>>52618747

How is the nightlife?

How are the women?
>>
Be prepared for long ass commutes, overcrowded tube trains, hipster faggots, tourists, flaunting Arabs and sky high living expenses

Great city nonetheless, and actually pretty livable for a city that size. Lots of parks, cultural activities and great food. Just pray you can find a place near your job/uni though.
>>
I lived in Ilford. Literally 100% Paki.
>>
>>52618781
>How is the nightlife?
Nightlife is great. IDK what you like.... if I recommend one club it has to be Fabric. What other big cities have you visited? London never really sleeps not in the centre.

>How are the women?
I have no complaints. There are hot and ugly women everywhere of course, but in London what you have is variety.
>>
File: 1436240399641.jpg (201 KB, 470x595) Image search: [Google]
1436240399641.jpg
201 KB, 470x595
>>52618781
>How is the nightlife?
Everyone is drunk at 10pm, completely wasted by eleven. Puking through midnight to 1 am. Hooking up with strangers at 2am. Walk of shame around 5am and 6am.
>How are the women?
Loose. In every sense of the word.
>>
>>52618343

It's alright. Aside from renting prices (which are simply absurd), it's not too expensive living here.

I'd prefer to live in a small town though. The city life isn't really for me.
>>
>>52619116
>le big strong eastern european who doesn't get drunk meme
Haha, devilish. I know your secrets.
>>
As long as youre in the commuter belt you'll experience all the benefits of london desu
>>
>>52618343

Shithole of the highest order. Visit as a tourist and see the sights but living there is horrifically bad for reasons already mentioned.
>>
>>52619191
Oh no, I'm quite abstinent nowadays. I'm known amongst my friends as the "vomiting drunk" because literally every - you know what, that's not important. The point is, it's best for everyone if I stay away from booze.

Anyway, in my experience British folks tend to drink booze like it's tapwater. But you do also know how to really party. It both horrifies and fascinates me.
>>
>>52618531
I know that feel

Non-Hispanic whites are a minority in Jew York, Los Angeles, Chicongo, Boston, Washington, Houston, Miami, Atlanta, etc.
>>
>>52619443
>It both horrifies and fascinates me.
Sounds like you had a good time here at least.
>>
>>52619769
>Non-hispanic white
When will the meme end?
>>
>>52619769

Even Boston? I would have thought Boston was still majority white.
>>
>>52618343

I've lived in London for three years on and off (off right now though).

I used to revere the place. But once you get past the honeymoon stage you do think "is the massive expense of living in London worth it?" (rent is twice that of other major cities, and maybe three times what you would pay in smaller towns), "is the constant claustrophobia of the city, and the congestion, the pollution, all worth it?" (there are green spaces of course, but sometimes you do think it's a claustrophobic hell-hole and the traffic fumes alone are killing you every day), "should I just live in a smaller town or city where I can still enjoy an urban lifestyle, with all the bars / restaurants / shops I could ever want, still have a social life, still have access to any amenity I could ever want, but I will pay far less in rent, have more disposable income, have big vast green spaces on my doorstep where I can run and cycle, etc?"

Yeah. I got a bit jaded about London, especially since I lived and worked in Ipswich for a while, in between two stints of living in London. Ipswich is a big town, only 130,000 in population (compared to the 8 million of London). The thing I really liked about living there was that I had a social life, I had all the amenities I wanted, and yet everything was much closer (because London is gigantic and takes you ages to travel across it), and in the middle of the town is this modern marina with bars and restaurants, and the air quality is actually good (unlike London where it is ALWAYS bad).

I dunno. London is good when you're young. I don't think I want to live there into my thirties and definitely not forties though. I wouldn't mind commuting into London... I think. But yeah, maybe living in a smaller city is a nicer lifestyle. London is just fucking overwhelming in many respects. You can't escape the expense, you can't escape the pollution, and you can't escape the vast size (and sometimes long travel times) just to navigate the damned place.
>>
>>52621546

Just to add to this, and because OP asked specifically about nightlife.

In London, you might be going out in the evening, and your friends might be too. But you could be going to completely different parts of the city. Maybe you're going out in Clapham and he's going out in Stoke Newington (maybe 10 miles away).

In a smaller town/city, like Ipswich, or like my hometown of Portsmouth, the centre of the city is much smaller but still has a ton of different bars and pubs. So if your friends are out that night, then it's probably only a couple minutes walk to meet them.

In that way, London can be very lonely at times. You think "oh I'm living in this great city where so many of my friends also live", but the city is so gigantic, that seeing your friends is actually a gigantic hassle. There's a reason people talk about "urban solitude".
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.