[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Brazilians won't defend this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9
File: Amazon_rainforest.jpg (78 KB, 400x329) Image search: [Google]
Amazon_rainforest.jpg
78 KB, 400x329
>Brazilians won't defend this
>>
Whats the point in keeping it other than emotional appeals to "endangered" species?

We can replace those trees with fauna that's more effective in converting co2.
>>
>>52568495
>fauna
>>
>>52568495
Spot the chink
>muh emotional appeal
Yeah, no shit you stupid faggot. People aren't shitty utilitarian robots that wan't to maximize efficiency, we have other needs too.
>>
>>52568570
>look at this jaguar that can fart oxigen
>>
>>52568495
t. Kiwi that lacks any basic understanding of ecology.
>>
>>52568495
Preserving genetic diversity is incredibly helpful in the production of GMOs as we can only copy genes from other species at this point.
>>
>he believes the ecologist propaganda
>>
File: soccer-goal.jpg (282 KB, 1080x477) Image search: [Google]
soccer-goal.jpg
282 KB, 1080x477
>>52568392

>Or this

7-1

;^)
>>
File: blue_mountains.jpg (1 MB, 2953x2186) Image search: [Google]
blue_mountains.jpg
1 MB, 2953x2186
>>52568495
I went to New Zealand a couple weeks ago, basically one giant sheep farm.

You've cut down almost all the native forests, whatever trees are still there are just pest species.

How does it feel to have ruined the natural beauty of your country?
>>
>>52568720
Ok then faggot
Explain to me how the Amazon is in perfect shape and is totally not experiencing massive deforestation to feed the ever growing population of Brazil.
>>
>>52568580
Yeah, fake LV handbags, bmws that get scratched up by our shitty driving and restaurants to go to take photos of the food. What's that got to do with the amazon?
>>
>>52568782
In the North Island yes.

The South Island is entirely made up of native forests other than small logging forests.
>>
>>52568851
and why is that bad?

the rest of the world already did it, so why can't brazilians do the same?
>>
>>52568879
Are you playing dumb?
>>
>>52568920
The fuck you talking about?
I went to the South Island, and it was 90% farmland.

The vast majority of the forests I saw were plantations.

The only native forests in south island are in Fiordland, and maybe a couple trees scattered here and there.

Face it, you've destroyed the wildlife of New Zealand
>>
>>52568966
Tropical areas, thanks to their lack of frost, have insanely more species variety than for example European, let alone Siberian forests
Also a very thin soil layer with little fertility so it's hard for forest to re-establish themselves later on (as opposed to here where they easily can and do)
>>
>>52568495
>replace those trees with fauna
>with fauna
>fauna
>>
>>52568966
Yeah you're right, since deforestation happened in the past, all countries today should do their best to destroy all their forests. Trying to prevent deforestation of World Heritage Sites that have irreperable aesthetic, ecological and spiritual value is just dumb.

Instead they can make room for more coke factories so that Sanchez here can grow even fatter than he already is

Fucking mexican logic
>>
>>52569147
>Instead they can make room for more coke factories so that Sanchez here can grow even fatter than he already is
That'll grow their economy more than keeping a shitty forest around for retarded 1st worlders to come and look at.
>>
>>52568495
>fauna that's more effective in converting co2.
>kiwi """biology"""
>>
>>52569147
And you stop killing all that fish you stupid cunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSuUPo_Kf78
>>
>>52569366
Oh fuck off you stupid jew

Besides the fact that Eco-tourism makes a ton of money, it's not all about the money

It's also about the aesthetic beauty of a country, having the freedom to go hunting/exploring and having cleaner more breathable air.

But figures Shekelburg here would only care about money
He'd reduce the entire US to China level smog if it meant the all-important economy would grow by 0.0001%
>>
>Australian acting out because his shitty island will never have a proper forest

lol
>>
>>52569608
kek, the only native forest in NZ is Fiordland

We have the Blue Mountains, Tarkine, East Gippsland, Wollemi, Daintree, Pilbarra, and many others

>Australia has approximately 123 million hectares of native
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forests_of_Australia

Nevermind that Australia is too dry to support complete forest cover anyway
>>
>>52569593
>Eco-tourism makes a ton of money
No it doesn't.
>hurr muh aesthetics
That's not going to feed the thousands of starving children in those countries.
>>
>>52569819
To play devils advocate here, I think there is some argument to be made about protecting tribes that still live there.
>>
Brazil is cucking Norway into paying so we don't destroy it. I'm not even kidding.
>>
>>52569819
They have space to grow without chopping all of those forests down. All that'll do is make them feel extremely guilty and remorseful when they're developed and notice they have no nature left.
>>
>>52569147
IF you faggots really want to preserve that forest, YOU will have to pay us for it !!
>>
>>52569819
>thousands of starving children
If tropical cunts didn't reproduce at the pace of fucking bacteria, this wouldn't be a problem
>>
>let's destroy nature
>what could possibly go wrong guys?
>>
>>52569819
>That's not going to feed the thousands of starving children in those countries.
So cutting down all the forests will solve poverty? You do realise that hunger exists because of problems in distribution, not in the amount of food, right? Fucking retard

As for eco-tourism, to use one example

http://theconversation.com/watching-whales-makes-more-economic-sense-than-hunting-them-5332

Of course, that's not the only way to make money off nature, sustainable hunting can be pretty damn profitable too. Trophy hunting in Africa is ridiculously lucrative

>>52569973
How so?

>>52569988
>IF you faggots really want to preserve that forest, YOU will have to pay us for it !!
Sorry mate, all my money went to Australian forests, because as responsible citizens, us Australians care about the environment. If you don't protect your own national treasures, then ultimately it's your loss.
>>
>>52569973
all true

based norwegians
>>
>>52570122
Norway gives money when Brazil hits a maximum deforestation.
>>
>>52570042
Maybe you should take a hit for them Hans. Want us to set a population ceiling in Germany?
>>
>>52568392
Actually its more accurate to say that Bolivans cant defend this.

A motley band of Brazil rubber farmers literally beat back the Bolivian army and conquered a part of the Amazon.
>>
File: 1450832272841.jpg (30 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1450832272841.jpg
30 KB, 450x450
>>52568580
>muh animels
lel
>>
>>52570365
Fuck off you worthless cuckservative

>>52570174
That's just fucking sad
If I were Brazilian I'd be embarassed
>>
>>52570257
We're already post-ceiling desu (82M some years ago, now 80.5M), also we're agriculturally self-sustainable if needed (sure we import shit not growing here like coffee, but then again we export things like wheat) but still have 32% forest cover, with a rising tendency
>>
File: ablelita.png (76 KB, 156x163) Image search: [Google]
ablelita.png
76 KB, 156x163
>>52568570
>>52569069
>>52569501
>their backwards countries never created animals that breathe CO2
>>
File: 1450226600480.png (357 KB, 397x402) Image search: [Google]
1450226600480.png
357 KB, 397x402
>>52570521
>being embaressed of free monies
>>
People talk like the country/government are actively trying to cut down the rainforest for a profit.

Well, it's not easy to stop some nigger from cutting a tree when he is literally thousands of kilometers from civilization and no one knows he is there.

We have huge conservation areas, what do you want us to do?
Make an army outpost every square kilometer?
That would imply cutting down more trees.
Oh, an natives are usually involved in illegal stuff like mining and logging. Don't be innocent and take them for saints.
They probably make some fat cash selling all our riches in the black market. You think we like that? No. But what can we do? Arrest them? We don't even know where they are.
>>
>>52568495
>New Zealand "education"
>>
>>52570122
>Sorry mate, all my money went to Australian forests

>Australian forests

straya is a giant desert! you will not fool me!
>>
>>52569973
Based Norway keeping the retarded monkeys in check
>>
File: 1449531387367.jpg (79 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1449531387367.jpg
79 KB, 1024x768
>>52570975
>implying we don't simply fake the statistics
>>
>>52570869
>what do you want us to do?
You subhumans must die, but the problem is to divide the world for all white people, since we are all too different.
>>
>>52571054
>the problem is to divide the world for all white people
You mean Russians and Muslims right?
>>
>>52571054

t. mehmet
>>
>>52568495
advancement of medicine you dumb fuck
>>
>>52571054
Shut up Ahmed.
>>
fuck amazonia
fuck everyone

DESMATA MESMO, REEEEEEEE
>>
>>52568392
Looks pretty green imo
>>
>>52570521
>That's just fucking sad
>If I were Brazilian I'd be embarassed

Mate, if you were Brazilian you'd be worrying about not being stabbed by a pack of niggers who'll sell your shoes for 5 bucks to smoke crack.
>>
>>52570122
>If you don't protect your own national treasures

Why would I care about that?
This shithole is among the most corrupt and violent on Earth and that's no hyperbole. Why in the flying fucks would I worry about forests when niggers in this country kill you for your flip flops, politicians put you in jail and bribe you to get out of it, so on and on.

I mean literally dude, you have no idea what you're talking about, it's easy to talk when you're in a comfy 1st world country where your problems revolve around being offended at twitter ''racist'' jokes.
>>
>>52569021
And thus achieving a nice economy

there are other places to go as a tourist
>>
>>52571276
Tough luck buddy
Should have moved to South Brazil
>>
>>52571436
>And thus achieving a nice economy
Are you stupid?
Kiwis are migrating here en masse

Half the places in New Zealand look dilapidated
>>
>>52571517
South Brazil is also a shithole.
>>
>>52568392
We do, try to take it faggot.
>>52568851
The biggest problem in Brazil is our Savannah rather than the Amazon, specially regarding agricultural production. Amazonian soil is poor and requires much more terraforming than the Cerrado, even more if you consider the most valuable commodities, such as soy.
>massive deforestation
Much less nowadays tho.
>feed the ever growing population of Brazil
Brazil feeds 10 Brazils, it has nothing to do with Population size.
>>
did you lads know Norway gave brazil ONE BILLION dollars to fight deforestation?
bravo norway
>>
>>52571276
The Amazon is Brazil's gift to the world. It's exactly because of how corrupted and disgusting humans are that it makes sense to wanna protect what's natural, important and beautiful in our world from their greed.
Also, let's not forget that you are an underaged middle classed kid in South Brazil who has never experienced anything you rave madly about.
>>
>>52571517
It's a shithole too, I live in South brazil.
>>
>>52571517
>implying it's any better
>>
>>52568851
>massive deforestation to feed the ever growing population of Brazil
That's not why there's deforestation at all though.
>>
Please stop embarrassing our country
>>
>>52571574
Well, I am speaking with very outdated info I guess.
>>
>>52571741
>Implications

I live in South Brazil you are right
I'm 26, a programmer at Exxon Mobil, have lived by myself since I was 19 and working 2 jobs to sustain myself.

I have been robbed 6 times. And in one of those was threatened to be killed by niggers who broke into my house, pointing guns at my father's head, who is a simple bricklayer.

Tell me more about my life you piece of shit apologist nigger.

You probably watch Faustão and listen to Vanessa da Mata you dickhead faggot.

Go on, go protect the Amazon then Superhero. Show us the real way.
>>
>>52571741
>it doesn't matter that the country is corrupt and among the most violent on earth, because you have not been robbed lmao lol

typical BRhue
>>
>>52571927
>>52571871
What, you wanna pretend the millions of little kids who love to piss on Brazil because it's the cool thing to do around here don't exist? You wanna pretend there aren't any of those on /int/?
It was a pretty fair bet.
But yeah,
>our country is all fucked to shit, so sure, go ahead and fuck up the only thing redeeming about it :)
isn't a better logic either, you cumguzzling pieces of flaming faggy shit.
>>
Too much shit being said here from Oceania shitheads. We have too much problems here to deal with this as a national priority. National gas company Petrobras going bankrupt, impeachment (if you Parliament douches know what it is) process running in the Congress/Senate and you guys discussing if we should sale out the Amazonian Rainforest or tear down the flora for oxygen farting animals. You guys don't even know that we have petrol down there. Just stfu and go care about your yearly national fires
>>
>Americans destroy their own forests and everyone else's for a quick buck
>Years later, developing countries can't even look at a tree without Al Gore getting butthurt
>>
>>52572512
The impeachment won't happen though, bro. I wish it would, but we won't be so lucky.
>>
>>52572629
With it going to the Senate, unlikely. I guess that the constituitionality of the process is past water, it should happen only because she has no more political power to govern and the economy is a mess, so I agree with you bro
>>
>>5257260>>52572607
>>Americans destroy their own forests and everyone else's for a quick buck
>>Years later, developing countries can't even look at a tree without Al Gore getting butthurt

At least we can get a good night's sleep if we watch his shitty lectures late night
>>
File: 1423199635326.png (286 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
1423199635326.png
286 KB, 500x497
>>52572629
>>
>>52573035
>America destroying patches of temperate forest is the same as Brazil single handedly wiping out the world's single largest ecosystem with the high biodiversity concentration on the planet for toilet paper
>>
>>52573164
America does do that with their temperate forest in some sort
>>
>>52573288
No, they dont. The scale of rainforest deforestation in Brazil is unmatched worldwide.
>>
>>52573035
>>52573288
We're actually upping our shit, and North America has at least reached parity
>>
>>52573372

Not our fault.
>>
>>52573372
>>52573372
Maybe that's because we have the largest expansion of territory between all countries which have rainforests. Things here are bad, ok, but it shouldn't be a simplist analysis such as a headline read. But then again, why are you telling me that?
>>
>>52573451
>east Asia is growing that fast despite China generally not giving a fuck about the environment
I suppose it's their rapid urbanization allowing the forests to grow back + tree planting to stop desertification. Their rural people depended on cutting down the forests for firewood and shit iirc, which got really unsustainable when their population exploded in the 20th century (and before).

Also can't wait for a more forested Caribbean. It must have been amazing exploring the place before it was cut down to make way for plantations.
>>
>>52574049
Well, China has started feeling the consequences of desertification and they're now trying to act, google China's "Green Wall"
>>
>>52568851
that's not the cause of deforestation. most people don't even live in the forest areas
>>
>>52568392
Why would we defend this? It's full of negroes n sheit
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.