[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>yfw people bash America using english (spread by America)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: 1438492461772.jpg (356 KB, 945x927) Image search: [Google]
1438492461772.jpg
356 KB, 945x927
>yfw people bash America using english (spread by America) on an American created website using American created technology
>yfw they act essentially American irl but whine about muh culture on an anime image board
>>
we own the english so we pretty much own the language too
>>
If they had a choice with no responsibility they wouldn't, an understandable sentiment
>>
File: 1340961931606.jpg (37 KB, 210x230) Image search: [Google]
1340961931606.jpg
37 KB, 210x230
>implying hues have any idea of how to type anything but huehuehuehue

Nice try, Americans.
>>
I know this is bait and all but Americans really overestimate the effect their culture have in the rest of the world. If anything you can argue the Western World is slowly assimilating non westerners but that's about it.

I like America but certainly wouldn't feel at home there.
>>
File: ;pp;p;p;.jpg (11 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
;pp;p;p;.jpg
11 KB, 267x189
>>52546853
gib greencard plz
>>
>>52547043
>implying your culture isnt just touristy traditions, language, and food
why would you lie on the internet
>>
>>52547043
>I like America but certainly wouldn't feel at home there.
just curious but why not?
>>
>>52546831
But I have learned British English in school.
>colour, behaviour, biscuit, trousers, cinema, ...

And I actually boycott American products and media as far as I can. The only American products I have are probably the Nvidia and Intel components in my computer.

GOTT STRAFE AMERIKA.
>>
> American
This is a Mongolian anime board
>>
>>52547181
hosted here and that "mongolian" is here too, the person that sold it to him is american and so on
>>
>>52547170
so you just watch shitty under budget films?
>>
>>52546831
ok billy bob
>>
>>52547170
>And I actually boycott American products and media as far as I can
why? do you think we care?
>>
>>52547170
you should boycott american websites too
>>
File: unseremütter_.jpg (333 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
unseremütter_.jpg
333 KB, 1500x1500
>>52547230
The golden age of German film is coming soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GglakerBn3o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4WIfrO0aig
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vnjheCqRIs
Those productions are already successful in your country.
>>
>>52547415
Actually I am just here to shitpost.
>>
File: designatedfreedomcage.jpg (37 KB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
designatedfreedomcage.jpg
37 KB, 440x330
DESIGNATED
>>
>>52547128
Also curious. It can't be that different for you as long as you speak English.

Hell, some parts of the US you can get away with just speaking Spanish. Though I've heard Mexican Spanish is hard even for other native Latino or European Spanish speakers.
>>
>>52547534
FREEDOM
>>
>>52547534
I have no idea what the fuck this is but its the 3rd time I've seen a finn post it in a thread about america
>>
>>52547128
>>52547555
Food, traditions and mindset mostly. Here is socially acepted to be a casual racist, to name the most obvious difference, but it's about a lot of little things.
>>
File: freeseepc.jpg (91 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
freeseepc.jpg
91 KB, 600x350
>>52547630
>>
>>52547654
Food and traditions don't seem that important, but I get what you mean about casual racism. You would have trouble reading people and knowing if it's ok to say certain things or not, probably.
>>
>>52547718
We're also a lot more open about sex, way more bitter about our country, less consumist... there's a lot of things here and there that would constantly remind me I'm not at home.
>Food doesn't seem that important
m8 I eat local food almost exclusively and so does most of the country btw, I just need it.
>>
>>52547654
Casual racism is perfectly normal in every rural and/or white place I've ever lived. You can be as openly racist as you want in Maine or West Virginia for example.

>>52547718
>food and traditions don't seem that important

t. someone who has never left home for any length of time
>>
>>52547718
>Food and traditions don't seem that important

not if you eat fast food every day
>>
>>52546831

>english (spread by America)

Did the americans spread English to Africa?
Did the americans spread English to the Indian sub continent and large parts of Asia and the middle east?
Did the americans spread English to Oceania?
Did the americans spread english to America?
>>
>>52547668
https://www.thefire.org/cases/modesto-junior-college-students-barred-from-distributing-constitutions-on-constitution-day/
you just have to reverse image search that pic to find out that the students sued the school saying that a free speech zone is unconstitutional and thay they won. that free speech zone is removed because america actually uses its constitution
>>
>>52547858
>>52547890
>>52547917
I've lived from one end of this country to the other. I just have work and hobbies that I care about way more than food.
>>
>>52547947
DESIGNATED
>>
>>52547947
Try again
Look up "free speech zones," they are common throughout the country and have been since thr 80s, particularly at political rallys. The ACLU does often go to court over it, but loses as often as they win.
America has a 'time and place" clause that allows authorities to dertime when and where you can exercise the first amendment. In 2012 Obama signed into law legislation that further restricts American's free speech rights.

>tl;dr: lolno
>>
>>52547991
You haven't lived as many places in this country as I have and don't get butthurt when people call you out for a shitty comment.
You obviously were never eating the right foods.
>>
>>52546831
>founded by Europeans with western Christian values
>said values spread all over the world by colonialism
>thinks everyone was influenced by them because they have said western Christian values

The only real thing America has contributed to western culture has been decadence, be it through movies or through other media.

>b-but you all wear jeans

Denim comes from a Frenchman and Jeans comes from Genoa (French name for Genoa, rather). What Americans popularized are blue worker's jeans (lots of pockets and shit), which nobody wears here (unless they are doing manual labour) except autists who can't dress.
>>
>>52546831
Computers and the World Wide Web are British desu
>>
>>52546831
t. Bob Johnson Jr. III
>>
File: Sir_Tim_Berners-Lee.jpg (485 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
Sir_Tim_Berners-Lee.jpg
485 KB, 1600x1066
>>52546831
>amerikanische Technologie
>>
>>52547415
Sorry, it is japanese now..
>>
>>52546831
>Flaws in general unrelated to the language and the technology have anything to do with the language and the technology.
American logic.
>>
>>52546831
>they act essentially American irl
Im not overweight,black, stupid or listen to nigger music but whatever.
>>
>>52552074
So you're not acting like an uneducated, gun-obsessed, patriotic, religious, obese and poor redneck who is living in his house made of paper in the tornado alley??? You're clearly missing the murican dream...
>>
>language from britian
>culture from natives immigrants and britain
>site from nip 2ch localisation for english
>every single invention is from another nationality's template
?
>>
>>52552364
>tfw educated, no gun obsessed, patriotic but not fanatic, casual religious, average and middle class living in a normal house
Have i failed at life?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.