[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arianism and Iconoclasm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
How fucked would we be if Arianism and/or Iconoclasm became heterodoxy? Those were biggest heresies of western and eastern churches respectively.
What's with protestant reformation and reviving those ancient heresies, but not taking in the banner of Gnostics? I only know of Baptists claiming to be "spiritual successors" of Cathars, but not rly any of them taking in their gospels or theology. They still use Catholic bible cannon from which they threw out like 7 books of OT, even Orthodox and Monophysite or Nestorian churches have more different bibles than this.
>>
File: Sede Vacante.png (501 KB, 2000x2439) Image search: [Google]
Sede Vacante.png
501 KB, 2000x2439
Iconoclams was very huge plague of the Byzantine Empire, finally ended by St. Irene
Arianism, most of the Germanic tribes supported. I think 90% of churches belonged to them

Not even during tri-papacy people were this confused
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with Iconoclasm.
>>
File: 137593505136.jpg (14 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
137593505136.jpg
14 KB, 240x320
>>52551292
>>
>>52551561
Nah lad, what's disgusting is worshipping a shitty painting like if it was Jesus himself.
>>
>>52548091
literally nothing would change unless you lived in a religious shithole country
>>
File: corruption_of_demiurge.png (298 KB, 1112x761) Image search: [Google]
corruption_of_demiurge.png
298 KB, 1112x761
i for one would like to see rise of occitan cathars and bosniak bogomils

wonder for how long they would have survived till they'd be marginalised like mandaeans and manicheans in asia

we should learn a lesson of tolerance from moslems
>>
File: demichan.png (354 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
demichan.png
354 KB, 800x1000
>>52551735
also yezidis are pretty cool, but I think they're moreso of zoroastrian

demiurge worshippers :DDD

HAIL DEMIURGE
>>
>>52551692
since god is everywhere anything can be appropriated for the use of worshiping god
>>
File: Constantine.jpg (116 KB, 319x400) Image search: [Google]
Constantine.jpg
116 KB, 319x400
>>52551692
it was same with ark of the covenant in ancient judaic religions
theoretically only relics have anysort of a divine power

in orthodoxy icons are treated as portals to saints if I recall right
>>
>>>/his/
>>
the only genuinely iconoclastic part in mainstream church were the syriac church of the east (or holy catholic church of the east, what's with these out of union using catholic or orthodox name lol)

but they didn't had icons only in church, otherwise still making them
>>
>>52548091
Daily reminder:
1. Reformationaists are absolutely heretical
2. Anyone who refutes VC2 (like SSPX) are totally heretical and deserve to die
>>
File: 1450856996882.jpg (36 KB, 400x460) Image search: [Google]
1450856996882.jpg
36 KB, 400x460
lmao who gives a shit about religion
unload your fedora pics but it still doesn't nullify that this discussion is absolutely pointless
>>
>>52551817
If God is everywhere than you don't need to use anything to worship him.
People often reach a point where they worship an icon or relic itself more than they worship God through it. It's idolatry.
>>
>>52552191
>don't need
Of course not. Which is why there is no standard or requirement of icon interaction, its entirely optional and personal.
>>
>>52548091
>A FUCKING UMBRELLA WITH 2 KEYS
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.