[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, who kucked who here? >To change= changer >To quit=
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: can't wake up.gif (94 KB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
can't wake up.gif
94 KB, 325x244
Okay, who kucked who here?
>To change= changer
>To quit= quitter
>to turn= turner
>to develop= developper
>to join= joindre
>to stop= stopper
> theatre= théâtre
>>
the Americans came from Britain which came from Brittany, France
>>
English is my favourite French dialect
>>
>>52556036
>>52556075
not relevant
>>
In turn the whole Gallia was cucked by some tribe from Lazio if you look at it that way
>>
>>52555952
All of those words are Latin in origin

So take a wild guess

>le_1066_face.jpg
>>
>>52556160
in turn they got cucked by a tribe of Germanic Balkans
>>
>>52555952
>>52556182
oh wait, the only exception is "stopper", which comes from English.

However, that's only Frenchfags who do that, in Québec we say "arrêter" (which makes sense because, according to Wiktionary, the usage of the word "stop" in French is attested to the late 18th century). And the English word/verb "arrest" comes from arrêt(er).
>>
>>52556036
Isn't the region Bretonne? Are you going to tell me that great britain was named by the frenchs too?
>>
>>52556546
Yes
>>
>>52556546
Well, yeah. It's "Great" Britain as opposed to the "Small" Britain that is Brittany. Actually we use the same word for both Britain and Brittany in French: Bretagne.
>>
>>52555952
>turner
Tourner*
>>52556036
The fuck, no. Bretons came from Britain to Brittany, not the opposite
>>
>>52556546
In French:

>Brittany
Bretagne
>Great Britain
Grande Bretagne
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.