[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do Europeans put up Christmas lights on their own homes? I know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: untitled.jpg (102 KB, 612x353) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
102 KB, 612x353
Do Europeans put up Christmas lights on their own homes? I know they sometimes do it for their towns but do they do it for their personal homes, too?
>>
>>52551903
No. Yuros all edgy fedoras or Muslims.

Cept Poland but I think they're too poor
>>
File: 12.12.13_XmasWohnzimmer1.jpg (68 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
12.12.13_XmasWohnzimmer1.jpg
68 KB, 1024x575
>>52551903
you will see these things almost everywhere here in germany
>>
>>52552020
Hanukkah candles?
>>
>>52552060
well, no

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwibbogen
>>
>>52551903
I do, and there are lots of houses that have lights. This light placing trend has increased exponentially in the last 5 years, people usually adorn even their commie block balcony.
>>
>>52551903
most people will either do nothing or just hang a few lights onto the windows and the balcony, but that's about it
>>
If you have a spruce in your yard, you put some lights on it. And most have these things in our windows >>52552020

People do put some lights but very modestly, one family put up american style light show and got egged and ridiculed because they were so garish and bright
>>
>>52552160
That sounds nice
>>
>>52553033
>one family put up american style light show and got egged and ridiculed because they were so garish and bright

That sounds funny to me because to do that in America you would have to criticize every third house like that.

To be honest lots of times it is pretty garish but I think sometimes it looks quite nice if done well.
>>
File: 2015-12-17_09.05.11.jpg (54 KB, 539x402) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-17_09.05.11.jpg
54 KB, 539x402
>>52553036
Yes, even our commieblocks look more joyful than the Russian ones, take pic related (made in autumn); with those adornments you don't even say they would be a bunch of commieblocks.
Pic related ones are made in 1987-88.
>>
Actually yeah but not for religious reasons, mostly because of American cultural imperialism
>>
Yes, but it just doesn't feel right without snow. Also I don't earn enough money yet to waste it on piles of lights and my parents are cheap bastards so the little lighting we have looks rather sad and out of place. You Murrikans sure know how to completely overshoot the goal and make things cozily kitschy.
>>
Yes, it looks life Japan here during Christmas
>>
>>52551903
Yes, and I just saw a fucking luminous Santa Claus on a ladder hanging from a balcony
>>
>yuropoors
>houses
>>
>>52556019
>the climbing santas

Kek thats so retarded especially when evryone on the same street buys them at the same shitty chinese vendor.
>>
File: weihnachtslicht-1.jpg (101 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
weihnachtslicht-1.jpg
101 KB, 800x600
>>52556169
>implying you can't decorate windows and balconies of apartments
>>
Not really. I remember my neighbourhood being extremely bright and heavily decorated when I was a child but the trend is largely gone now. Especially since snow used to be the norm so it gave a really nice atmosphere to the whole thing, while kids nowadays have all the reasons to believe "solid white water" is merely a myth. I remember Halloween used to be a huge thing too, while it's been a non-event for some time now. I guess Americanisation is somehow on the decline here...
>>
>>52556358
>non-jews using menorahs
>>
File: destroyed.jpg (140 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
destroyed.jpg
140 KB, 645x773
>>52556600
>I guess Americanisation is somehow on the decline here...
>>
File: blind.jpg (311 KB, 1000x1332) Image search: [Google]
blind.jpg
311 KB, 1000x1332
>>52556621
Do you have to be blind or mentally disabled or both in order to confuse a Schwibbogen and a Menorah?
>>
>>52556600
>muh snow in december

Its just as common as a few decades ago, only that hollywood movies made you believe snow in december should be commonplace. there's a reason why winter only starts at the end of december
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.