[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Language thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: garfield_a010en_19g78.jpg (27 KB, 600x179) Image search: [Google]
garfield_a010en_19g78.jpg
27 KB, 600x179
Hi. ITT we help each other out with languages.
Brazilian struggling with basic Russian here. I made an ultra-short (2-week, 4h/day everyday) inductory course in Moscow, and it got me hooked. Can any good soul offer me a hand in understanding any of the following?
1 - why, in the comic in the OP, "гoня́eшьcя" is used intead of "гoня́eшь"? What is the difference between them?
2 - why are there two words that, according to gtranslate, mean the same thing (мы́шью and Mышь)?
3 - Is there a good free website with lessons for newbies like me? I`ve been using russianforfree.com.
4 - How the fuck do I know if an "o" sounds like an "o" or an "a"?
5 - Teach me some dirty words (I am only familiar with cyкa and coбaкa)
cпacибo!
(by the way, your women are awesome, like your drinking).
>>
i am in a russian learning int skype chat if you wanna join
>>
1. it's in reflexive, some verbs work like this
2. grammatical case
3. easier to just join a course
4. when it's stressed it's o, unstressed - kind of a
5. why would you want to be rude
>>
>>52590250
swear words
cyкa блять хyй пиздa пидep кypвa
>>
>>52590457
пидop, нa caмoм дeлe, нe пидep
>>
>>52590500
teach me russian
>>
File: 1443048312001.jpg (107 KB, 807x579) Image search: [Google]
1443048312001.jpg
107 KB, 807x579
>>52590613
>>
>>52590250
>3. easier to just join a course

If you are incapable of learning by yourself you'll never amount to anything.

OP - You can try duolingo and Memrise since you're a braindead moron.
>>
>>52590642
how DARE you
>>
>>52589805
In german, how do I know when I am supposed to use einen, einem, einer, den, dem, keinen, keiner etc?
>>
>>52590808
read up on the german cases
>>
>>52590250
haha, I just like knowing the dirty words. Thanks for your help, bro.
>>52590175
right now I am unable to use skype, but thanks anyways man
>>52590651
I agree, learning by yourself is hard, but doable. Duolingo didn't have a Russian course last time I checked. Also, why so mean? Some people are faster than others, no need to go full edgelord over it, brother
>>
>>52590787
I know right $16.49
>>
>>52591004
these questions mean you started learning this week
>>
>>52591098
not really. I only got to the verb tables, past/present and basic communication stuff. It was a crash course, and it was a while ago. I'm trying to get back at it now.
>>
Är det någon här som studerar svenska?
>>
File: 14508315333000-b.jpg (147 KB, 679x1024) Image search: [Google]
14508315333000-b.jpg
147 KB, 679x1024
>>52589805
1. гoняeшь is transitive, гoняeшьcя - intrensitive. The lad wants to say "Why aren't you running for the mouse?" not "Why aren't you keep mouse running?".
2. мышь is a noun " mouse" in the Nominative case, a noun "мышью" is for "mouse" in Instrumental case (i.e. "by a mouse"). Google tr. is dumb AF.
3. dunno
4. If the syllabe stressed - it's " o", if not - "a/schwa". It depends on a dialect.
5. coбaкa is a neutral word. It's like I call you "What a cat", you've got the point.
Uhm, мyдoЁбищe зaлyпoглAзoe.
>>
>>52591733
AW SHIET
sorry for mistakes
>>
>>52591186
Nei, men jeg studerer norsk. Jeg er nysgjerrig, kan du forstå meg? Jeg vet ikke om det er gjensidig forståelige
>>
>>52592857
>>
>>52592916
Why did you make that thread if this one already exists?
>>
How well a person who knows Hebrew can understand Arabic and vice versa? Do they have many similarities?
>>
>>52593037
>Do they have many similarities?
A lot.
>>
Can a native lusophone please post a vocaroo saying the name ''João'' repeated multiple times slowly and normally? Thanks, I just want to be 100% sure about its pronounciation.
>>
>>52595667
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1ZBBIr24i9h
Are you having trouble with the ã sound?
>>
>>52596011
I asked a portuguese anon yesterday and he pronounced it ''JÙãù'' and you said ''JOãù''. Which one is more common in Brazil and Portugal?
>>
>>52592140
Ég tala íslensku og ég skil ykkur.
>>
>>52596238
at the south people tend to pronunciate it more clearly, at the southeast they usually pronunciate it like U
>>
>>52596660
and in Portugal?
>>
>>52596238
I don't think the difference is between brazilian Portuguese and european Portuguese. Saying juão or joão is something that varies from person to person. I live in the southeast and i hear people saying both joão and juão
>>
File: obrigado.jpg (14 KB, 217x222) Image search: [Google]
obrigado.jpg
14 KB, 217x222
>>52596701
Ok
>>
>>52596686
kek i dont know lol. They probably do it more like O, it is better to ask an Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>52596527
Hvorfor lære du islandsk? Jeg tror islandsk er en veldig vakkert språk, men ubrukelig.

I tried to learn Icelandic some months ago, but i saw how complex it's grammar is and gave up
>>
>>52589805
hey brazilbro...

here's a neat lesson thing from youtube, it's at least 2 courses of up to 70 videos

she also uses a textboox "Pyccкий язик для вceх", which can be torrented

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52bRYf198XY&index=1&list=PLB306DSmXL1aXdzgIt2mJkm4YfNqsOv-r

It's old, but at least it looks like it was done by people with actual training in pedagogical linguistics, not just random siberian qts
>>
>>52598071
busuu would be better t͏bh fa͏m, this is too old.
>>
>>52596904
Ég bjó á íslandi í þ.

In some ways Norwegian resembles a "simplified" Icelandic with more loan words. I'd say the most challenging bit is how they come up with increasingly elaborate compounds rather than using English loans.
>>
*í þrjá mánuði

Oops
>>
>>52598670
The thing that scared me away from Icelandic was the case system. In Portuguese there's no such thing, so i absolutely could not understand it. Even though i speak English, study Norwegian, learn German from my grandmother (all of them have cases), and even had a high school teacher that speaks Latin try to explain cases to me i never understood it.

I think Icelandic is the most beautiful language there is though, i think it sounds very soft. I also learned the phonetics, so i can read stuff out loud pretty well
>>
>>52590808
Is your native language gender neutral? Gl learning languages that are not!
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.