[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ever been curious about what Alaska is like? I grew up there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: 55378f794a67a.png (225 KB, 630x432) Image search: [Google]
55378f794a67a.png
225 KB, 630x432
Ever been curious about what Alaska is like?

I grew up there (ages 0-18), ask me whatever
>>
>>52580235
Did you live in Alaska from ages 0 to 18?
>>
>>52580235
What does pegging feel like?
>>
>>52580235
does anyone speak russian?
>>
File: Sweet_Dee.jpg (36 KB, 500x581) Image search: [Google]
Sweet_Dee.jpg
36 KB, 500x581
>>52580254
You are correct

>>52580277
Pretty good if the angle is right

>>52580288
Yes, actually. Near my town, there were two separate tiny towns of Russian Orthodox. They grow up speaking Russian, so even the young ones have accents when speaking English. "Old Believers", they're called. Silk shirts, rope belts. Beards like Mujihadiin, The women all wore dresses and head scarves. There used to be one town, but there was a legit schism - one group wanted to follow more western values.

Both towns account for a shit-ton of DUI arrests in the area. They're all fishermen, too. They drive super blinged out pickup trucks, and pack like they're entire families into the truck. The derogatory slang for them is taters (from potatoes into vodka? never was clear on that), so when a car is super full, in my mind I still think "man that's tater-packed"
>>
>>52580405
that's interesting, is it always cold there?
>>
>>52580277
>>52580288
Why do Australians travel so much? I've traveled all over and you cunts are everywhere.

Even my dad has crazy stories about drunken australians from when he was traveling in the 70s and 80s.

Back then you couldn't shitpost, so you lot had nothing else to do. What's your excuse for fucking up eastern europe and asia now?
>>
>>52580433
Well, define cold?

Where I'm from (South Central Alaska), a hot day is 60F. 65F and the shirt's coming off.

Winter gets down to Negative 10-15F on a very cold day. In the interior (Fairbanks), it gets down to -60, maybe -70. You can literally toss out hot coffee (or piss) and it will freeze or evaporate before it hits the ground.
>>
Where in Alaska? Was it dirty/ghetto or nice and normal? Do ghettos exist in Alaska?

What were the ethnic demographics like?

What's the difference between Alaska and mainland USA?
>>
>>52580504
Loads of islanders, I've heard
>>
File: sweet-dee.jpg (82 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
sweet-dee.jpg
82 KB, 630x420
>>52580504
South Central Alaska. It's called the Kenai Peninsula, look it up if you like.

Not dirty or ghetto at all - it's just not an urban environment. It's absolutely beautiful and pristine. Very blue skies, tall mountains all around, forests. I live in Seattle now, and when you go to or from, you can immediately taste the difference in air quality stepping off the plane.

Ethnic demographic is very predominantly white. Some native alaskans, but much fewers than you'd think. A few russians, some mexicans, a few asians. There were like 2 black kids in my highschool, and both were pretty chill.

Lots of difference between Alaska and the lower 48. I'm a bit drunk, let me grab a drink and collect my thoughts on that.

>hard drive fucked up, somehow the only reaction folder that survived is fucking sweet dee
>>
No, honestly I never cared to think what Alaska was like.
>>
>>52580459
i'd bet anything that it's just because it is boring here
>>
File: SuckHerFeminineDick.gif (927 KB, 482x268) Image search: [Google]
SuckHerFeminineDick.gif
927 KB, 482x268
>>52580637
Some I guess. But pick any non-white ethnic group and you're dealing with pretty small percentages. Anchorage is a little more diverse I guess.

>>52580676
Missing out bruv

>>52580648
RE Differences:

Gotta say, the grills.
>hurrr ugly alaskan women, igloos, eskimos

I just smile and nod, anon. Alaskan women are the best-kept secret this country has to offer. They are qt3.14, and strong. Not strong in a "hurr womyn-power" way, but in that they literally are not weak, can accomplish tasks, and don't need you to baby them or pick up after them or solve their shit. For the most part, they're just raised that way.

It's extraordinary refreshing. It's hanging out with a bro-tier fuckable friend who's biologically female.
>>
hows the weed ?
>>
File: Shower.gif (23 KB, 355x200) Image search: [Google]
Shower.gif
23 KB, 355x200
>>52580714
I think it's something to do with living on an island. Like, if you want to travel, might as well do it big and leave the island, not just go from the right to the middle, or one end to the other.
>>
On a scale of 1-10, how comfy was it?
>>
>>52580774
It was really excellent, growing up. We're not a weed importing state, lots of small hydro grow ops.

Not on the scale of western canada, but we do just fine.

The guy who originally got weed decriminalized in Alaska back in the 70s (Irwin Ravin) lived in my town. He was a lawyer then, but drives a cab now. Went to school with his grandson.
>>
>>52580794
13 or 14. Never knew of anything but a white christmas growing up. Eating fresh halibut, eating moose, literally grew up near a reindeer farm.

Wandering out at 2am in the summer and still being able to see. Getting drunk on back roads and in fields with friends, hooking up with QTs.

Even having to hike a 1/4 mile through waist deep snow in the winter to get to the car to dig out the car to go to elementary school...that snowsuit was cozy

GOAT tier childhood man. Wouldn't give it up for the world.
>>
File: alaska2familyroadtripusa.jpg (281 KB, 1260x540) Image search: [Google]
alaska2familyroadtripusa.jpg
281 KB, 1260x540
Gonna bump with a few more pics, then let it die if no one else has questions
>>
>>52581035
can you post a pic of your view outside?
>>
>>52581091
Unfortunately, I no longer live there. My view outside is another building now.

I've been to your country and it's quite nice desu. You have beautiful grills as well.
>>
>>52580235
How do you have people retarded enough to not believe in climate change and yet see it firsthand?
>>
File: image.jpg (218 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218 KB, 1920x1080
>>52581125
thank you ameribro, from the pictures i've seen alaska looks really beautiful too

did you see lots of wallpaper-tier nature daily?
>>
>>52581141
It's a really conservative state. A lot of people go there to get away from

>muh gubberment
>>
>>52581322
Every day I did dutchbro. Especially when I was growing up. Go out in the yard, spin a 360, you could maybe see one other house in the distance. Everything else, rolling hills and spruce trees and snowy mountains.
>>
How easy is it to find a job?

how's the quality and cost of life?
>>
>>52581378
Cost of life is high, but the wages are higher too, plus you get the Permanent Fund Dividend (basically a check each year, a cut of the state's natural oil reserves)
>>
>>52581340
this makes me sad because i grew up in the city and i've never been to an actual forest

hopefully i'll visit your beatiful state once, it must be really comfy taking a walk in alaska
>>
>>52581446
It's incredible. I don't say this to make you feel bad, but to inspire you to go.

If you want a forest closer to home, the Black Forest in Germany is pretty nice. Different from Alaskan forests, but if you want a forest, it's pretty fuckin great.

Snails the size of grapefruit, oddly...
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.